So Ra Choi

Milan Fall 2017
dMQ6cwN.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

:lol: This post is basically her going crazy because she wants to eat the croissants in Paris and saying that it's torture to control herself

• Funny
Reactions: 3 users
Semi relatedly, my friend knows her pretty well and she does restrict pretty hardcore but she's very honest about it (i.e. not secretive etc.) and is open about the fact that she's doing it for her job and that she also just likes to be skinny and sees herself as such. As a model she's not my favorite and I prefer her with different hair but she seems to have a really chill and honest personality and works very hard at her job, which I respect

• Love
  • Useful
Reactions: 11 users
Semi relatedly, my friend knows her pretty well and she does restrict pretty hardcore but she's very honest about it (i.e. not secretive etc.) and is open about the fact that she's doing it for her job and that she also just likes to be skinny and sees herself as such. As a model she's not my favorite and I prefer her with different hair but she seems to have a really chill and honest personality and works very hard at her job, which I respect

+1 in my book. Gotta love an honest attitude. (Can you tell I'm peeved by hypocricy? Be whatever and whomever you want, so long as you own it.)

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
I agree with you regarding her personality-i've interacted with her several times and she seems responsible/confident in herself despite restricting pretty heavily (she also seems to have noticeable muscles which means she can't be restricting only). She's a very hard worker, which I think accounts for why she has been so much more successful than some equally-or-more beautiful Korean models that have come and gone.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
https://www.koreaboo.com/buzz/top-model-choi-ra-starves-weeks-time-lose-weight/

Unsure if this has been shared before but it's super candid and intense

“A lot of people have asked me, ‘How do you diet?’ If I were to tell you the truth, my height and weight are 179cm and 47 kg. (I try and lose weight in a really extreme way. I’m not sure how other models diet.) During Fashion Week, I truly don’t even eat one meal. When Fashion Week is open, it goes on for over 4 weeks. So for 4 weeks, I only drink water. If I’m really struggling then I’ll eat half a banana.”

“I know that if I lose weight like this, it’s detrimental to my health. An extreme diet is definitely bad for your health. During Fashion Week, my immunity becomes weak, and I get red dots all over my body. My skin also becomes really dry. I also get stress-induced intestinal inflammation, and I have a lot of cuts inside my mouth. I don’t have any energy either. I faint all the time.”

“Never starve yourself to lose weight. Reduce your portion sizes, reduce your snacks, and move around a lot. Also, don’t make resolutions for the short term, and instead, make them long term. Dieting for a few days won’t help you lose weight. Starving yourself for a few days won’t help you lose weight. Your weight has decreased? That doesn’t mean you’ve lost fat, it just means you lost water weight. Everyone, I’m someone who is a model for my job. I’m not a normal person. That’s why dieting is necessary for me. You don’t have to lose weight like me. No, just don’t lose weight like me.”

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users

“A lot of people have asked me, ‘How do you diet?’ If I were to tell you the truth, my height and weight are 179cm and 47 kg. (I try and lose weight in a really extreme way. I’m not sure how other models diet.) During Fashion Week, I truly don’t even eat one meal. When Fashion Week is open, it goes on for over 4 weeks. So for 4 weeks, I only drink water. If I’m really struggling then I’ll eat half a banana.”

“I know that if I lose weight like this, it’s detrimental to my health. An extreme diet is definitely bad for your health. During Fashion Week, my immunity becomes weak, and I get red dots all over my body. My skin also becomes really dry. I also get stress-induced intestinal inflammation, and I have a lot of cuts inside my mouth. I don’t have any energy either. I faint all the time.”

“Never starve yourself to lose weight. Reduce your portion sizes, reduce your snacks, and move around a lot. Also, don’t make resolutions for the short term, and instead, make them long term. Dieting for a few days won’t help you lose weight. Starving yourself for a few days won’t help you lose weight. Your weight has decreased? That doesn’t mean you’ve lost fat, it just means you lost water weight. Everyone, I’m someone who is a model for my job. I’m not a normal person. That’s why dieting is necessary for me. You don’t have to lose weight like me. No, just don’t lose weight like me.”

This is why I love her. She knows exactly what she’s doing and is really mindful about it. She’s honest and realizes that what she’s doing isn’t healthy nor something for the long run, but is honest about it and advises people to go about weight loss in a healthy way.

It’s a shame she’s getting so much backlash on her recent photos from all the westerners. I think she looks great and it makes me happy to see someone with a similar body type as me since I have naturally muscular/toned arms.

• Agree
She doesn’t eat for four weeks? Is that even possible? I get fasting, for days, maybe a week or two, (even though I’m not really into it), but I could never go four weeks without eating anything at all, especially since she is being busy all the time at FW. Her willpower truly is impressive

• Agree
Four weeks definitely seems like a lot to literally eat nothing. I would also think that she would be a lot thinner if that were the case. Maybe she does some extreme extreme yo-yoing? But I really don't know.

Four weeks definitely seems like a lot to literally eat nothing. I would also think that she would be a lot thinner if that were the case. Maybe she does some extreme extreme yo-yoing? But I really don't know.
I mean at some point your body doesn't want to lose weight. She's bmi 14.7 according to the article, she could be less when it's fashion week and restricting the way she does. I agree it seems unnecessary to subsist on <50 calories a day for a month to achieve any kind of extreme weight loss, but then again her maintenance diet also seemed pretty restrictive (~500-600 calories) so who knows.

• Agree
I noticed this week she did at least 3 Instagram live videos of her eating. I’m curious if she did it because of all the weight-related flack she was getting? I don’t speak korean so I wouldn’t know if this was addressed in the live videos

I honestly appreciate her build so much since it’s similar to mine minus the wider hips (broad shoulders with smaller waist)

595831_AE_4_B03_4047_B778_950980_F2_C1_E7.png
C537_EF9_D_C18_F_45_E1_9_AEE_04001_BDE2_C79.png

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

I am not comfortable admiring a model who spits in the face of health and achieves her body through disordered, almost macabre means. That she is aware of what she is doing makes no difference. Ours should not be a site that promotes (or tangentially endorses, or fetishizes, or smiles at, or is indifferent to) starving oneself for four weeks at a time eating only half a banana 'if she's really struggling.' No, no, no.

• Dumb
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users