Snejana Onopka

Some gems that are too good to not be reposted. :spitlaugh:

In response to being called bitchy "I’m gonna get twins. Tease their hair at age 3, buy them their first chinchilla coat at age 5, teach them the art of treachery at age 10. They’ll be spoiled Russian Stunners. The American dream."

"If you want to spot me, my apartment is on Rue du Platre. I’m usually shaking my *** in the window. Come say hi”

"If my life was a novel, it would be a best seller. No one would put it down."

"Oscar Wilde says beauty is a form of genus. If Oscar is right, that means I’m Albert Einstein."

"I have to respect him. And if he’s poor, for what should I respect him then? Of course, he may very well be a very talented artist, but you know as they say, ‘If you’re so smart, why so poor then?"

"Why should it surprise anyone that I don’t walk for many designers? Today, fashion loves the plain girls. Where would I fit in? Nowhere. That is like putting a fine Russian fur next to a dirty sock."

Interviewer: These days your annual income is about 300,000 euros. What do you spend it on?
Snejana: Well first of all, I earn a lot more than what you said.

"What do you have to offer the world? Big lips and 32 B’s? Congratulations, you won the self validation award for being a beggar and a chooser. You’re fat."

"Being beautiful on the inside is what’s important.Ha ha,not really!"

"I don’t like ugly people. You walk into Gucci with an ugly person and they think you’re there to steal. You walk in with me and one of my friends, and they’ll close down the store for us, free of charge."
I have a dumb question. Are all the quotes you guys have been posting translated? Bc her English is normally really poor as evident by her social media accounts.

• Agree
  • Funny
Reactions: 1 users
I have a dumb question. Are all the quotes you guys have been posting translated? Bc her English is normally really poor as evident by her social media accounts.
I don't know, I found it on the Internet, but at this point we aren't even sure if she said it actually.
I know people doubt that she said actually that, but I like to pretend she did. Definitely sounds like something she would say!
:popcorn:

Reactions: 2 users

True. But then again, judging by some of the stuff she posts on her Instagram, it’s not that hard to imagine those quotes indeed came from her. Exhibit A:

329D61D7-F0D7-4187-A8E9-5C4EDD7D62A2.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: 2 users
I don't know, I found it on the Internet, but at this point we aren't even sure if she said it actually.

To add my 5 cents from a Russian (well, half) perspective: it's not only her. Influential and beautiful girls in big Russian cities truly say things like this. It's got something to do with deep pride that many Russians possess. Even though I did not grow up in Russia I was still very much assured of my worth and beauty. In Russia, everything is very direct, whereas now, living in the UK I see people being polite and keep their mouth shut even if they are pissed off or offended. Russians can't/won't do it. Ever.

• Agree
  • Useful
Reactions: 7 users
To add my 5 cents from a Russian (well, half) perspective: it's not only her. Influential and beautiful girls in big Russian cities truly say things like this. It's got something to do with deep pride that many Russians possess. Even though I did not grow up in Russia I was still very much assured of my worth and beauty. In Russia, everything is very direct, whereas now, living in the UK I see people being polite and keep their mouth shut even if they are pissed off or offended. Russians can't/won't do it. Ever.
She's Ukrainian, but overall I agree. People there are very straightforward and aren't that much into pretending to be nice.

Also, there are models who have similar thoughts, but the difference is that they don't dare to say those things out loud.

Although our ice queen isn't always that cold. :luv:
6:11

Translation is in the comments.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
I was reading her old interview and decided to single out some interesting parts:

"Everyone thinks I’m very scandalous. But I say what I think. I don’t think it’s necessary to hide something. I’ve done so much in my life!"

"I get invitations to New York, but I don’t go there, because I don’t make money there. Come there in February when it’s cold, I don’t need that. I have a rider – I need business class, 5-star hotel and so on. I’m not interested in some editorials, I need only magazine covers with my name on it."

"Even at the model agency I was called a monster. My father left our family so I had to protect myself. I was dropped out of school, I remember when the whole class voted for me to leave the school. For God’s sake! I’ve never had friends, only my mom and her friends. I always preferred people older than me, somebody wise. What could I talk about with my classmates? About some toys?"

"I come from a small town, Severodonetsk, but I’ve never chased money. Of course I wanted all that wealth – when I was poor I saw a Bentley and decided that one day it will be my car. Ten years passed and I’ve had six Bentleys, red and black ones. Now I have a Rolls Royce. I wanted everyone to know that I’ve done it myself. Nobody helped me. Now I get mad when somebody says: “Onopka doesn’t do anything”. "

"I agreed to shoot for a fashion story providing that my photos would open it. They not only lied to me and didn’t put my photos first, but also made a mistake in my age. Are you kidding me? They’d been persuading me for three months for that shoot and I agreed for that. I do not take Vogue Ukraine – it’s made by people who don’t understand anything in fashion. After that story we had another agreement – they had to put me on three covers, and they had a photographer who did only nude photoshoots before, I was asked to pose nude in the streets of Kiev, and I refused of course. Also I was offered a photoshoot with homeless people. Don’t I understand for what it was for? It was a mockery for me to refuse."

"I don’t know any girl, it’s true. The only thing I know is that anyone doesn’t have a career like mine."

"They say I have an awful personality. Probably it is. I don’t like when I’m having false hair. Because I lose my own hair after."

"And my walk was included into best walks list and called “I don’t give a fuck” walk."

"You know, it was a joke. It’s not my fault that people don’t get jokes."

"If you think that I came to Cannes without a reason, but had a car with a pass and lived in Martinez hotel – why don’t you do the same?"

"I have to respect a person. And I don’t respect half of those people at events. I don’t even respect your swell society in Moscow."

"If I hadn’t done some mistakes and talked less I would be second Kate Moss."

"If I don’t like my makeup – I can’t work. It’s very bad for a model, not right, unprofessional. The same situation has happened with L’Officiel Ukraine – I’ve sent them my references, my photographer – I had my own conditions: we had to shoot as I wanted."

"Everyone says: “Snejana, you’re a brawler”. And I’m not a brawler, I’m defending my point of view. Because I have it."

She's savage and I adore her for it.

• Love
  • Jizztastic
Reactions: 10 users
Snejana, have you always been such a person?
Even at the model agency I was called a monster. My father left our family so I had to protect myself. I was dropped out of school, I remember when the whole class voted for me to leave the school. For God’s sake! I’ve never had friends, only my mom and her friends. I always preferred people older than me, somebody wise. What could I talk about with my classmates? About some toys? I started working when I was 18. I came to New York, without knowing English, I was silent all the time, did some test shoots, it was raining. I was thinking – do I need all this? Why did I come to another continent? What a nightmare! My booker was visiting me, getting me up from bed: “I see you’re not ill, why are you lying?”. Then I was going to return home, but I lost my passport and while I was waiting for a new one, I came to a casting to Steven Meisel’s assistant. I was warned that she was very strict. But we got on well, talked about Chanel bags and Madonna, I even didn’t realize how I managed to speak English. The following day I met Steven – he’s a great man! – I was booked for Dolce&Gabbana, later for Prada and Vogue Italia, I signed a contract with Shiseido…That’s why when I’m being told: “Snejana, will you make an advertising for yogurts?” (there was time when everyone was making millions on it), I answer – for what?

(From her interview to SNC magazine, translated by divanopka on tumblr)
Bv3mfa5OHWCTeR9bVU_KZQ-article.jpg
O2KU.gif
O2KR.gif
preview.gif
giphy.gif
NaturalAdorableBarnswallow-max-1mb.gif
CleanComposedKitty-small.gif
CourageousBelatedGrizzlybear-small.gif
FAHh.gif

• Love
  • Jizztastic
Reactions: 6 users
Supermodel Snezhana Onopka: “My husband raped me, being in an inadequate state”

In the mid-2000s, Snezhana Onopka broke into the model world, crowding out eminent fashion models. The recognized beauty took part in the best shows of Milan, Paris, New York, her face did not leave the glossy covers. That's just the real life of the girl was far from a fairy tale.

For many years, a world-famous supermodel lives in constant fear. Her husband-businessman Nikolai Schur drove her into this state, with whom she is now trying to break up. Nikolai does not give her a divorce, even despite the presence of a lover. “To be honest, I am very surprised that after 10 years of marriage, my already ex-husband will hide the car and not give away half of my personal belongings and jewelry! This is a shock! ” - Snezhana was indignant the other day in a personal blog.

Contacting StarHit, she spoke of even more terrible reasons for breaking up with a once loved one.

“A year ago, my husband got out of prison - he was imprisoned for fraud. Since then, he began complete degradation. Before that, he beat me for nine years. When we got married, I moved to him. From this moment, beatings began. The man beat, after which he knelt down, sobbed, asked for forgiveness. I forgave you. It happened that I only came to my senses three days after beating. Now Kolya is doing everything to take my property from me: real estate, cars - conducts illegal transactions without my permission, ”Onopka opened up.

[IMG]

Mom Snezhany witnessed the scandal of her daughter with her husband

Nikolai Schur did not hesitate to raise a hand on his mother-in-law. “Once he dumped her on the floor, began to kick her. Then he ordered his mother to be taken to the hospital and ordered her not to tell anything, he threatened. I tried to escape, but there was security everywhere at home. I was caught in socks in the winter and brought back. Kolya threatened all the time that I would never have a family if I left. This is all true, ”continued the model.

For three months now Snezhana has been living alone in Kiev. Schur tries to return Onopka, but she remains adamant. “We have no children in common. I have never been pregnant in 10 years. I understood that if I give birth to him, then there will be death. I have never contacted the police ... Now I decided to make everything public, because the person, being in an inadequate state, began to rape me, ”Snezhana admitted.

And how beautiful the story of this couple began. Before marriage, the couple had known each other for many years. “It was unconditional love, he was affectionate, preparing sandwiches for me. Everything was very beautiful. If there was aggression on his part, I would not have married ... ”- Onopka summed up.

• Sad
  • Useful
Reactions: 16 users
''Sometimes, when I am backstage and there maybe is a girl who I do not like, I won’t say anything to her until she is about to walk, then I stare at her without blinking, like a mad women' Snejana Onopka' :whistling:

Dolce and Gabbana FW 2010
tumblr_lx95ipHokN1qm86p7o1_1280.jpg

Kasia Struss and Snejana Onopka in ‘Runway’ by Steven Meisel
tumblr_o8pm551Tql1qf3m22o1_1280.png

Anabela Belikova, Kim, Snejana Onopka and Sasha Pivovarova at Calvin Klein
tumblr_o4kujxbenK1rk46a0o1_500.jpg

Anna Sui FW 2006
tumblr_ndf2r7HgF21r6jdc8o2_250.jpg
tumblr_ndf2r7HgF21r6jdc8o1_250.jpg

Alexander McQueen A/W 2008
tumblr_nl6hznZlaQ1ri0om6o2_500.jpg

tumblr_m96aiquNt51qdlgj5o1_500.jpg

Valentino S/S 2010
tumblr_o1tt73yCRQ1qh95dfo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_m1jauv9EeX1qabb8qo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_m49domXOdC1r2zrueo1_1280.jpg

• Love
  • Jizztastic
Reactions: 10 users
Snejana recently appeared in an interview where she talks about her modeling career, divorce, and family abuse I believe. I've started to watch it and it's quite interesting. Thought I might share it here (apologies if i'm not posting this in the appropriate thread) although it's a bit long, 40 minutes long.
(It has English captioning)

• Useful
  • Sad
Reactions: 6 users
Snejana recently appeared in an interview where she talks about her modeling career, divorce, and family abuse I believe. I've started to watch it and it's quite interesting. Thought I might share it here (apologies if i'm not posting this in the appropriate thread) although it's a bit long, 40 minutes long.

Interviewer: “Dear Snejana, you are a top model and in the 2000’s you were in the top 10 of world models—“

Snej: “I’m still in the top.”

• Love
  • Jizztastic
Reactions: 4 users
Interviewer: “Dear Snejana, you are a top model and in the 2000’s you were in the top 10 of world models—“

Snej: “I’m still in the top.”

Ah Snej, I love you!

On a related note, do we need a general thread on model quotes I wonder? Came across these quotes the other day and wasn’t sure where to post them!

Lara Stone:
Now every time I go to the dentist they always say, 'you really need to fix that gap of yours' I'm like, 'my gap is paying your dentist bills'"

Kate Moss
It was kind of boring for me to have to eat. I would know that I had to, and I would.

Natasha Poly
Interviewer : "Do you have any pets?"
Natasha Poly: "Unicorns are my favorite animals because they can cleanse a poisonous well with their horns. I have a dog and cat”

• Agree
  • Funny
Reactions: 7 users

Wow, that's so incredibly sad. Took ten years, but she's finally out.
She mentioned she's planning to get back to work, that she has lots of offers on her plate and she's just waiting for borders to reopen. I wonder.. after being gone for so long if that's really the case. I guess time will tell.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Wow, that's so incredibly sad. Took ten years, but she's finally out.
She mentioned she's planning to get back to work, that she has lots of offers on her plate and she's just waiting for borders to reopen. I wonder.. after being gone for so long if that's really the case. I guess time will tell.

She said the same thing a lot of times before, you can read it on TFS. I don't believe her, but let's see...

Sadly I don't think she will ever return. She still has a great body, but she lost everything else, she doesn't have that "look" anymore. Besides that, the last campaign she did for that hat company was terrible, her eyes lost all the sparkle, she doesn't know how to model anymore.

I like her and would love to see her back, but I don't believe it will happen. Her presence on IG also don't help her. I know it happened a long time ago, but that's what I remember:

* Transphobic posts against Valentina Sampaio (calling her a monster)
* Fighting with Natasha fans over a fan account (she was mad someone made an fan account for Nata)
* Promoting shade business
* Begging for free stuff (glasses, clothes)

Not sure if any brand would like to relate to this kind of behavior.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users