Teen Vogue

M

Mousie

Hey! I was wondering what you all thought of Teen Vogue. My very first Teen Vogue I bought was the May 2010 with the lovely Karlie Kloss on the cover. I had never bought or noticed Teen Vogue before, and I didn't really know anything about modeling at that point, but the cover just captured me. It was shortly after that when I finally accepted my height and dark brows because they were high fashion!
That's kind of my story with Teen Vogue. I have bought several more, but none as good as the first one I bought. I really wish that they would use models on the cover more often and have more stories about them too!

I used to like Teen Vogue a lot and the article with Karlie Kloss, Ali Michael and Chanel Iman really got me interested in models and made me fall in love with Karlie (I still have the pictures from that issue in my scrap book). I think before that I was interested in models and high fashion but that was what really made my interest grow and learn more about the fashion industry. I don't buy Teen Vogue anymore, I feel like I'm too old to buy it now but I still always do a quick browse of every issue.

The first Teen Vogue I ever bought was one with Chanel Iman and Jourdan Dunn on the cover. I have been reading ever since, however, I am getting tired of the many Young Hollywood stars who have nothing to do with fashion (I mean... Justin Bieber???) yet appear on the covers.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm nearly 22 with a fashion degree and I still buy and love it :luv::rolleyes: haha I buy a LOT of magazines, but I like the way the shoots are styled a lot of the time, they have a lot of top stylists and photographers contributing to the mag, some of my faves in fact, who do work for other Vogues, i-D, W etc. as well.
In the UK when I was a teen, I absolutely lived by my ElleGirl and CosmoGirl mags, they were SO much better than the other tacky teen magazines and what got me interested in a career in fashion mags in the first place, and after they both went under is when I (cried myself to sleep for an eternity) started reading UK Glamour and other women's mags, as the fashion was a lot better and the articles more interesting than the garbage we had like Sugar and Mizz.
Turns out there's no geek smiley...

I still get them though I haven't subscribed in a couple years :confused:

I do like how when you look through all the style sections there are picture of our favorite models! I wouldn't pay for it though..to much celeb/teeny bopper stuff.

I get Teen Vogue! I don't know how, it just started coming in my mail one day, after I started reading it though it turns out I really like a lot of stuff in it!! Not so much the 13 year old celebs (idk how old they are) but I love the fashion and makeup stuff! And I'm 28!

I still get them though I haven't subscribed in a couple years :confused:

I do like how when you look through all the style sections there are picture of our favorite models! I wouldn't pay for it though..to much celeb/teeny bopper stuff.

the exact same thing happened to me when I unsubscribed to 17 magazine! oh well, I agree with the rest of this comment also I find it so fake and it's not even high fashion really haha but I think it's a really good magazine to introduce preteen/young teen girls to the fashion industry and then slowly move up to other magazines like vanity fair/id/vogue (internationals because american vogue is a bit weak these days)