Snejana Onopka

I am the minority here, but at least she is genuinely bitchy. real and authentic in both, real life and social media.

Why aren't we allowed to be unfiltered, uncomfortable and awkward anymore ?
We have become so political correct, that we demand that a 30 yo adult woman, who has peaked in her career 10 years ago, no relevance in this industry any longer and a financial good background, needs a social media manager ? For whom ? And why ? So what, she makes a fool of herself on Instagram.
If I want to hear the same shallow platitudes or looking at the same boring pictures I still can browse various 'love yourself' model accounts.

WTF is this with the Eastern Europe / Russia ressentiments ? EW

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
I am going to be superficially ignorant to what Snejana has revealed herself to be... and simply appreciate her 'old' pictures. Recent ones are a little cringe.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
IMG_2724.PNG
Apparently she's getting divorced.....back to her fighting weight or do you think she'll gain?

• Funny
Reactions: 1 user
I am the minority here, but at least she is genuinely bitchy. real and authentic in both, real life and social media.

We have become so political correct, that we demand that a 30 yo adult woman, who has peaked in her career 10 years ago, no relevance in this industry any longer and a financial good background, needs a social media manager ? For whom ? And why ? So what, she makes a fool of herself on Instagram.
If I want to hear the same shallow platitudes or looking at the same boring pictures I still can browse various 'love yourself' model accounts.
This is actually a really good point. I've spent more time browsing though Metza's weird instagram because her posts are so much more interesting than photos of green smoothies, transparent brand product placement, bland pretty photos of bland-pretty girl wearing nothing unusual and saying nothing much at all. If Snej is a dork on social media, fuck it. (Not a huge fan of her being homo/transphobic, but that's another story).
Not saying you guys have to stop – and obviously a lot of people agree with you – but this attitude is at least a part of why Trump is president (and not just because 'closed minded racism')

http://www.fordhamobserver.com/liberals-cant-neglect-rural-americans-and-win/
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/b...in-white-working-class-voters/article/2607228
http://www.vox.com/2016/4/21/11451378/smug-american-liberalism
Speaking of homo/transphobia, I think there really needs to be an "ism" for the hate/disdain that educated liberals harbor for the rural working class.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users
Speaking of homo/transphobia, I think there really needs to be an "ism" for the hate/disdain that educated liberals harbor for the rural working class.

I feel like this falls under classism. It's just that in recent years (in America, at least), it's more and more taken on the form of urban vs. rural ways of life due to the expansion of cities into huge "metropolitan areas" and the widening of the gap between this existence and that of rural America.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 users

While I don't disagree with you, I think there's a fundamental misunderstanding in your post.
It's still as okay or not okay to be awkward as ever. Difference being, when our mums and grandmothers were awkward, 'unfiltered' (pretty sure that wasn't even a word) or bitchy back in the days, nobody cared, and they didn't have the intention nor the means to make people care. It was actually never acceptable to behave the way Snejana does, but if you did, not a lot of people were giving shits.
Point being, it's not like "we" as a whole have become so politically correct we can't be awkward anymoreI personally don't use instagram or twitter and am very careful about my (rare) posts on facebook. It might not be the wisest strategy for models, but it is one way to live. And guess what, I can be as awkward, tasteless, disgusting as I like and I don't even need a social media manager! It's just that once you decide you want to have > 1 million followers on Instagram and make a living off of it, I'd probably recommend getting one.

• Agree
  • Useful
Reactions: 2 users
@sore

I make the difference between the model itself (snej) social media presence and the expectations of consumers/followers.

You really think Snej with her history and status quo needs one? It's not that most of her followers are very young, who she can be a 'rolemodel' for and those who find her Instagram presence cringe worthy and awful are free to unfollow.

I could be wrong - @VIPs may have insider info-but that she has no bookings or campaigns is not because she isn't Ms. Sunshine on social media. Her troubles with agencies and representives date back from times where Instagram wasn't even in the making.

''It was actually never acceptable to behave the way Snejana does, ''

What are you refering to?

@oferta
I wouldn't say the way Snej behaves is awkward. It's more along the lines of EMBARRASSING, especially considering her age and career history- you would think she'd be a little more mentally mature than she is. It's not even endearingly awkward since some of what she says is straight up offensive and inappropriate and makes people lose respect for her.

There's a time and place for everything. You can be true to yourself on social media without letting it ALL out. :rolleyes:

Her troubles with agencies and representives date back from times where Instagram wasn't even in the making.
Is it because she didn't have a filter then and she doesn't have one now? If so, it's a shame she didn't learn her lesson.

• Agree
I always assumed the only reason she hadn't as yet was because no one could be bothered working with her attitude/nature. I guess someone caved.. or she's just finally committed to acting like an adult now she doesn't have he husbands income coming through any more.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
I am so up for her comeback.:nod::popcorn::luvluv:

I would also just love to see her signature Snejattude if she ended up working a show with one of the Hadid/Jenner gang- I have a feeling that she would not give them the time of day! :lol:

• Agree
I always assumed the only reason she hadn't as yet was because no one could be bothered working with her attitude/nature. I guess someone caved.. or she's just finally committed to acting like an adult now she doesn't have he husbands income coming through any more.

doesn't look like that divorce is happening though