Supersize vs. Superskinny

The one episode that stick out the most for was a duo show. A "SuperFat" mother and daughter and two "SuperSkinny" single parents. The super skinny mother had eat a series of very greasy take aways. At one point during a meal, she drops her fork and rushes to the bathroom to vomit.

Honestly, I don't think the heavy mother would have realized just how unhealthy and bad she was eating until the skinny mom got so sick. Up till then it was just "But take out is so yummy!" It's not.

The show is reverse thinspo for sure, but I love it. I think of the food tube. I think- do I want a tube full of cakes and junk food? Or fruits, veggies and oatmeal?

I'm starting to watch full episodes of this show.....it's kind of addicting :p

I'm straight-up addicted to this show. I watch it on YouTube most mornings around breakfast to remind me not to binge... so I don't end up on the "supersize" side of the spectrum.

I like watching the show, but I think some of the calorie recommendations they make must be off. I'm watching an episode where the superskinny is 5'3" and 88 pounds, and they counted her diet at 1500 calories a day. They said that was the recommended amount for a four year old...

First of all that seems an incredibly high number to get down to 88 pounds. And also, I'm 5'2" and my BMR is about 1350, 1600 with normal daily activity. How can this be what a four year old eats???

i love this show! :) i've been an avid fan for a few years, its a massive motivation to just eat healthy!

I like watching the show, but I think some of the calorie recommendations they make must be off. I'm watching an episode where the superskinny is 5'3" and 88 pounds, and they counted her diet at 1500 calories a day.

I believe it. I'm 23 years old, 4'11", and last year I maintained 85 lbs at an average of 1200 calories a day with barely any exercise and I live a very sedentary lifestyle. Losing weight at that amount would be a different story (impossible honestly), but maintaining it is quite easy unless your metabolism is totally busted.

I like watching the show, but I think some of the calorie recommendations they make must be off. I'm watching an episode where the superskinny is 5'3" and 88 pounds, and they counted her diet at 1500 calories a day. They said that was the recommended amount for a four year old...

First of all that seems an incredibly high number to get down to 88 pounds. And also, I'm 5'2" and my BMR is about 1350, 1600 with normal daily activity. How can this be what a four year old eats???

THIS! I'm super addicted to the show, but 1500 calories isn't unhealthy or unreasonable at all for someone who's short with a small frame! Most of the superskinnies seem to be eating around 1200 calories, and even that doesn't seems ridiculous, it's just like being on a diet! Weird.

I wish we have this show in my country but I've watched it though and... It just disturbed me!
The part when they put all the food they eat in a whole week in those tubes... that's absolutely gross! All the liquids mixing with the solid food... That's a really shocking reality check for the fat ones. (I've always wonder how my tube would look like hahaha)

i find it interesting to have kind of an insight look at the eating habits of those "overweight" and "skinny" people.. but you never know how much of this show is fake.. and overall it's just very trivial entertainment :cool: