Taralynn McNitt

no i hate how ur all hating on her. shes no longer a teen, shes more grown up now, of course she will develop more in some areas! and i have no idea what u all are talking about concerning weight gain. true, she did come down to a very low weight (as u can see in the before/after pic) but she herself wrote that she realized she was unhealthily thin and so she gained weight. healthily. she has maintained her current weight for about a year now so shell probably stay that way. i think she has an amazing body image, being able to realize she was too thin and stopping herself in time. if she had gone down lower she wouldve probably binged and gained a ton.

shes healthy. thin-healthy, even. real-life thin. so stop hating on her

a recent picture she just posted

tumblr_m1h1l1iOlX1qhiom2o1_400.jpg

I find her annoying and i hate her blog, but i can't say that i don't find her weight loss impressive!

Ugh she just looks sick sick sick at that low weight ^ I don't understand how she has so many followers. Did anyone see that "healthy on a budget" post she did? The only veggie she had was spinach and the majority of the other things listed were processed shit like canned soup & chemical jello grossss.

Ugh she just looks sick sick sick at that low weight ^ I don't understand how she has so many followers. Did anyone see that "healthy on a budget" post she did? The only veggie she had was spinach and the majority of the other things listed were processed shit like canned soup & chemical jello grossss.

Haha I think she looks like a babe at that weight.

no i hate how ur all hating on her. shes no longer a teen, shes more grown up now, of course she will develop more in some areas! and i have no idea what u all are talking about concerning weight gain. true, she did come down to a very low weight (as u can see in the before/after pic) but she herself wrote that she realized she was unhealthily thin and so she gained weight. healthily. she has maintained her current weight for about a year now so shell probably stay that way. i think she has an amazing body image, being able to realize she was too thin and stopping herself in time. if she had gone down lower she wouldve probably binged and gained a ton.

I agree AmorFlaco. I think her journey is such an inspiration, and she seems so much happier in her life now her old 'skeleton' has come out of the closet. Even though it might seem like an ironic image for being overweight, I think it describes the isolation and darkness of binge-eating disorder perfectly. I feel like I have been lugging my skeleton around for 2 years now, and I am ready to break free of it. I think she looks fabulous in recent pics too, and don't see how she has gained in her arms or face, as someone suggested. Maybe a little bit of fluctuation.

On the other hand, I agree that some of her recipes and suggestions aren't the best. I think everyone has to find what suits them, depending on where they live, what they can afford, what's available. But I do think I can rustle up more exciting things than '1 cup pasta, 1 cup spinach' ;)

tumblr_lpiowvSUsz1qgeygd.jpg

i was browsing through her new site and came across this pic, she looks very slim and toned :)

Last edited by a moderator:
tumblr_ljh2mzQdCd1qgeygd.jpg

apparently this is tara at 103 lbs

This pic reminds me of those starving african kids you see in famine images. Skeletal but with a belly. Weird.
Other than that, she's a great inspiration for people who are loosing a lot of weight.

I agree! She has made an amazing change to her life and body and it's definitely something to be commended. I do agree with some comenters, however, that point out her diet is incredibly processed. This seems to work for her but my biggest successes in weight loss have definitely been through removing that kind of junk from my diet. I'm actually curious how she managed to lose so much weight eating this way.

Her weight loss is inspiring and all. Though the way she eats disgusts me because it is all sugar free, fat free, etc. Those foods aren't even healthy so she's no role model to me.

I've read she did SGD to lose the weight & is kind of a fraud. I'm sure this was previously discussed. As for her food, she may give credence to the blood type diet. I was never skinny on her food & I exercised a ton. Oatmeal & all that high fiber crap makes me fat.....also a totally different body shape, I've never been shaped like an apple & can't imagine weighing 200 lbs, my high weight is 120.

She actually has her own site now, taralynnmcnitt.com.

She lost her weight on a super low calorie diet, a starvation diet really, so it's very hypocritical that she now pushes a higher calorie diet on her sites. She isn't being real. Someone already called her out about it on one of her posts on her new site. (Page 2, the post with the oatmeal and Nicolas Sparks book). She could reach a bigger audience if she was more real in her posts.

Also I think she reads this site because now she is changing up her posts to include slightly more nutritious foods!

@Vaporize there are several tumblrs dedicated to talking about unhealthy she is and gets a lot of crap for it, even if she did read SG I doubt it would change her lifestyle :lol:

and how do you know she lost her weight on a super low cal diet? proof?

@Vaporize there are several tumblrs dedicated to talking about unhealthy she is and gets a lot of crap for it, even if she did read SG I doubt it would change her lifestyle :lol:

and how do you know she lost her weight on a super low cal diet? proof?

leigh, early last year she had lots of information on her tumblr site about how she got so thin (before she put a few pounds back on). I can't remember the exact calorie amount she ate but it was under 1000 per day for quite a while. Sorry, no proof, as it's been deleted now...

I agree, I think she has gained a lot of weight again as she hasn't posted any recent pics. All the pictures are of mouth watering foods, and some of them are not really that healthy. I'll plan my own diet, thank you.

I agree, I think she has gained a lot of weight again as she hasn't posted any recent pics. All the pictures are of mouth watering foods, and some of them are not really that healthy. I'll plan my own diet, thank you.

I've noticed this too. If she posts pictures of herself on her blog, she uses old photos of herself when she was at her thinnest.

yeah the food looks TOO good. then again, she is, what 21 or something? fast metabolism and all. but I doubt she can maintain all that weightloss on her current diet. at least its looking healthier these days. I scrolled through her webpage a bit and so far no cool whip free or sugar free jello ;)