Supersize VS superskinny

This show has been my sad addiction these past couple of months. I loved when they had the food tube, the comparison of how massive the super sized's diet was compared to the super skinny's always shocked me, no matter how many times they showed it! Now they have these stupid trips to America which really have no purpose. All they do is send the super sized off to the U.S to go meet an obese person, who then takes the super sized out to go eat some greasy fast food, how the heck is that helping anything? Bring back the food tube SS VS SS!

Yes! Sometimes I would just watch for the food tube comparisons and then stop the episode, as watching the skinnies having to eat so much made me ill. We should start a petition to bring back the food tube!

Yes! Sometimes I would just watch for the food tube comparisons and then stop the episode, as watching the skinnies having to eat so much made me ill. We should start a petition to bring back the food tube!
Eck, I almost threw up after watching a super skinny eat a big plate of curry loaded with heavy cream, and oil. It's sickening, especially when they have to force themselves to eat everything on the plate. I always die a little inside when the super skinny comes back at the end of the show 6+ pounds heavier, it hurts my heart. Ha, we should start a petition, the food tube was the best part of the show :lol:!

I've actually been making gifs of SS vs SS.... I'm gonna go through and try to do the whole series :D

(sorry they're not better quality, all of these are coming from videos off youtube)
Season 1 Episode 1 - Tatiana and Sandra

tumblr_ng1tu9pml31tzt7o9o1_500.gif

tumblr_ng1tu9pml31tzt7o9o2_500.gif

tumblr_ng1tu9pml31tzt7o9o3_500.gif

tumblr_ng1tu9pml31tzt7o9o4_500.gif

tumblr_ng1tu9pml31tzt7o9o5_500.gif

tumblr_ng1tu9pml31tzt7o9o6_500.gif

tumblr_ng1tu9pml31tzt7o9o7_500.gif

Please let me know if all my posts in here get annoying, not trying to spam or anything.

One thing that angers me about this series is when one of the participants doesn't commit to the diet swap. There was this one episode (season 4 episode 3, I believe), where the superskinny didn't even try to eat as much as she could. I know it's horrible that the superskinny has to eat all that fatty, greasy food (and gain weight :cry:), but it's a diet swap, she knew what would happen when she signed up to participate in this show, it was her choice to fix her disordered eating, and eventually gain weight. I think it's rather unfair that the supersizer had to sit there starving, while the superskinny just got away picking at her food, barely eating any of it, not trying to change her bad habits. I really can't make fun of the supersizers, because they're trying to change their weight, and eating habits, instead of sugarcoating their size with that oh so typical "Beauty and health at every size, real woman have curves!" slogan. I respect them for realizing that their weight is going to be the death of them, and for wanting to lose weight, and become healthy. However most superskinnies, and supersizers do very well with their diet swap, committing to it, and eating what they're given, no matter how hard it might be. It's just those few participants that don't commit to it that piss me of the most. What's the point in signing up for the show if your main goal isn't to lose/gain weight :confused:

One thing that angers me about this series is when one of the participants doesn't commit to the diet swap.

What's the point in signing up for the show if your main goal isn't to lose/gain weight :confused:

I get ya- when I see an obese person, I know they didn't get that way with fruit and vegetables so the skinnies should realize they're going to be eating food they may not like... As much as I'm addicted to the show, my biggest pet peeve is when they overestimate the calories that the skinnies eat.

I get ya- when I see an obese person, I know they didn't get that way with fruit and vegetables so the skinnies should realize they're going to be eating food they may not like... As much as I'm addicted to the show, my biggest pet peeve is when they overestimate the calories that the skinnies eat.
Yes! I think that part of the show is about encouraging the supersizer/superskinny to try new food that they may, or may not like. It bothers me as well when they say that the superskinny is eating an average of 1,200 calories a day, when in reality it's probably under 800 calories a day. I think they do that so that nobody tries to mimic the superskinny's diet, which I can understand, but still, It's annoying.

Yes! I think that part of the show is about encouraging the supersizer/superskinny to try new food that they may, or may not like. It bothers me as well when they say that the superskinny is eating an average of 1,200 calories a day, when in reality it's probably under 800 calories a day. I think they do that so that nobody tries to mimic the superskinny's diet, which I can understand, but still, It's annoying.

Yeah, that part I understand- there's probably a lot of crash dieters watching the show and they probably want to leave good impressions, but still, I can't imagine giving out inaccurate calorie information is doing any good for anyone. There was one show I was watching where they said the skinny was eating 1800 calories a day and this was undereating because of her hectic lifestyle and I just imagine people out there going Oh no! Better not ever go below 2000 calories a day or I'll waste away~

Yeah, that part I understand- there's probably a lot of crash dieters watching the show and they probably want to leave good impressions, but still, I can't imagine giving out inaccurate calorie information is doing any good for anyone. There was one show I was watching where they said the skinny was eating 1800 calories a day and this was undereating because of her hectic lifestyle and I just imagine people out there going Oh no! Better not ever go below 2000 calories a day or I'll waste away~
Oh, I never thought about it like that. You make a good point, they should be more specific about the superskinny's calorie intake. If the superskinny was only consuming 1,800 calories a day, then they should mention that the superskinny lives a very active lifestyle, and usually burns around 500-1,000 calories a day, otherwise that could screw a lot of people up.

I think they do that so that nobody tries to mimic the superskinny's diet, which I can understand, but still, It's annoying.

You are right!

Supersize vs Superskinny said to be a 'trigger' for eating disorder sufferers
She said: 'Reality shows that focus on weight loss tend to heavily promote the idea that the body is malleable, and that any size, weight, or shape can be obtained.

'These programmes often reinforce the unrealistic, thin beauty ideal by using body weight and weight loss as an indicator of participants' success (e.g. through weekly weigh-ins) and they often show an oversimplified relationship between weight status and health.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...y-said-trigger-eating-disorder-sufferers.html

Reactions: 1 user
It annoys me that the fat people are HORRIFICALLY fat, but most of the skinny people really aren't THAT skinny, certainly not enough to need "help".