Taylor Swift

Gonna have to say she was just average tbh
Yeah, she dressed extremely strategically. Pretty sure she's a pear shape, so her upper body ended up looking pretty slim if she threw a billowy tent around her legs à la this outfit:

72DB342E-981D-4B66-9353-24A26FBB54B3.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users
I think there was definitely a period of time where she actually was thin. Not SG skinny but when she was at her thinnest, I wouldn’t have described her as average;

View attachment 68750View attachment 68751View attachment 68752
The contrast between these two posts...oh, no, Taylor, just no!

She apparently commented in a Secret Session about having gained 15 lbs and everyone going crazy. Hon, that looks more like 30, and might be approaching 50 since she's so tall. Just. What.

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users
Correct me if I’m wrong because I don’t know which red carpet this is from (edit: it says AMA’s right behind her, I’m a dummy) but is this what she wore to get what amounts to a lifetime achievement award?

Didn’t the AMA’s give her “Artist of the Decade”? Regardless of whether or not this is her (horrible) outfit on that particular evening, wouldn’t you put in some sort of effort to look impressive if you were going to be honored with Artist of the Decade? It just blows my mind how you could rest on your laurels for so long, and not even this achievement could break you from your complacency in your newfound average and unmotivated state.

I imagine she must have serious depression. I don’t like to speculate about things like that, and if she does, I hope her struggles with such a heavy condition ease. But I can’t imagine another explanation.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Correct me if I’m wrong because I don’t know which red carpet this is from (edit: it says AMA’s right behind her, I’m a dummy) but is this what she wore to get what amounts to a lifetime achievement award?

Didn’t the AMA’s give her “Artist of the Decade”? Regardless of whether or not this is her (horrible) outfit on that particular evening, wouldn’t you put in some sort of effort to look impressive if you were going to be honored with Artist of the Decade? It just blows my mind how you could rest on your laurels for so long, and not even this achievement could break you from your complacency in your newfound average and unmotivated state.

I imagine she must have serious depression. I don’t like to speculate about things like that, and if she does, I hope her struggles with such a heavy condition ease. But I can’t imagine another explanation.
Yeah, she doesn't seem okay. She cited family health as the reason she's not doing a huge tour for her latest album. She and her mother are really close, and if it turns out her mother's cancer came back and is terminal - well, there are better ways to deal with awful feelings, but this coping method is understandable, especially if paired with depression meds.

"Soon You'll Get Better" is an emotional minefield. I really don't think she's okay.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
I don’t think her weight gain is due to her getting older cause she has always been slim, even in her more average days. So this is really weird. I think the whole Kanye thing and all other dramas really messed with her head

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
I get very annoyed when people who gain weight try to justify it by saying they were unhappy before, like so many celebrities and social media people always have to make a video or a post addressing their weight gain.
Wanting to look and feel good and thus being mindful of what you're putting in to your body doesn't automatically mean that you were restricting, underrating, unhealthy etc. :eyeroll:

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
I get very annoyed when people who gain weight try to justify it by saying they were unhappy before, like so many celebrities and social media people always have to make a video or a post addressing their weight gain.
Wanting to look and feel good and thus being mindful of what you're putting in to your body doesn't automatically mean that you were restricting, underrating, unhealthy etc. :eyeroll:

Agree but where does she actually say that in this article? All she said was that she tries to avoid thinking negatively about her body. She's hardly obese (I am terrible at guessing BMIs but I think she'd be BMI 24-25 max, which while fat within our standards, is still medically "healthy"). I don't pay too much attention to her but I don't remember her saying anything along the lines of she's "sooo much happier at a heavier weight" or even really explicitly addressing her weight gain (feel free to correct me if I am wrong). TBH, I agree with what she is saying in regards to avoiding negative thoughts about herself, including her weight. We're all different, but I am definitely a glass half-full kind of girl, and when I focus too much on the negatives about myself, it's hard not to feel depressed and unmotivated.

• Agree
TBH, I agree with what she is saying in regards to avoiding negative thoughts about herself, including her weight
Yes of course, I definitely agree that it's good to not be negative about yourself.
I was mostly speaking more generally about how celebrities / social media stars always talk about 'body positivity' or how they feel so much better etc. (directly or indirectly) after they gain weight.

I usually wouldn’t subject you all to an image like this but in this video it looks like she’s eaten the skinnier version of herself...

• Pig
  • Sad
I usually wouldn’t subject you all to an image like this but in this video it looks like she’s eaten the skinnier version of herself...

The close ups of her face in this video remind me of being in a heavier weight and immediately seeing it from a thicker neck and rounder face... Jawline just kind of non-existent and what left of it melts to the shorter looking neck :nervous:

She seems sweet enough though and she rocks that nude, off-white blouse. What grinded my gears though was around 2:10 mark she spoke in a way that can be interpreted in a mocking, projecting way; ''I'm a woman, not a coat-hanger and I need to be healthy and take pleasure in food and not use my body in as exercise of control'', so maybe she's had a share of problems with body-image; however I'm a woman not a coat hanger set the tone to sound kinda ... bitter. Yeah she should take care of herself but since she seems to feel bad for gaining I hope she wouldn't take the route of shaming women who are still thin (healthy or not). :busted: Makes one seems reeaaallyyy jealous and catty and not in an ok way especially when she used to be somewhat thin too and according to her words, even worked for it.

• Agree
What grinded my gears though was around 2:10 mark she spoke in a way that can be interpreted in a mocking, projecting way; ''I'm a woman, not a coat-hanger and I need to be healthy and take pleasure in food and not use my body in as exercise of control'', so maybe she's had a share of problems with body-image; however I'm a woman not a coat hanger set the tone to sound kinda ... bitter. Yeah she should take care of herself but since she seems to feel bad for gaining I hope she wouldn't take the route of shaming women who are still thin (healthy or not). :busted: Makes one seems reeaaallyyy jealous and catty and not in an ok way especially when she used to be somewhat thin too and according to her words, even worked for it.

This, exactly. The people who are truly happy in themselves, and make the choice to let their body go rather than control it, don’t promote it at others’ expense. If she were truly comfortable with herself, she would simply be - not project insecurity by purporting that the opposite choice (cultivating an image and curating your body’s aesthetic) is absurd and unthinkable.

She seems sweet enough though and she rocks that nude, off-white blouse.

You’re kinder than I.

• Agree
I was always a massive fan of Taylor a Swift, i still listen to her music, but her weight gain is so TERRIBLE. She was an “attainable” thinspo back in the day, because she was skinny but not super skinny. Now it kind of repulses me to look at her, she’s still so beautiful but she looks so bloated. it’s so disappointing
It was bad enough when she was on the reputation tour, her thighs were huge, etc. However during this new era she’s just - - - fat. Like genuinely fat. & I agree with all the “overgrown figure skater” comments. She could totally dress in a way that is flattering, and SOPHISTICATED, but she’s dressing like a child. When she does dress well her weight gain is less upsetting. If she is learning to love and accept herself then I’m happy for her, but it does seem a bit like she has picked up binge eating or something.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
The total lack of definition in her chest/collarbone/arm area is so unattractive. When I was at my highest weight, the only tops I felt comfortable in were long sleeves up to the neck. The doughy chest area is one of the worst parts of weight gain, in my opinion.

It’s also funny to me when celebs talk as if their weight gain is a positive thing for their mental health, yet the way they carry themselves says the opposite. Taylor just looks so uncomfortable in her body right now.

FEBB6911-7448-4F7C-BD32-1551B4B1EFB0.jpeg

279FCD84-898F-430C-A2B9-3271A1B671FF.jpeg

67AF39EA-D237-4CFD-B8F3-6F186B2F3A59.jpeg

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users