Votes: 20 7.9%
  • Yes, but I regret it!

Votes: 14 5.5%
  • Maybe in the future...

Votes: 104 41.1%
  • Never, they are so tacky!

Votes: 60 23.7%

• Total voters
I've gotten a tattoo since the last time I posted on this thread. I think it's been about a year, and I still love it.

I definitely want more.

May I ask what you did get and what you want to get in the future? :)
(Sorry, I'm nosy.)

@skinnyjane

I got the tree tattoo I mentioned way back on page one of this thread! :) It's a silhouette (just black ink) of a tree with roots and leaves. It's about the size of my fist, and it's between my shoulder blades.

I want a hyper-realistic bee on my arm (it has personal meaning) and maybe a line from "Circe" -

"give me then
something outside me stirring; let the storm
break up the sluggish beauty, let it fall
beaten below the feet of passionate winds"

but I haven't decided.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the tree tattoo I mentioned way back on page one of this thread! :) It's a silhouette (just black ink) of a tree with roots and leaves. It's about the size of my fist, and it's between my shoulder blades.

This sounds cute :)
I always wanted to get a tree or something related inked on my body because I grew up in a house located really close to a forest and nature's always played a big part in my life, even though I now live in a city that's mostly made out of cement, glass and iron. (I thank God for the tree in front of my balcony, seriously.)

What meaning does the bee have, if you don't mind me asking?
(Again, if I'm too nosy just tell me off :oops: I just really love talking about tattoos and related plans and meanings to them.)

@skinnyjane

trees are beautiful :)

My sister's name means "honey bee." So it would be a sister tattoo.

lol, I feel weird giving all this personal information out, because now my identity would be obvious to anyone who knows me in real life. But I think these forums are completely private to people without a username now?

Last edited by a moderator:
My sister's name means "honey bee." So it would be a sister tattoo.

Awww. :luv: I really love this. I always wanted to get some kind of "partner" tattoo but I neither have siblings (thanks, Mom, for not wanting to get pregnant again after giving birth to me :p) nor a best friend (I isolated myself a lot during the past couple of months due to my mental illness) and I'm not stupid enough to get my boyfriend's name tattooed (I love him and want to spend the rest of my life with him but we've only been together for three years, who knows what will happen - I'd hate to have something permanently inked on me that reminds me of an ended relationship ...).

I thought about incorporating my parents' and grand parents' initials and/or birth days in my tree tattoo. I love my family a lot, they always had my back and supported me no matter how badly I fucked up, and I want to show that I appreciate it from the bottom of my heart. To them and the whole rest of the world.

I think tattoos are really gorgeous on some people, but they're not for me. I'm most certainly not a very edgy person - I dress very classically (almost old fashioned,really) and a tattoo would just look silly on me, unless it was really tiny and easily hidden. I considered briefly getting a hieroglyphic phrase on my ankle (I took some papers in Egyptology at university and studied the language, so I could do something personal) but decided against it in the end.

I also have a terror of needles (I passed out when I got my malaria jabs last year :lol:). Serious respect to you ladies who have tattoos - especially the skinnies, as they hurt so much more on your bony bits :lol:

I was going to originally get it done on my foot but I'm afraid of it blurring in the future. Does anyone have a foot tattoo?

I've got a foot tattoo, it's about two and a half years old now. It's kept up very well, so far... although I absolutely dread the day I have to go in for a touch up. It hurt like nobody's business, I can't even explain. It was worth every second, though. I adore it. It says:

If today was not an endless highway
If tonight was not a crooked trail
If tomorrow wasn't such a long time

They're lyrics from a Bob Dylan bootleg.

I have the last line of On The Road (I think of Dean Moriarty) on the back of my neck, and my old cat's name on my wrist. Planning on getting some antlers on the back of my calves soon, and many more!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 112
It hurt like nobody's business, I can't even explain.

This so so so much.
When I told my tattooist I wanted him to tattoo my foot he just said, "You either have balls as big as watermelons or are completely batshit insane. Either will work for me." :lol: When he did it, my leg was shaking so uncontrollably, I almost kicked him in the face ... :nervous:

This so so so much.
When I told my tattooist I wanted him to tattoo my foot he just said, "You either have balls as big as watermelons or are completely batshit insane. Either will work for me." :lol: When he did it, my leg was shaking so uncontrollably, I almost kicked him in the face ... :nervous:

The worst, right???

About 15 minutes in I got extremely hot all of a sudden and almost threw up, it was so weird. My tattooist gave me some water and a bunch of lollipops and I just chewed the sticks aggressively for the rest of the sitting, hah.

I wish I'd never gotten a single tattoo, but unfortunately I'm stuck with 4! I have 2 I don't mind, 1 I HATE and 1 that is so ridiculous I can't help but laugh.

I have a tiny heart outline at the left of my left wrist and a small peace sign on my inner left ankle. These are both ok, but the one I hate is a HORRIFIC bow on my right foot. I had to get it to cover a self tattoo attempt gone wrong...:oops:

The last is from when I was a true psycho! I have "free bitch" on my back, right hip. I love my princess Gaga, but it's so stupid. It makes me laugh sometimes though.

Laser removal is imminent.

I like tattoos. But only the teeny tiny ones. Like these ones

tumblr_m6o46wdvmQ1qihqh3o1_500.jpg

tiny+elephant+tattoo.jpg

ttd_JzRDqojb-qMmXVm44MQMjiN

But am not brave enough to get one and even if I was it would take me a million years before I could even decide on which design or where.

I agree with people who say that when you're a 75 year old at the beach, you're going to look the part anyway so who cares if your aged skin is covered in a tattoo here and there, haha. Tattoos are a reminder of the moment when you were getting one, which I think is a nice concept - living for the little moments and possibly spontaneity.

The one type of tattoos I'm weary of are when people get random words and phrases in languages they know nothing about because even if it's not misspelled different languages use words in different contexts. If the exact word doesn't have any meaning to you (not the translation but the actual word) then it just seems a bit try-hard.

As for getting a tattoo myself: no. I've always been open to the idea of getting one but there's never been a particular tattoo I really wanted. I hate the idea of leaving a permanent mark on my skin since I feel like I'll lose my sense of anonymity. I hate the idea of becoming easily identifiable simply from my tattoo. Also, since the design and details would have been my own choice, unlike moles and scars from accidents, it would also give me a lot of doubts and regrets.

Script+Tattoos+14.jpg

tattoo10.jpg

tumblr_mljxn5YRbp1s9fxbfo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mk6i6uK8BH1qzabkfo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_misrc3Jt1A1qasrcpo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mged52Uezt1qzabkfo1_1280.jpg

They can be really beautiful but I'd still never get one.
:hmm: I think these would be pretty as body paint but... I guess I just don't "get" colourful, book illustration like tattoos?!

295384_10151589845332162_68573203_n.jpg

got this done today. my arms are super gross so its such a motivator to get them thin so i can show it off.

this is gorgeous!!! I always wanted to get one just like it done, just all in black. It looks beautiful and the placement, while unusual, is perfect!

:luv:!!! Thankyou so much! i spent ages perfecting the design and im really happy with the artists work. cant wait for it to heal/have skinnier arms lololo

I have a bunch, this is the only one I feel comfortable sharing on this forum. Apologies for the chunker thighs (old pic).

IMGP2753.jpg

Reactions: 1 user