Snejana Onopka

Not sure if these are repeats, but it's been far too long since this thread held thinspo. Snej in her prime was amazing. I'm not entirely sure why we're throwing stones because she didn't stick out the course like Vlada and Olga. She's pretty much become a jersey shore character. Roger. But there are too many people out there to mock and too few people to aspire to. So I'm just going to keep Snej in a time capsule before she became a Real Housewife of Ukraine.

rywRHUI.jpg

po2pqTz.jpg

qd2xdt1.jpg

Lc4qntM.jpg
YPJwNIA.jpg

rwXaOh5.jpg
tMRhgUo.png

Reactions: 1 user
Lol, God. she's so awkward and dorky.
With social media, we expected to glimpse this stuffy Diva...instead we find she's just extremely simple minded,
with absolutely no airs, arrogance or even sophistication about her. Dare I say, humble?

I actually find her simplicity endearing.

@lightasair , she really was exceptionally gorgeous in her prime.

Lol, God. she's so awkward and dorky.
With social media, we expected to glimpse this stuffy Diva...instead we find she's just extremely simple minded,
with absolutely no airs, arrogance or even sophistication about her. Dare I say, humble?

I actually find her simplicity endearing.

@lightasair , she really was exceptionally gorgeous in her prime.
I've always been on the fence about her face, but in her prime her body was so perfect and angular.

This is such a sad thread. She went from a highly esteemed model to an average rich wife living off of her former modeling days. I suppose we all had an unrealistic expectation of what she was like before she joined instagram.

Reactions: 1 users
Not sure if these are repeats, but it's been far too long since this thread held thinspo. Snej in her prime was amazing. I'm not entirely sure why we're throwing stones because she didn't stick out the course like Vlada and Olga. She's pretty much become a jersey shore character. Roger. But there are too many people out there to mock and too few people to aspire to. So I'm just going to keep Snej in a time capsule before she became a Real Housewife of Ukraine.

Personally, I don’t feel like we’re throwing stones at Snejana because she became a “rich housewife”. The main problem is that she was seen as someone presenting the skinny ideal, including the personal characteristics that we tend to associate with being skinny: self discipline, independence, inner strength, as well as social ability and self-confidence.

An ice queen Snej seemed to fulfill these expectations. There was an air of mystery and refinement about her. Was she a bitch sometimes? That’d be perfectly fine by me, the best do get away with a bit (or sometimes a lot) of attitude. However, a desperate Snejana, a wannabe-loved, wannabe-liked-by-everyone Snejana is someone I cannot look up to. She’s now more like a shattered dream we woke up from - a dream of a true skinny bitch with a body to die for. :hibye:

Reactions: 2 users
Personally, I don’t feel like we’re throwing stones at Snejana because she became a “rich housewife”. The main problem is that she was seen as someone presenting the skinny ideal, including the personal characteristics that we tend to associate with being skinny: self discipline, independence, inner strength, as well as social ability and self-confidence.

An ice queen Snej seemed to fulfill these expectations. There was an air of mystery and refinement about her. Was she a bitch sometimes? That’d be perfectly fine by me, the best do get away with a bit (or sometimes a lot) of attitude. However, a desperate Snejana, a wannabe-loved, wannabe-liked-by-everyone Snejana is someone I cannot look up to. She’s now more like a shattered dream we woke up from - a dream of a true skinny bitch with a body to die for. :hibye:
You put this so beautifully.

and so accurately

What I've taken from this is that, thanks to the tragic magic of social media, we need no longer actually meet our heroes in order to be disappointed by them.
Well said! Social media connects us with more people, but it's pretty harsh. It doesn't just reveal one's best self, it shows the glaring flaws as well. I wonder if she realizes how embarrassing she comes across on instagram… It would be awful to make a fool out of yourself and not know it.

I guess I don't personally agree with this. I never really invested that much in anyone whose body I admired. To me, you can be a refined enigma even if you're not super skinny. I don't particularly tie intelligence, discipline, independence and social grace as a "skinny" traits. (I personally find it arrogant to think that, but that is only one girl's opinion.) I have been skinny and I have been chubby and I've been fat. However, I retain my discipline, my independence, my strength and my social graces regardless of what my body looks like. My body image doesn't fundamentally change who I am.

Not that I follow any one person closely, but far as I know Snej never led anyone to treat her like the epitome of "skinny ideal". Despite that, if people put her up on a pedestal and glorified her based on their own ideals, it is hardly her fault. This thread seems to contain so much disappointment and dare I say shock at the revelation of what her personality is like. I strive to be skinny but I never really strived to be an "ice queen". I see thinspo as thinspo not prospective role models. So, to me, it seems like throwing stones; Disappointment for disappointment's sake.

Reactions: 1 users
I guess I don't personally agree with this. I never really invested that much in anyone whose body I admired. To me, you can be a refined enigma even if you're not super skinny. I don't particularly tie intelligence, discipline, independence and social grace as a "skinny" traits. (I personally find it arrogant to think that, but that is only one girl's opinion.) I have been skinny and I have been chubby and I've been fat. However, I retain my discipline, my independence, my strength and my social graces regardless of what my body looks like. My body image doesn't fundamentally change who I am.

Not that I follow any one person closely, but far as I know Snej never led anyone to treat her like the epitome of "skinny ideal". Despite that, if people put her up on a pedestal and glorified her based on their own ideals, it is hardly her fault. This thread seems to contain so much disappointment and dare I say shock at the revelation of what her personality is like. I strive to be skinny but I never really strived to be an "ice queen". I see thinspo as thinspo not prospective role models. So, to me, it seems like throwing stones; Disappointment for disappointment's sake.

I was bolding the parts that I strongly agreed with, but then it was pretty much the entire thing, so. :) Yes, she was the "skinny ideal" at one point. But being upset that she isn't mysterious? Or "shattered" that she isn't as intelligent as one had hoped, or as gracious? That's unfair to her, and to you. Don't invest in someone's worth when you have absolutely no idea what type of person they truly are.

She played the game, and won a fantastic bank account. I find her annoying on social media, but whatever (on the things that show her to be a bit more "desperate"). If I had a painted pool inside my house, you bet your ass I would twirl around in it and show it off to everybody.

So my goodness, let's just get back to drooling over Queen Snej at her prime:
tumblr_la5r6a0vb_D1qzja7oo1_500.jpg

snejana_onopka_jonofui00030.jpg

c30a584b728aa7b559e1d2decf204ad3.jpg

75f6039da21fb3d131b4299227c1716b.jpg

@RoseOfSteel @lightasair For me it's not about what I imagined her to be like. I didn't imagine anything about her personality, actually. But as social media exploded and she started making dumb comments and videos, I realized I don't like her as a person.
I am not dissapointed because I imagined her to be better, I'm dissapointed that she makes it very hard for me to like her as a whole (body+personality). I'm not even left with the body, her prime was eons (and kilos) ago.

I realized I don't like her as a person.

THIS EXACTLY. It's not so much that I imagined a certain personality for her prior to her instagram ridiculousness, but more that I find it hard to find someone attractive once I see (what I think are) extremely unattractive traits in their personality. I guess I would have rather have been in ignorance but since that's not possible... :twisted: