Taylor Swift

She released new music:

I hate the song, I hate her ill-fitting pastel suit, and this entire video reminds me of my fifth birthday party. AND I’m highly offended by her “French” accent.

• Gross
Reactions: 6 users
She released new music:

I hate the song, I hate her ill-fitting pastel suit, and this entire video reminds me of my fifth birthday party. AND I’m highly offended by her “French” accent.

Oh god, that fucking french bit... that was so cringeworthy! I don't understand why they couldn't have just shot that part in English???

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Oh god, that fucking french bit... that was so cringeworthy! I don't understand why they couldn't have just shot that part in English???

Because she's "quirky."

Honestly, I don't mind the overly saccharine bubblegum cutsie video, I think it's fun to play with those types of visual themes as a director or set designer. The song sounds like it was made for a Target ad though (come next month, we'll probably find that to be true).

Because she's "quirky."

Honestly, I don't mind the overly saccharine bubblegum cutsie video, I think it's fun to play with those types of visual themes as a director or set designer. The song sounds like it was made for a Target ad though (come next month, we'll probably find that to be true).

I don't mind the idea/concept of the music video... but something about it feels not-quite-finished.

Like @smallthing said, the fit of her suit is absolutely awful. In fact, several costumes looked cheap. Also, the editing looked like what you'd find in a low-budget tv series. The whole thing was too elaborate to be tongue-in-cheek, yet didn't look polished enough either.

I think the song is closer to early Taylor Swift and I feel like her long-time fans might enjoy it. I've never been a fan of her music though, so I might be completely wrong here.

The song is bad and the lyrics mediocre but the video is really good. The set design, the shots and the CGI were really good.

the fit of her suit is absolutely awful. In fact, several costumes looked cheap

Even though this is a small thing, I'd venture to say the fit of her suit is very much intentional, especially given that her featured artist and many of the other women in the video have suits that fit, so I can't be too mad at it. The whole "ill-fitting-disproportionate-over-extended" suit has been having it's moment since FW17-ish.

8b4bebbc5733ee714444192cf9b0b5bb.jpg

image.jpg

42e4dccba5126f485c4606b0ae235f12.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
She released new music:

I digress but the video looks an awful lot like Dua Lipa’s...
308F5F96-C9CD-4347-B56D-629776D15C90.jpeg

4F712206-2162-4B8E-A0C1-0450A10584FF.jpeg

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
I digress but the video looks an awful lot like Dua Lipa’s...
View attachment 55031
View attachment 55032
And the song kind of rips off "Next to Me" by Emile Sandi (remember when that was briefly popular in 2012?) Getting Katy Perry “Roar” vibes too. 5 years ago isn’t old enough to be “retro”, Taylor is just incredibly behind the times.

I’m honestly kind of mad at her for releasing this song, because now we’re all going to be subjected to it whole summer even though no one actually likes it. Taylor is like if Bebe Rexha or Ava Max actually had a rabid fan base, aka makes music boring and obnoxious enough to be played on radio, but actually has enough of a following to be recognizable. :superpuke:

Anyway THOSE ARMS:seeya:

• Agree
  • Funny
Reactions: 7 users
Even though this is a small thing, I'd venture to say the fit of her suit is very much intentional, especially given that her featured artist and many of the other women in the video have suits that fit, so I can't be too mad at it. The whole "ill-fitting-disproportionate-over-extended" suit has been having it's moment since FW17-ish.

8b4bebbc5733ee714444192cf9b0b5bb.jpg

image.jpg

42e4dccba5126f485c4606b0ae235f12.jpg

The fabric of the suit she is wearing in the clip is far too thin to look good with that type of cut. Maybe the choice was intentional, but the suit in her music videos looks nowhere near the photos you've shared. These examples are very nice and look purposefully oversized, not ill-fitting.

• Agree
Reactions: 7 users
The fabric of the suit she is wearing in the clip is far too thin to look good with that type of cut. Maybe the choice was intentional, but the suit in her music videos looks nowhere near the photos you've shared. These examples are very nice and look purposefully oversized, not ill-fitting.
That’s bc Taylor’s weight to suit ratio is not the same as the models. And so the oversized suit just looks ill fitting.

Also OMG her stomach in that green leotard at the end. She looks like she just ate 2 burritos and badly needs to take-a-poo bloated.

• Funny
Reactions: 1 user
I really do think she's unhappy with the weight gain and trying to pretend she's skinny. She did that thing for the TIME gala the other night where she tried to create an optical illusion of being dainty/ethereal, and it could fool the casual observer maybe, but not someone who can see the back/arm fat spilling out. It's like the fashion version of a mumu.

Screen Shot 2019-04-30 at 1.31.57 PM.png

t3.jpg

t1.jpg

That shoulders/arms/boobs/face combo :badgirl: Her face is starting to look like it did as a teenager, before she lost the baby fat.

• Gross
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users
I really do think she's unhappy with the weight gain and trying to pretend she's skinny. She did that thing for the TIME gala the other night where she tried to create an optical illusion of being dainty/ethereal, and it could fool the casual observer maybe, but not someone who can see the back/arm fat spilling out. It's like the fashion version of a mumu.

View attachment 55144

View attachment 55145

View attachment 55146

That shoulders/arms/boobs/face combo :badgirl: Her face is starting to look like it did as a teenager, before she lost the baby fat.
A teenager? I think not. This woman is ...matronly.

• Agree

View attachment 55144

View attachment 55145

View attachment 55146

Thought I hated those ridiculous puffy pink sleeves at first, but after seeing the second photo, I think I've changed my mind (...those arms :run:)

View attachment 55144

View attachment 55145

View attachment 55146

The yellow siding on the dress is definitely strategic. Attempted optical illusion is right :badgirl:

During her interview on Ellen, she mentions she has trouble with “sleep eating.” Apparently, she awakens in the night and will rummage through her kitchen, eat anything she can find “like a raccoon” and not remember it.

She meant for it to seem endearing, I think- the way Jennifer Lawrence talks about being hungry and eating and it’s received (or was for a while until everybody grew sick of it) as relatable. But it came off very awkwardly and even Ellen said “I think you might have a problem.”

Sorry if my formatting is strange, I’m embedding on mobile.

Anyway, I think her weight gain definitely has a psychological route and this confirms it for me.

• Gross
  • WTF
  • Sad
Reactions: 3 users
During her interview on Ellen, she mentions she has trouble with “sleep eating.” Apparently, she awakens in the night and will rummage through her kitchen, eat anything she can find “like a raccoon” and not remember it.

She meant for it to seem endearing, I think- the way Jennifer Lawrence talks about being hungry and eating and it’s received (or was for a while until everybody grew sick of it) as relatable. But it came off very awkwardly and even Ellen said “I think you might have a problem.”

Sorry if my formatting is strange, I’m embedding on mobile.

Anyway, I think her weight gain definitely has a psychological route and this confirms it for me.

Looks like someone needs to fix some limb restraints to their bed.

• Funny

Mhh...it's probably a mean thing to say, but the first thing that crossed my mind when reading this was that it sounds like a sort of excuse designed to make it look as if she had no way of working against it. If she'd said she had a plain binge eating disorder, people would have told her to just stop stuffing her face, and it would have been her 'fault' that she gained weight. The way she tried to sell it, it's something she can bravely admit, but not something she has to own up to.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Forgot to post these screenshots. I don’t get how her stylists let her perform with those costumes on stage while she futilely tries to disguise those trunks on the red carpet.

59D7EEDF-D160-42B4-BE52-D12429B99EC0.png
1828CB93-0095-45AF-9053-0141FB76918A.png

• Gross
  • WTF
Reactions: 8 users