Supersize vs. Superskinny

J

Jasmine

Has anyone every seen clips from this show on youtube or something??? It's like a thinspo and reverse thinspo all at once..........0___0 kind of scares me. I just want to reach in there and change all their diets!!!

I have seen some. There's this one episode where the supersize is a chef and she really cooks healthy food, but she just eats too much of it. The superskinny on the other hand only eat junk food, but I didn't see anything wrong with her figure, she just looked like she's unhealthy because of her skin. Looked like she wasn't taking any vitamins. I didn't like the show because the superskinnies don't really need help.

I have seen some. There's this one episode where the supersize is a chef and she really cooks healthy food, but she just eats too much of it. The superskinny on the other hand only eat junk food, but I didn't see anything wrong with her figure, she just looked like she's unhealthy because of her skin. Looked like she wasn't taking any vitamins. I didn't like the show because the superskinnies don't really need help.

I know right? I eat healthy but in smaller portions. I don't understand how some of the superskinnies can like eat chocolate bars all day and still stay skinny.....I freak if I don't eat the right amount of fruits and veggies in a day :p And they don't mention exercise on the show either..........

This! You can definitely change the superskinny diet because it's unhealthy, but why make them GAIN weight?

I've never seen this show...do the super skinnies eat a LOT of junk food or do they eat like one chocolate bar a day and call it a meal?

I've never seen this show...do the super skinnies eat a LOT of junk food or do they eat like one chocolate bar a day and call it a meal?

Some are health freaks who eat just very little fruit, one was a caffeine addict who lost appetite due to caffeine, one was a chocolate addict who ate 2600kcals from mars bars but got very little nutrition.

Most just eat very little and don't actually like eating (see it as a chore and only functional).

You can find full episodes on youtube, just sort the search after upload date and not popularity.

Last edited by a moderator:
This! You can definitely change the superskinny diet because it's unhealthy, but why make them GAIN weight?

I KNOW RIGHT?! AHHH it kills me to watch that show sometimes but I just watch little clips for fun :p But I'm sitting there, just thinking "if you ate a whole bowl of oatmeal instead of that chocolate bar, you could still stay super skinny, but be healthy and have nice skin and hair, etc. etc. etc.). I think I just do it for the entertainment to drive myself nuts sometimes :p

It's weird, some of them barely eat, some have tons of coffee and cigarettes, some try to be ultra healthy but end up skimping on a lot, and some just eat tons of junk food and I don't understand how their calorie intake ends up being like only 1000 for the day..........it's so weird.

Some are health freaks who eat just very little fruit, one was a caffeine addict who lost appetite due to caffeine, one was a chocolate addict who ate 2600kcals from mars bars but got very little nutrition.

Most just eat very little and don't actually like eating (see it as a chore and only functional).

You can find full episodes on youtube, just sort the search after upload date and not popularity.

It drives me crazy when they think food is a chore.....maybe it's just me, but I almost always think about food, I plan everything, and make sure it's healthy (so in that sense it's a chore), but it's SO enjoyable (and even more enjoyable when you can have weight loss on top of it)!

It drives me crazy when they think food is a chore.....maybe it's just me, but I almost always think about food, I plan everything, and make sure it's healthy (so in that sense it's a chore), but it's SO enjoyable (and even more enjoyable when you can have weight loss on top of it)!

This!!! You took the words right out of my mouth.

I actually watch the show on cable TV (Australia) and although it's really shallow... I don't mind it.

Although SOME of the 'super skinnies' do need to gain a little bit of weight (mainly the super super skinny guys) most do not, I think the whole point is just making their diet healthier (cutting out heaps of caffeine, cigarettes etc).

I think the positive aspect of the show is the 'super size' participants finally losing some weight and introducing healthy eating habits.

I think the positive aspect of the show is the 'super size' participants finally losing some weight and introducing healthy eating habits.

True, the superskinnies don't usually gain much.

What bothered me is that everytime the supersize and superskinny meet, the supersize says something like "You're so tiny!", "There's barely anything left of you!" "OMG, your leg is the size of my arm!", "What have you been eating?!", "I can pick you up!", etc.

Do we hear comments about the supersize weight? "OMG, you're huge?", Didn't think so.

Reactions: 1 user

What bothered me is that everytime the supersize and superskinny meet, the supersize says something like "You're so tiny!", "There's barely anything left of you!" "OMG, your leg is the size of my arm!", "What have you been eating?!", "I can pick you up!", etc.

Do we hear comments about the supersize weight? "OMG, you're huge?", Didn't think so.

Oh I know! When they say stuff like 'your legs are the size of my arm!!!' they seem to always say it while laughing and smiling... I'm like um, that's not a good thing... Unless they're laughing to stop themselves crying.

And ALWAYS always ALWAYS the super skinnies stay silent when first meeting the super sizes, because there's that double standard. If they did say something like 'woah you're twice my size, how MUCH do you EAT?!?!?' it'd be seen as so 'offensive and rude'. Which isn't fair.

You're spot on!

I've been watching all those episodes on youtube, they're making you opsesive :grin:
Some of those "siperskinny's" are't in my opinion skinny at all :meh:

This!!! You took the words right out of my mouth.

I actually watch the show on cable TV (Australia) and although it's really shallow... I don't mind it.

Although SOME of the 'super skinnies' do need to gain a little bit of weight (mainly the super super skinny guys) most do not, I think the whole point is just making their diet healthier (cutting out heaps of caffeine, cigarettes etc).

I'm kind of curious to watch a whole episode.....:p I only see little clips on youtube.

I know what you mean -- most of the superskinnies just need to have a healthier diet (that doesn't necessarily mean eating more! Like some people might assume.....-_- just means eating the right foods). I like skinny guys though tbh.....:p but the ones I've seen on the show are just...no.....I like male model type skinny :p

I do agree though! Society now believes big and curvy and "plus size" is healthy, when in reality most of them "eat whatever they want" (and DO gain weight, unlike people with super metabolisms.....). I don't like that -- people need to eat what's good for them!

tumblr_ly0tlyjDIp1r4bcnho1_400.jpg

The picture says it all :cool:

OMG AND I HATE THAT SO MUCH. What a freakin double standard, that's what I hate about our society nowadays. People are focused so much on the "negative image and standard set by size 0 models" blah blah blah, but no one ever talks about the negative standard set by these so called healthy women (just called that because they're curvy...). Ps. society: CURVY DOESN'T HAVE TO MEAN HUGE AHHHH it drives me nuts!!!

I love this show and always think how embarrassing the part where they put all the food in tubes would be for the larger person :wtf:
I often think of that part when I am debating whether or not to eat something... I imagine seeing the food I've eaten falling down into that tube in front of other people haha! :run: Needless to say it is a wonderful way to stop eating things that I don't really need to be! ;)

I hate that show. They all look disgusting to me. They all have bad skin, bad hair. Its just bad. I used to watch a few ages ago, thought it might sicken me and motivate me to eat healthy but its just wrong. Its just disgusting tv.
The fat people struggle to actually eat less, I find that shocking. I mean I eat a lot at times but never to the extent that they do. And the fact that they go from eating 2000 calories to 50 calories for breakfast is so wrong. You can't do a drastic change like that. The show is trying to teach a lesson and say "Look at what you diet is doing to you health" But by going on that extreme calorie increase/decrease also damages your health.

No wonder they all look bad.