Snejana Onopka

She doesn't have the sort of face that would give lasting beauty though, I've always thought that, and perhaps this too is why she is out of work. She has those marionette lines and I think in 10, 20 years time she will make a very average rich housewife....
Just out of curiosity, why have you always thought her face wouldn't age well? (You were right.) With her bone structure and arrogant, bitchy expression (works at all ages), I really thought she would look better at this point.

Everytime, I know I'm gonna regret looking at it, but I can't stop. She doesn't seem to have anything going on, all she does is brag about the things she owns. How boring and embarrassing.

It's the female equivalent of a penis contest. (I hope that translates properly*). And we all know how much people laugh at those participants. We get it - your penis is ENORMOUS and bigger than everyone else's.
Or males speeding in their cars and revving their engines. Sigh.

*Where 2+ men try and one up each other in conversation. It reflects their deep insecurities and desperation. They don't actually show their penises.

Reactions: 3 users
Everytime, I know I'm gonna regret looking at it, but I can't stop. She doesn't seem to have anything going on, all she does is brag about the things she owns. How boring and embarrassing.
I love how when @Skinny Gurl gets nice gifts, she doesn't brag about it and it's @Anonymous Bullcock who brings it up rather than her, unlike Snejana:meh:Someone needs to take a leaf out of SG's book;)

Reactions: 1 user
@bingeonvogue @Eternal Summer

^__^ I'm not really telling anyone to like her per se. I'm personally pretty pessimistic when it comes to people (who are often narrow-minded and boxed into their ways) and so it doesn't surprise me that she's vapid and lavishing in her new lifestyle. I find it a bit of a stretch to be disappointed in someone because they make it hard for you to like them, but we each to our own. (I also find it ironic that people could feel that way about Snej because her "ice queen" days were all about being the holier-than-thou persona which is generally not well liked.)

My post was specifically a response to explain why, to me, it felt like "throwing stones" to Leandoll. Being disappointed is reasonable. I just think that ongoing disappointment (especially with the undertone that she isn't going back to being a "skinny bitch") and mockery is throwing stones. That's all really my point was. (I need to caveat this hard and make sure it's clear that I'm not calling Leandoll or any one member out for their behaviour. I'm just making a general observation on the thread.)

Also, on another note completely, my first post was about the nature of this thread. Instead of this thread being about Snej the model, it became about Snej the Real Housewife of Ukraine. That made me sad. So be it, if I have to look into a person's past to find something I admire about them. Snej went from being a blob to a bombshell. She had something special that set her apart from the others who are forces in their own right at that time. She didn't start out a skinny and she became one and stayed on top for as long as she wanted to. For people like me who weren't tall, willowy teens, and who were blobs ourselves, that is inspiring in ways that Vlada can't be.

Finally,TL;DR: eye candy!

6ObOWGo.jpg

wOqBqiw.jpg

YIMUC9e.jpg
WyQaNnI.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
@lightasair My answer was not meant to contradict your post, it was simply an alternate perspective. I do not challenge your opinion. Nevertheless, thank you for a long and well-thought reply. :)

I find it a bit of a stretch to be disappointed in someone because they make it hard for you to like them
The nature of my disapointment is related to her destroying her own icon, I liked her better when she was really misterious in interviews and I was able focus on her work and looks. She gets on my nerves nowadays.

ongoing disappointment
that's because she continuously disappoints us.

Instead of this thread being about Snej the model, it became about Snej the Real Housewife of Ukraine
Because that's all she currenly does and brags about.

stayed on top for as long as she wanted to
I have my doubts, but I'm not an insider and I may be wrong.

eye candy!

YES! Confession: I liked her better than Vlada (I'm referring to the old Snej). And she had one of the best walks!

To summarize:
I don't want this thread to become about her as a person, but for how long can you relate to someone's old career?
I feel members who post nowadays in this thread try to include news about her, and the news are not in her favour, unfortunately.

Back to the eyecandy: I love her in this:
tumblr_m4aasaqxoV1qmzwnpo1_500.jpg

@bingeonvogue @Eternal Summer

^__^ I'm not really telling anyone to like her per se. I'm personally pretty pessimistic when it comes to people (who are often narrow-minded and boxed into their ways) and so it doesn't surprise me that she's vapid and lavishing in her new lifestyle. I find it a bit of a stretch to be disappointed in someone because they make it hard for you to like them, but we each to our own. (I also find it ironic that people could feel that way about Snej because her "ice queen" days were all about being the holier-than-thou persona which is generally not well liked.)

