Tall girls- big shoe size?

StarvedFatass

Rookie
Jan 19, 2012
Latvia
So does anyone else have this problem, not being able to find shoes in your size? I am almost 6 feet tall (182 cm) and my shoe size is 42 european, wich I guess is 12 us and 10 uk. Whenever I see pretty shoes, they never fit me. Also in internet it's problem to find stylish ones, all that run up that big is more suitable for a sporty granny.
I also would like to invest some day in a brand names shoes, but i think, the only ones that make shoes at this big size is Louboutin, because years ago Audrey Hepburn was his client and also had the same big shoe size issue. :confused:
Besides many models are also tall, how do they cope with such a problem, or you cant model if you have such a shoe size?:nopity:

I'm 173 cm and wear size 40 shoes. I'm really hoping my feet will stop growing because finding shoes my size is already a problem =( It isnt so hard when you're looking for sporty shoes, but it is with fancy ones -.-. Good thing there are a lot of tall girls here so somebody must know where to find nice big shoes ^.^

Models with bigger feet are usually expected to squeeze into the sample :p generally, the size for runway is EU39-40 and you're expected to make do. Really, it's easier to squeeze your foot into a smaller size and have your feet hurt for a bit than flip-flop along in shoes too big because you have oddly small EU35 feet.

I know ladies with larger feet who have had luck on the Internet - I'll poke around and see if I can get them to reveal their secrets ;)

I'm a US 9-9.5 (EU 39-40?) and it bothers me sometimes. I've always wanted cute little delicate feet. I have noticed I am a full shoe size down from my HW... is this possible? Can you lose fat on your feet?

I'm a US 9-9.5 (EU 39-40?) and it bothers me sometimes. I've always wanted cute little delicate feet. I have noticed I am a full shoe size down from my HW... is this possible? Can you lose fat on your feet?

It has been known to happen - fat can deposit itself on your feet so you can certainly lose it from there.

wow, that's something new to me. because i am always thinking although i can loose weight i get the measurements needed for modelling, i can not change my shoe size. :D if that would happen it would be a miracle, but I strongly doubt. if i was obligated to squeeze into the size 39 I would probably destroy the shoes, trying to do that.
The few sites where i have been able to find my shoe size are: topshop.com; irregularchoice.com(but there I had to order shoe size 43,because they run small); some jeffrey cambell models thatrun bigand few other brands at solestruck.com, but lately there havent been any big shoe sizes available.. :(

i have european 43... I really could cry when I think of pretty shoes... One of the things bout my body I will never be able to change... I can't tell how much I hate it...

I'm 5'8 ( not suppper tall, but taller) and have size 7... So pretty normal...but my sister is 5'11 and she wears a US size 10.

I've gone from a 9.5 to an 8.5 (EU 40 to 38 I think), just by dropping 25 or so pounds. So weird (and kind of gross, when you think of it), but definitely possible!

I'm 185cm tall and wear a 41 European (which usually fits perfectly...usually), a perfect 10.5 in the US...which is usually IMPOSSIBLE to find b/c most shops only carry 1/2 sizes up to size 10 (IF they even have up to a size 10) and then jump to 11 (presumably b/c once you wear above a 10 1/2 sizes must not count..you are just 'BIG'..wtf. It's horrible b/c I have MANY shoes that I have convinced myself I could wear in a 10 or 11, but the 10s kill my big toe and 11s are really loose...so I need to wear 10s for open toe shoes and 11 for boots...and they are all usually too wide:nervous:

With shoe size changes though, it's not guaranteed - if you have a structurally long foot, you're less likely to drop a shoe size than if your shoe size is what it is due to the intrinsic "fleshiness" of your feet. Really depends on the person but there's always a chance :)

You girls are actually lucky... Bigger feet can stand more hours in heels AND higher heels!!! Hmm... So this is why models can walk in those super high heels...

I am 5'11 or 180 cm .. I wear 40-41 European size or 9.5-10 US size in the beginning I was bothered but I don't worry anymore, as long as I can find anytime nice shoes even from sales :grin:

When I was smaller my shoe size was 7.5 now that I have packed on weight ( uggh) I find I cant fit into size or sometimes 8.5

My problem is the opposite. I am 5'8" tall, but have a shoe size of EU36 (UK3 1/2; US6). I've been to several stores in my area and the staff there always told me, that they usually order one pair per shoe in 36 tops, because statistics show that almost no one wears that size anymore. So I almost never find shoes, because that one pair is usually always sold already.

I am 5'11 or 180 cm .. I wear 40-41 European size or 9.5-10 US size in the beginning I was bothered but I don't worry anymore, as long as I can find anytime nice shoes even from sales :grin:

The same for me exept i'm 5'10''. Just like you I used to be pissed off at having feet so big but then I realised that I can always find pretty shoes if I want to (sales, ordering online..).
And at least they are quite narrow (thin)

Well, I am short and my feet are short (~UK 3). But, they are also kinda square. Plusses: I can buy kids' shoes (tax-free). Minusses: I have to wear kids' shoes.

I'm 5'9 and shoe size 38 (us 7 I think), but even though I think small feet are cute, it doesn't look proportionate so I hope by losing weight I don't loos foot fat, but I think I will drop to 37 that I were few years ago.