Taylor Momsen

I sort of stumbled across a dumb picture of her on Tumblr and I just feel kind of nostalgic? She was my idol in the awkward teen angst years, but now it's like she's just become totally irrelevant. I haven't heard anyone talk about Taylor or The Pretty Reckless in about three years. Time for her to pull herself together or properly fade away, I think.

Taylor Momsen is passionate about making music and the girl is very talented even if she tries too hard, so even though she is not relevant, if she loves what she's doing then I don't see why she should "proprely fade away" just because she isn't as notorious as some famous pop star.

Reactions: 2 users
Taylor Momsen is passionate about making music and the girl is very talented even if she tries too hard, so even though she is not relevant, if she loves what she's doing then I don't see why she should "proprely fade away" just because she isn't as notorious as some famous pop star.

As much as I'd like to think talent is all that is needed to make a successful musician, I don't think that's true. You have to be an interesting and engaging stage presence - it's much less about the music and much more about the performance these days. If you stagnate in your image, you become irrelevant. No one paid attention to Lady Gaga when she was just Stefani Germanotta, without a blow-up dolphin to ride.

Reactions: 1 user
As much as I'd like to think talent is all that is needed to make a successful musician, I don't think that's true. You have to be an interesting and engaging stage presence - it's much less about the music and much more about the performance these days. If you stagnate in your image, you become irrelevant. No one paid attention to Lady Gaga when she was just Stefani Germanotta, without a blow-up dolphin to ride.

not everyone wants to be Lady Gaga (who doesn't even make music anymore- right????? I seriously don't know). I think if she wanted to be a famous pop star she would have stayed on as Jenny in Gossip Girl, but I think Taylor Momsen made her intentions pretty clear on who she wants to be, which is respectful.

Reactions: 1 users
not everyone wants to be Lady Gaga (who doesn't even make music anymore- right????? I seriously don't know). I think if she wanted to be a famous pop star she would have stayed on as Jenny in Gossip Girl, but I think Taylor Momsen made her intentions pretty clear on who she wants to be, which is respectful.

I'm not saying she has to be Lady Gaga - my point is just that she appeals to a very niche crowd and that's getting kind of old.