My post was specifically a response to explain why, to me, it felt like "throwing stones" to Leandoll. Being disappointed is reasonable. I just think that ongoing disappointment (especially with the undertone that she isn't going back to being a "skinny bitch") and mockery is throwing stones. That's all really my point was. (I need to caveat this hard and make sure it's clear that I'm not calling Leandoll or any one member out for their behaviour. I'm just making a general observation on the thread.)

Also, on another note completely, my first post was about the nature of this thread. Instead of this thread being about Snej the model, it became about Snej the Real Housewife of Ukraine. That made me sad. So be it, if I have to look into a person's past to find something I admire about them. Snej went from being a blob to a bombshell. She had something special that set her apart from the others who are forces in their own right at that time. She didn't start out a skinny and she became one and stayed on top for as long as she wanted to. For people like me who weren't tall, willowy teens, and who were blobs ourselves, that is inspiring in ways that Vlada can't be.

Finally,TL;DR: eye candy!

6ObOWGo.jpg

wOqBqiw.jpg

YIMUC9e.jpg
WyQaNnI.jpg
Tl;dr a nasty personality can't overcome a pretty face. Snejana ruined her own mystery. She was one of my favorite models and now I can't even look at old pictures of her without being reminded of her instagram antics. That's her own doing, not mine.

It is such such such a shame things ended this way. It's such a stark reminder that being skinny/pretty isn't enough, and attitude/personality are tantamount to your level of success (or in Snej's case - demise) in any industry.

It really is such a shame.

Reactions: 3 users
Tl;dr a nasty personality can't overcome a pretty face. Snejana ruined her own mystery. She was one of my favorite models and now I can't even look at old pictures of her without being reminded of her instagram antics. That's her own doing, not mine.

It is such such such a shame things ended this way. It's such a stark reminder that being skinny/pretty isn't enough, and attitude/personality are tantamount to your level of success (or in Snej's case - demise) in any industry.

It really is such a shame.

I think I honestly feel sorry for her level of idiocy.

"Bless her heart" as some would say....

Reactions: 1 users
Maybe the ice queen persona that we thought she had wasn't a wrong impression, in the comments of one of her pictures she said that she was just very depressed those times (and maybe that made her more bitchy and cold like the old Snej we all know) and that now that she's much happier she feels she doesn't get any more jobs (and also because she's not "too thin" anymore, in her words) because her agency (which she's trying to leave to move to one in new york) is putting "one girl up and her down"
sorry if the comment sounds confusing, english is not my first language

Last edited:
I guess I don't personally agree with this. I never really invested that much in anyone whose body I admired. To me, you can be a refined enigma even if you're not super skinny. I don't particularly tie intelligence, discipline, independence and social grace as a "skinny" traits. (I personally find it arrogant to think that, but that is only one girl's opinion.) I have been skinny and I have been chubby and I've been fat. However, I retain my discipline, my independence, my strength and my social graces regardless of what my body looks like. My body image doesn't fundamentally change who I am.

Not that I follow any one person closely, but far as I know Snej never led anyone to treat her like the epitome of "skinny ideal". Despite that, if people put her up on a pedestal and glorified her based on their own ideals, it is hardly her fault. This thread seems to contain so much disappointment and dare I say shock at the revelation of what her personality is like. I strive to be skinny but I never really strived to be an "ice queen". I see thinspo as thinspo not prospective role models. So, to me, it seems like throwing stones; Disappointment for disappointment's sake.
Uh oh... I never knew I needed to be politically correct here on SG :twisted: Anyway, to clarify: I certainly do not believe the mentioned personality traits are exclusive to skinnies. I know a lot of larger people who have them, as I'm sure you do as well. I do, however, believe that if you're skinny, you most likely have them. The traits I mentioned in my first post were self discipline, independence, inner strength. How could you resist all the temptation if you didn't have self discipline and inner strength? And how could you not be independent (at least in some respects) when you eat differently than everyone around you? As for social ability and self-confidence, I speculated these were important for being a model in general. I may be wrong though, I'm no fashion insider.
As for my "skinny ideal" comment: what would you think about anyone who was a cold faced bitch yet stayed on top of their game professionally? Personally, I had the impression she must be fucking good otherwise no one would put up with that. And I certainly respect and admire anyone (in whatever profession) who is fucking good. To top it off, Snejana had an exceptional body. I don't know much more about her, but it was enough for me to say that. Except now she comes across as desperate to be liked and accepted and that means she's ruining her own brand. End of for me :nopity: