Stella Tennant

Super Star
May 11, 2012
One of my absolute least favorite models ever :superpuke: I hate her face so much, I think she's very unattractive, her features don't usually photograph well, and I thought she looked terrible in all her Chanel ads.

57700-800w.jpeg

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user
I really dislike her face too (confused her for Elvis Presley once) but that 1997 pic of her in that Chanel bikini (if you can even call it that) just surprised me.

Her body looked awesome here

Stella_Tennant-eyepatch_bikini_by_Karl_Lagerfeld-Sports_Illustrated_Swimsuit-1997.jpg

I really dislike her face too (confused her for Elvis Presley once) but that 1997 pic of her in that Chanel bikini (if you can even call it that) just surprised me.

Her body looked awesome here

Stella_Tennant-eyepatch_bikini_by_Karl_Lagerfeld-Sports_Illustrated_Swimsuit-1997.jpg

Isn't that the pic they show when they're trying to showcase the "anorexic models"? Or one of those "This isn't a real woman. THIS is *shows picture of Marilyn*"?

Isn't that the pic they show when they're trying to showcase the "anorexic models"? Or one of those "This isn't a real woman. THIS is *shows picture of Marilyn*"?

Yup. This came up on my newsfeed earlier this week on a scale from 0-9 with this photo sitting at 0 and 'anorexic' as the caption. I thoroughly enjoyed making everyone confront the elephant in the room (so to speak) with "how can you all sit there and claim that 'fat' is an abusive term when your post is preaching that ANYONE who looks like this woman is mentally disordered?". Everyone was very quiet afterwards ;)

Back on topic though, I'm not a fan of Stella's face. This is about as feminine as it gets:
stella-tennant-profile.jpg

I'm not against androgynous models at all - she just doesn't do it for me in either light!

Yup. This came up on my newsfeed earlier this week on a scale from 0-9 with this photo sitting at 0 and 'anorexic' as the caption. I thoroughly enjoyed making everyone confront the elephant in the room (so to speak) with "how can you all sit there and claim that 'fat' is an abusive term when your post is preaching that ANYONE who looks like this woman is mentally disordered?". Everyone was very quiet afterwards ;)

:highfive:

Yes, except that it is usually Photoshopped heavily so all you can see is protruding bones. The original image is not scary skinny, but the shopped one is a bit.

Yeah I really like her body in these pics but her jaw is quite masculine and even a man wouldn't be too attractive with that jaw line!? Sorry!

Vogue published an obituary if anyone wants to read it (link). Prior to the news of her death, I didn't know how extraordinary her career was.

Excerpt from Vogue article:
Tennant displayed a natural creative instinct from a young age, attending the famous British boarding school Marlborough College before going on to complete a degree in sculpture at the Winchester College of Art. Her career as a model began when she caught the eye of fashion writer Plum Sykes, with whom she appeared in the now-iconic Steven Meisel shoot for British Vogue’s December 1993 issue, “Anglo-Saxon Attitude,” which captured a nascent London scene of well-heeled women whose eccentric take on style offered a British counterpart to the U.S. grunge movement. A famous anecdote saw Tennant show up to the shoot with a nose ring, much to the surprise of the Vogue editors—it was her refusal to remove it that endeared her to Meisel, who invited her to model for him the next day in a Paris shoot for Vogue Italia.

From there, Tennant was a regular muse of Meisel’s, shot by him most recently for the December 2018 cover of British Vogue. She also became a favorite of some of the most influential fashion photographers of the 1990s, including Mario Testino, David Sims, and Mark Borthwick, embodying the edgy, waifish insouciance that served as one of the defining features of fashion imagery throughout that decade. On the runways, Tennant made regular appearances for Karl Lagerfeld at Chanel, alongside the likes of Jean-Paul Gaultier and Versace. She also became a mainstay of Alexander McQueen’s runway spectacles, walking for some of his most iconic shows, including spring 1996’s “The Hunger” and spring 1997’s “La Poupée.”

In 1998, after announcing her first pregnancy with her photographer boyfriend David Lasnet, Tennant retired from the industry. (The pair would marry later that year, with Tennant wearing a memorably minimalist Helmut Lang gown for their wedding in Scotland.) Shortly after the birth of her third child in 2002, Tennant made a return to modeling in a campaign for Burberry shot by Mario Testino that was partly credited with revitalizing the fortunes of the brand and returning it to its now global status as a fashion leader. Another career milestone came at the closing ceremony for the 2012 London Olympics, at which Tennant appeared with fellow British models Kate Moss and Naomi Campbell (among others) during a tribute to the country’s fashion industry.

May she rest in peace.

vMt4hpf.jpg
wHPxQt5.jpg
EeaxVvy.jpg
GubtLlp.jpg
Cav9kC1.jpg
05bi2tV.jpg
hxAJYM9.jpg
PEYn45z.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 10 users