Some Changes

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Skinny Gurl, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Skinny Gurl

Skinny Gurl The Boss
    Staff Member

This thread is for discussion of the Some Changes article.

2. elmas

elmas Rising Star

What an eloquent and calm response to all the nastiness that has been directed your way. This is my favorite of your articles to date.

If anyone reads that and doesn't at least take a second thought about this site, then there's absolutely no hope for their mind, it's obviously permanently closed to differing views.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hypatia

Hypatia Guest

You clearly put a great deal of thought into these changes. I am sure this has all been very challenging for you. For what it's worth, I support the changes.

4. Silent Night

Silent Night SkinnyGossip Royal

I also agree with the changes and I admire the way you've explained them, although I wish we could have got through this encounter with the outside world without anyone resorting to 'murder and rape threats'. That's horrible.

Thanks for keeping the show on the road SG!

5. drab

drab Guest

The changes are fair and I hope they benefit the website. Good job skinny gurl!

6. Anabel

Anabel Guest

A very well written article and logical approach to all the mayhem of this week. I love the way you write!!! Thank you again for everything you have done for the SG community-- I am inspired by your professional attitude under attacks like these.

7. AnastasiaB

AnastasiaB Rising Star

I am too new to have an opinion about any changes; I am just happy that this site is still up and I get the chance to continue to meet and learn from all of these wonderful ladies.

EDIT: Thank you Skinny Gurl for creating this site in the first place!

8. Merci Petite

Merci Petite Rising Star

I love it, I love this forum, and it makes me really proud to know that the one responsible is such a strong woman!!! you are a smart classy lady and you keep us safe, thank you for everything @Skinny Gurl

:luv:

#8 Merci Petite, Jul 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
  9. Lola

Lola Guest

I also think we sould restrict membership for a period of time because now with all media coverage, people who don't give a f*ck about being skinny and beautiful will sign up and invade our community:(

10. Merci Petite

Merci Petite Rising Star

I think making it all private and placing and admision thread (I'v seen it in sveral forums) should be nice, we could ask things like -how did you find about it- -why join- .... stufff like that... maybe even asking for some sort of sign (no need to show your face to make a convicing sign....

sorry, maybe I'm just being like super paranoid :run:

11. Skinny2012

Skinny2012 Guest

@Skinny Gurl
    I'm sorry about all the disgusting hate mail you received. We were joking about that stuff a few days ago but i think it can be quite abusive.

*hugs*

#11 Skinny2012, Jul 9, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Amie

Amie Guest

Your response to all the backlash and negative attention was eloquent and quite admirable. The changes are fair and at least it keeps newcomers from getting the wrong impression.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Amidst all the distortion, vitriol, and name-calling, you've responded calmly, eloquently, and infinitely more maturely than the vast majority of the "think of the children oheeeemgeeeee!" crowd.

And we don't need to get into how they keep talking about/to those of us that are thin and those of us that aren't and want to be thinner as though we are children; but it just highlights how wonderful it is to have somewhere where we're not immediately assumed to be sick.

So thank you again for your continuing commitment to us and this community @Skinny Gurl. :luv:

#13 It'sASmallWorld, Jul 9, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  14. justagirl

justagirl Guest

:highfive: Bravo. As SG increases in it's popularity, the message needs to become more defined. Great post SkinnyGurl and I feel these are great changes to improve the message of the brand SkinnyGossip.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Charlotte

Charlotte Rookie

I would just like to say I am so proud to be part of such a level headed, intellegent and beautiful community of people. Hopefully these new changes will prevent all those critics claiming skinny gossip as a proana site.

16. Skinny_Mini_Me

Skinny_Mini_Me SuperStar

Such a well-though out and eloquent response SG.

Though it is too bad we need to change our site because of haters, it might actually be helpful in the future for new members to really understand what the site is about and what they sign on for.
    Might also keep haters at bay, though that is a long shot. Hopefully this is starting to blow over. Bashing on Skinny Gossip seems to have been the flavour of the day, but maybe the angry mob will move onto something new to complain about.
    Skinnies at the gym perhaps? :run:

In short; thank you very much for being awesome SG :kiss:

17. Katie

Katie Guest

Same here :). Your article is great and I hope it will at least stop the 'professional' journalists of all those anti-SkinnyGossip articles from writing any more lies about this great community! :highfive:

18. Anastasia

Anastasia Guest

@SG:
    I just read the article and wanted to say that it is absolutely awesome. Thank you so much for this eloquent statement. I absolutely agree with thhose things, you have written.
    YOu can be very proud of yourself, because you have shown a really strong personality and I think you definitely found the right words.

Thank you so much for taking care of this wonderful and supporting community!

19. ElleBelle

ElleBelle Guest

I agree with all the other posters so I won't repeat everything that's already been said. That article is terrifically written :kiss:

20. SatelliteEyes

SatelliteEyes Grand Dame

Same thoughts here :) you and AB dealt with this situation smoothly and maturely, you both ought to be proud of yourselves. Specials props to you SG for handling such offensive remarks with grace. I hope you see how much we all love and appreciate you.