Taylor Swift

I'm honestly a huge Taylor Swift fan and obviously she looked incredible back in her 1989 era, but I believe her in that she's happy in her body now. I understand relationship weight gain all too well (hehe). But I feel like she needs a better stylist, all of her clothes make her look even more frumpy and even bigger than she really is. Like the dress she wore in Cardigan (posted above) really did make her look like Miss Piggy.

This is the only photo I've seen so far where her clothes haven't harmed her in terms of looking fat.
View attachment 96784
Like this skirt is two sizes too small, wearing a bigger size would've made her thighs look smaller..
View attachment 96793
and a throwback just for fun, one of my fave looks from the golden era
View attachment 96787
Well to add to the problem Taylor doesn't know how to pose now that she's gained weight. She's still got the posture of Golden Era Taylor.

She looks uncomfortable in her own skin.

• Agree
Reactions: 9 users
Well to add to the problem Taylor doesn't know how to pose now that she's gained weight. She's still got the posture of Golden Era Taylor.

She looks uncomfortable in her own skin.
Absolutely. I’ll admit that I have a major soft spot for Taylor since I grew up with her music and going to her concerts so watching her and her music mature sort of feels like watching an older sister grow up (a little pathetic I know) so even though I no longer like her body, I can’t bring myself to actively take her down like I do to others

I think if she embraced the fact that she’s no longer as skinny as she used to be and dressed accordingly, she’d look much better. I feel that currently she swings between clothes that are too “mature” for her which make her look frumpy and much older than she is and then back to clothes that are much too tight/short and that don’t flatter her current body type (i.e anything she wore for her ME! performances). I absolutely love the Vogue photoshoot styling with the figure hugging knit dresses - I feel like she suits the “cozy but sensual” vibe really well.

Obviously her body isn’t my ideal or appealing to anyone on SGF but if she isn’t planning to lose weight I’d love to see her style and carry herself with a bit more assurance and acceptance of her weight gain. Although of course, the weight loss would be preferable. This is probably the nicest I’ve been about a chubby celebrity :lol:

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users
I think Taylor has always had terrible style. I never looked at her outfits and thought “I love (or even like) what she’s wearing”. Her lack of style has just become even more apparent now that she’s chubby.

• Agree
Reactions: 11 users
I think Taylor has always had terrible style. I never looked at her outfits and thought “I love (or even like) what she’s wearing”. Her lack of style has just become even more apparent now that she’s chubby.
Idk I thought she had super cute style in the 1989 era, aka when she was tiny. Like these
1607931211246.png

1607931297988-png.97139

I was absolutely obsessed with this oscar de la renta dress when blank space came out

1607931452908.png

Although I guess it can be argued that all of these were dressed by stylists, like she knew she was heavily papped wherever she went during that time so she was always made up/dressed up so she likely had outfits picked for her vs now, where it kind of seems like she's dressing herself (at least I hope because if not then that stylist needs to think about a career change)

But also ugh look at at her back here, so gorgeous
1607931608631.png

Attachments

• 1607931297988.png
    1607931297988.png
    2 MB · Views: 3,439
  • Disagree
  • Eye Roll
Reactions: 10 users
Idk I thought she had super cute style in the 1989 era, aka when she was tiny. Like these
View attachment 97138
1607931297988-png.97139

I was absolutely obsessed with this oscar de la renta dress when blank space came out

View attachment 97141
Although I guess it can be argued that all of these were dressed by stylists, like she knew she was heavily papped wherever she went during that time so she was always made up/dressed up so she likely had outfits picked for her vs now, where it kind of seems like she's dressing herself (at least I hope because if not then that stylist needs to think about a career change)

But also ugh look at at her back here, so gorgeous
View attachment 97142

I’ll admit she had some good red carpet looks but her street style...ugh. It just screams “basic bitch” to me. Only thing worse than being a basic bitch is being a fat basic bitch :whistling:

• Agree
Reactions: 8 users
I don't know if anyone's seen her apple music interview, but I think she's lost weight recently? She's in a loose sweater but look at her xylo showing! Although she still looks big in the willow music video but it seems like she shot that a while ago too

Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 11.27.46 PM.png

• Funny
  • Disagree
  • WTF
I don't know if anyone's seen her apple music interview, but I think she's lost weight recently? She's in a loose sweater but look at her xylo showing! Although she still looks big in the willow music video but it seems like she shot that a while ago too

View attachment 97511

I don’t think she’s lost weight. That doesn’t look like a xylo to me. Plus her face still looks round and jowly.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users
i definitely could be wrong but it seems like one, here's a screenshot when she moved and its a little more prominent
Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 11.29.26 PM.png

• Funny
  • Eye Roll
  • Sad
Reactions: 8 users
Anyone with an average BMI and big enough tits can have a """"xylo""""

Also
in the 1989 era, aka when she was tiny
I get that you're totally a huge #swiftie!!!1 but plz don't insult our standards like this

Maybe I'm being mean in this thread because a friend just made me watch her insufferable documentary :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Agree
  • Funny

I'm goin to mix this thread with the Kibbe. Taylor is the perfect example of rejecting her image identity and adopt the style of her opposites (gamine and soft classic). She is a text book dramatic, which makes her look childish and "off" with the outfits in this quote.

Look at her when she wears pure dramatic lines. She looks stunning. That hair too, the overly romantic curls she often wears are too much for her but blunt bold bangs and polished hair look amazing on her.
460034120924169c4ddfd4571d5e0bff.jpg
433d7ed08c83c1da82fa7c308576010d.jpg
article-2620104-1D932C0D00000578-699_634x938.jpg

• Agree
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
Big yikes. I think my local bakery has less rolls than Taylor!

Ugh I too have one of those bottom halves that turns into a big, boxy, shapeless mess if not kept as thin as possible. Remembering how it looks like you’re the same (fat) width from under your boobs to your thighs is enough to keep yourself on track surely :disgusted:

Shapeless fat around the hips is also hard to get rid of without really intense, deliberate effort — I don’t think she has that dedication in her any more :rolleyes:

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Ugh I too have one of those bottom halves that turns into a big, boxy, shapeless mess if not kept as thin as possible. Remembering how it looks like you’re the same (fat) width from under your boobs to your thighs is enough to keep yourself on track surely :disgusted:

Shapeless fat around the hips is also hard to get rid of without really intense, deliberate effort — I don’t think she has that dedication in her any more :rolleyes:
Unfortunately, I too have a similar body to Taylor, such wide hips.... I also was blessed with wide shoulders so I have to keep my upper body and lower body thin to look even vaguely delicate and not dumpy. The flip-side is that our wide hips give us better thigh gaps, so think positive!

She needs to fire her stylist. This is the worst type of outfit you could put on a fat person unless you trying to accentuate their fat.
Reminds me of meat in string:

36C90391-57EA-4438-B6A5-F02F218A8BD9.jpeg

lmao im sorry y'all i was (still am) new and dumb

It’s more the fact you think this meat loaf has a xylo. It’s xylo inspiration to people on My 600lb Life maybe.

• Funny
Reactions: 3 users
7499C1E9-D0D4-431E-B55C-2A6360B5E235.jpeg

She's never going back to her golden era, but it seems she's lost "some" weight? She doesn't have cankles anymore!

• Agree
  • Disagree
Reactions: 9 users