• You can now apply for Skinny Gossip membership online. Click here to begin.
  • We are getting a lot more membership applications than we expected. Be patient while we work through the pile. DO NOT submit a second application!!

Taylor Swift

StarryHeavens

Rookie
Reaction score
In my personal opinion, I don’t care if she gains weight, or loses weight. I don’t care for her or her career. But aesthetically speaking, she could at least be more proportionate? Exercises exist for a reason. Sure, we can’t dictate where we gain or where we lose but hard work can get you to the body shape you want.

Apart from that, someone should really inform her that she’s not good enough to have her physique and appearance change and still have a career that people (come to) respect. I really can’t tell what she is trying to achieve other than jumping onto the bandwagon of whatever’s “trending”.

Tinyportia

Super Star
Reaction score
I think people would be more forgiving if she wasn’t so fake and unrelatable.
She’s never really shown a side of herself that feels even remotely honest or genuine.

In my personal opinion, I don’t care if she gains weight, or loses weight. I don’t care for her or her career. But aesthetically speaking, she could at least be more proportionate? Exercises exist for a reason. Sure, we can’t dictate where we gain or where we lose but hard work can get you to the body shape you want.

Apart from that, someone should really inform her that she’s not good enough to have her physique and appearance change and still have a career that people (come to) respect. I really can’t tell what she is trying to achieve other than jumping onto the bandwagon of whatever’s “trending”.

StarryHeavens

Rookie
Reaction score
I think people would be more forgiving if she wasn’t so fake and unrelatable.
She’s never really shown a side of herself that feels even remotely honest or genuine.
You make a good point! I never could pinpoint what was it that make me not care about her, but I never actually cared enough to be bothered :D This must be it. Unfortunately, she’s still fake and unrelatable.

Elliebubble

Worker Bee
Reaction score
I... honestly think she might have gained more?? Them thighs (and her arms 😭):

FFDB5535-22FC-4209-A4ED-F62ED1DF44FB.jpeg61EF830D-4C30-4373-94DC-B6339717F6AD.jpeg393F9D83-5746-4986-928C-AB886B19A3C1.png

Funnily enough, when I went looking for photos from Wango Tango, it surfaced a Just Jared article about her “hitting the gym” ahead of her performance. Strangely, the article has since been taken down - but given this was the preview shot, I can’t help but wonder if her people made them remove it?

5AFB5E7D-E406-42CC-8AAD-27CEB6853772.png

Edited to add: here are the workout photos from elsewhere 😬

D86DF930-BE3A-4F33-BA51-546FF76373D0.png34312F2D-6B7E-47CF-99F1-C0BC410D61B4.png

Last edited:

habenula

Super Star
Reaction score

Natalie

Super Star
Reaction score
Ok so in ~lesbian~ celeb gossip circles there's been this big rumor that she was going to come out as bi during this album cycle and everyone was so sad when she "came out" as an "ally".

tbh, the straights can have her.
I'm honest to god blown away that so many LGBTQ+ icons featured in that terrible video. The entire thing seemed so... condescending. She can't even virtue signal effectively 🙄

MCK

Rookie
Reaction score
Her thighs are still atrocious though - yikes!! I wish she would at least wear some more flattering outfits
I think that’s her problem area. Like Keira Knightley, they both have a very small upper body. It’s the same for me if I gain.

stargirl

Staff member
Reaction score
I do think she’s lost a bit from her highest but idk if we’re at BIG CELEBRATION SHE’S GONNA BE BMI 16 AGAIN IN NO TIME just yet. But it’s a start? Celebrities lose weight all the time and she still looks extremely average; the immense celebration of her slightly less awful figure feels very MFP for me.

proseccoprincess

Community Duchess
Reaction score
Yeah I don't really see the point in praising what looks like a MAXIMUM 5 lb weight loss when that can just be water weight, normal fluctuations, good lighting, shapewear, flattering angles, or any other number of things. She still has a gross double chin, fat thighs, and her stomach is bursting out of that outfit. If it's a model and you know she's trying to lose weight, then maybe it's worth getting excited over, but TS just did a whole body-posi interview like yesterday, so I don't think this "weight loss" is a sign of anything.

caroldingdong

Rookie
Reaction score
Yeah I don't really see the point in praising what looks like a MAXIMUM 5 lb weight loss when that can just be water weight, normal fluctuations, good lighting, shapewear, flattering angles, or any other number of things. She still has a gross double chin, fat thighs, and her stomach is bursting out of that outfit. If it's a model and you know she's trying to lose weight, then maybe it's worth getting excited over, but TS just did a whole body-posi interview like yesterday, so I don't think this "weight loss" is a sign of anything.
I think we’re all just missing skinny Taylor too much hahaha

elle_w00ds

Grand Dame
Reaction score
LOOK WHOS GETTING HER SHIT TOGETHER! I must say I’m honestly surprised. Refreshing to see someone in mainstream media lose weight instead of “being proud”
I'm not. Even most 'proud fatties' are playing pretend, and pre-lapsarian Taylor was rather forthright about her conscious commitment to proper diet and body. Or was I the only one who noticed the SGF friendly tidbits on chicken tenders in her 73 Qs with Vogue?

I think that’s her problem area. Like Keira Knightley, they both have a very small upper body. It’s the same for me if I gain.
Hmmm, if only there was a word for that.

Last edited: