Taylor Swift

Discussion in 'Celebrities' started by astrid, Jan 24, 2012.

1. quipawiticism

quipawiticism Worker Bee

My GOD... Those thighs are a travesty....

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Butternut

Butternut Grand Dame

To be fair, sleep eating is a real thing for those of you who doubt it!

My partner's aunt has "sleep eating" and I think she needs to lock her cabinets at night in a way that would prevent her from getting into them (I don't remember if she actually does or not though).

She stayed at his mom's house a few times and she'll literally go through the kitchen eating the weirdest things in the middle of the night while she's still asleep.

I don't think that's what Taylor Swift has though.. she seems to have had a bad depressive episode, possibly combined with waking up in the middle of the night to binge-eat and being confused in the morning as to whether it happened or not. I know when I'm stressed or depressed reality can become a little bit blurred, and the line between sleeping and being awake becomes muddied (more sleep paralysis & more hypnagogic hallucinations). Or, like others said, she might have just been looking for a convenient excuse.

I definitely think there was some sort of mental health problem going on. There was that year where she essentially disappeared off the face of the earth, and where her affect seemed really off in the casual videos she published. Then, when she did come back she had ballooned in size. It all seems very strange to me.

• Like Like x 3
    • Sad Sad x 1
  3. Oona

Oona Rookie

Her tights are the worst! They’re so unflattering and turn her thighs from awful to disastrous. The best part is that I’ve seen some of her fans on Reddit purchasing tights from the same brand cause they believe they’re so flattering :S

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. FashionThin

FashionThin VIP - Insider & The Boss
    Staff Member VIP

omfg that is horrid :superpuke:

The scary thing is that maybe they are. :eek:

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Elliebubble

Elliebubble Rookie

The Ellen thing is interesting because she also offered a different “excuse” for her size in Elle recently:

“I learned to stop hating every ounce of fat on my body. I worked hard to retrain my brain that a little extra weight means curves, shinier hair, and more energy. I think a lot of us push the boundaries of dieting, but taking it too far can be really dangerous. There is no quick fix. I work on accepting my body every day.”

https://www.elle.com/culture/celebrities/a26628467/taylor-swift-30th-birthday-lessons/

The fact that she’s talking about having shiny hair and energy now when she claims she didn’t before is the biggest admission I’ve seen from her that she got to her LW via an eating disorder. You should be able to have nice hair and enough energy at a low weight unless you got there by unhealthy means. Of course, she’s now trying to do the usual thing of suggesting you can’t be thin WITHOUT something being wrong with you.

I always wondered if she’d been recovering from an ED (whether formally or not) in that year off. I agree with those who suggested she’s binge eating now though.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Elliebubble

Elliebubble Rookie

Also, what is she WEARING on Ellen? That is a give-up look. And she looks like a giant next to Ellen, who is short, sure, but not the smallest person in the world.

Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 4.38.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 4.38.48 PM.png
    Versus late 2014:

Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 4.39.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 4.40.19 PM.png

I'm losing hope that she could or still wants to bring it back.

#1706 Elliebubble, May 17, 2019 at 12:44 AM
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2019 at 12:49 AM
    • Agree Agree x 5
  7. FashionThin

Staff Member VIP

Please do that as a separate post in the thread - to keep people's reacts separate from the rest of your post. Like someone might agree it's a give-up look but not agree to move her to Takedowns.

• Like Like x 2
  8. FashionThin

Staff Member VIP

There's her mistake :hahano:

Taylor if I had your body, I wouldn't be able to accept it either.

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Elliebubble

Elliebubble Rookie

Separately (thanks for editing me @FashionThin), I reckon she goes to takedowns now, she's clearly stopped trying to get back to where she was.

Anyone else?

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  10. Elliebubble

Elliebubble Rookie

Taylor Swift on the cover of the new Entertainment Weekly... really representing body acceptance there with an accurate depiction of her current body and face, surejan.gif

EW20190517.jpg

11. Diamndgrl

Diamndgrl Super Star

Photoshop is truly amazing:facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1