Teddy Quinlivan

Teddy at Moschino Men's Wear 2018

1230273.jpg

I really loved the whole collection

• Love
  • Agree
Reactions: 7 users
Sorry for all the same day photos but there are so many good photos of her at Moschino

b8n6rft7fv8yd6dmxwzo7cbym.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
This may be an unpopular post, but I don't find her face very interesting or striking. If she didn't have a killer body, she'd look like any random girl you'd pass on the street. I get why people find her appealing (she has great style and is obviously a bad ass class act) but I do find it interesting to see people change their opinions about her now that she's come out out. I respect her honesty and the visibility she's bringing to LGBTQ+ community, but I think it's compromising to her values and abilities to *suddenly* change your mind about her and then act all confused as to why. It comes across a bit self-serving.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
This may be an unpopular post, but I don't find her face very interesting or striking. If she didn't have a killer body, she'd look like any random girl you'd pass on the street. I get why people find her appealing (she has great style and is obviously a bad ass class act) but I do find it interesting to see people change their opinions about her now that she's come out out. I respect her honesty and the visibility she's bringing to LGBTQ+ community, but I think it's compromising to her values and abilities to *suddenly* change your mind about her and then act all confused as to why. It comes across a bit self-serving.

Her face isn't my favorite, but I don't find it unremarkable. She was also consistently thoughtful & interesting to follow long before she came out.

That being said, I do agree that people seem to bend over backwards to fawn over trans women in a way that seems kind of infantilizing. Putting someone on a pedestal because of their identity takes away some of their agency as a person, leaving them wondering if they're being praised simply because people want to prove that they're *totally* not transphobic. She's also...like....a person. Not a symbol.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 5 users
That being said, I do agree that people seem to bend over backwards to fawn over trans women in a way that seems kind of infantilizing. Putting someone on a pedestal because of their identity takes away some of their agency as a person, leaving them wondering if they're being praised simply because people want to prove that they're *totally* not transphobic. She's also...like....a person. Not a symbol.

This is so well put. Fashion for a long time (and unfortunately in some sectors still today) was very limited to a certain kind of girl, typically white and cisgender. Numerous designers have been called out for their lack of diversity in model casting (not talking bodies here, just backgrounds) and some even speculate that it's deliberate. Whether that's true or not is up for individuals to judge.

However, the solution to this is not to cast any minority as a token. It is simply dehumanizing. It's using that person's image to further a brand's identity as inclusive, which is ultimately a marketing strategy. Using someone's gender status or race as a marketing strategy is wrong. Personally, what I think fashion houses should be doing and have been improving on recently is actively seeking out a diverse lineup when possible, but not necessarily casting someone just because she's trans/ etc., That creates a falsified sense of hope for the model too, probably, that her value lies in her token status.

All that said, Teddy looks beautiful in those recent story photos.

• Agree
minority as a token
Sort of why I hated the mandatory “diversity essays” in UC post-grad applications. :hahano: Hate it even if it does/because it help(s)

I think it's compromising to her values and abilities to *suddenly* change your mind about her and then act all confused as to why. It comes across a bit self-serving.
To be fair though I do think that some faces improve upon repeated viewing (and conversely, some become increasingly bland/boring). I get where you’re coming from and am personally still not a huge fan of Teddy’s look but don’t think it’s always necessarily disingenuous

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
(Oops, I think I accidentally deleted the text I had in my previous post)

I agree with everybody about the "token minority" comparison-as a minority myself, that just really grates on my nerves. I also agree that people shouldn't be actively casting somebody just because they're a minority/a member of the LGBTQ+ community/etc; it's not fair to those who have worked equally as hard and have the same "look".

That kind of reminds me of Affirmative Action here in the United States, actually. Ugh.
(as you can tell, I am still salty and bitter :lol:)

I wasn't a huge fan of Teddy's face at first, but she's really grown on me (it might be the fact that her hair is different...?). I also love how eloquent and well-informed she comes off as!

Reactions: 1 user
I adore her personality and the fact that she truly does not give a fuck about your opinions. Life is short. Live it how you want.

With that said, I do find her facially beautiful at her current weight. She's like the perfect package... face, body, brains, can model. But let's not kid ourselves. Her face, as striking as it is, would not be able to withstand a 20lbs gain like some of the other (blessed) wastes of face out there.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
I agree with everybody about the "token minority" comparison-as a minority myself, that just really grates on my nerves. I also agree that people shouldn't be actively casting somebody just because they're a minority/a member of the LGBTQ+ community/etc; it's not fair to those who have worked equally as hard and have the same "look".

To be fair, she was successful long before she came out as trans. My issue is more with the type of person that suddenly jumps on the positivity bandwagon once they realize that it could earn them *woke* points.

• Agree
??? do tell
Referring to this post
I think her eyes look like that because her post before said she had another allergic reaction which made her face ultra puffy....like a blowfish... although, normally she does have very beautiful eyes, and features all together!

The only person who could make allergic reactions hot

Reactions: 1 users
Pertinent to some of the discussion we’ve had here.

Attachments

• FCC87DD4-DDED-4C90-BA0C-E3D0E98FA1CA.png
    FCC87DD4-DDED-4C90-BA0C-E3D0E98FA1CA.png
    508.6 KB · Views: 101
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
Saw her today at Jeremy Scott. Soo stunning and sweet. I was like “who’s that??” But then I recognized her through the wig. :luv:

• Love
Reactions: 4 users