Tara Stiles

I love Tara. I have been practicing yoga for a few months, my first instructor had the wrong approach..then I discovered Tara. She is the real deal, not pretentious about it, you can tell she genuinely understands what she does. I love that she is very in touch with natural things, she is all I aspire to be. Not to mention how elegant and beautiful she is. I have adopted a diet very much like hers and I enjoy it a lot. I also agree with her approach to exercise...she says that many go wrong by doing intense workouts and thinking that entitles them to eat dense or unhealthy food (something I've done in the past:facepalm:) if you do yoga though, you only feel like eating a bit of salad or vegetable soup or at most a few nuts- and thats the best way to being skinny.

You took the words out of my mouth! I've never been in a yoga class (why should I pay for that?) and learn through her videos the poses and how to moove so I can turn down the cumputer and do poses quietly for a longer time.

She is pretty, tiny and toned, and has a wonderfull philosophy of life. What else?
tumblr_mcmif8nCzZ1r41glqo1_r1_500.gif

tumblr_mfq56gvUQV1r41glqo4_250.gif

tumblr_mbhx9lLTee1rrwcgeo1_500.jpg

@Helen

I'm glad you've been able to share in this experience, I think it's such a great, refreshing approach. I admire her approach very much, I hope one day, by following that example, I'll be able to achieve something close to what she has with her body. i'm obsessed with Strala yoga at the moment:)

Tara_Strala_Tshirt_1-470x600.jpg

tara-stiles-yoga-moves.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@EmilyEden: she has defenitely a great body, very strong and flexible. Even if she isn't skinny by SG standards, I aiming at that type of body (well, a lot of work are needed, I'm flexible as a wooden plank). I'm feeling guilty when I seen girls running like rabbits such as @Nanoushkaïa, but her yoga gives me so good results in terms of toning and stress. How long have you done yoga for?

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry for creating an excess thread for her- did not see this one; whoops

Love her body and her attitude.However, as a yoga teacher, some of her alignment especially into the inversions scares me a little and I don't know how responsible it is to have youtube videos leading people into inversions like handstand. Just my 2c, but people will obviously always try them at home anyways so perhaps any guidance is better.

I'm curious about her new book, Make Your Own Rules Diet. Apparently it will be released November 11. Not sure if it's worth buying... has anyone read her other book Slim, Calm, Sexy? Is it any good?

Could someone clarify: I thought she had talked about having had an eating disorder after her sexual assault, but that it was long in the past. Last I heard, she was married and recovered. Am I wrong?

I posted the link to that article further up, she has been married since 2008 and does say she no longer has issues with food.
However, as many ladies on this forum can attest (myself included) eating disorders are a tricky business and you can often think you're not having issues when you are. That being said, I could have worded my post more clearly: I was simply expressing my concerns, not suggesting that she was relapsing or anything.

I posted the link to that article further up, she has been married since 2008 and does say she no longer has issues with food.
However, as many ladies on this forum can attest (myself included) eating disorders are a tricky business and you can often think you're not having issues when you are. That being said, I could have worded my post more clearly: I was simply expressing my concerns, not suggesting that she was relapsing or anything.
Ahh, gotcha. Thanks for clarifying!

@Nata I'm also thinking of getting Tara's new book for Christmas and wondering whether it's worth it... Has anyone read it here?