"skorts"

S

SkinnyMilly

OMG can I just have a rant for a second...
I absolutely HATE those 2 in 1 skirt things with shorts underneath (I think they're called skorts??? Lorna Jane makes them). They are disgusting!! All these middle aged women with big muscly legs wear them at the gym and think they look all sporty... I feel like shaking them!! Who even came up with the idea of a skort?? Either you wear a skirt (which isn't really what you wear to the gym anyway) or you wear shorts!! What is wrong with people!!

Here is a photo of one... imagine this (but shorter) on a pair of muscly legs on a middle aged woman... YUCK

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 108
I used to quite like wearing them for netball at school. They look fine as long as you buy a big enough size and they're dead comfy. Plus, much easier than wearing a kilt and shorts underneath which was what we had to do before!

SkinnyMilly: I don´t get it either :)

Either you wear a skirt with decent underwear, but still a slight risk of situations people can see under it (therefor the decent underwear), or you wear shorts.
Especially at the gym I don´t get why anyone would wear a skirt at all.

At the local gym I visit there´s always the bigger, middle-aged women who wear those, and I guess it´s because it doesn´t accentuate the problem areas on butt and thighs as much as shorts do.

lol I totally forgot about skorts... I use to wear them playing tennis when I was younger. I haven't seen women wearing these at the gym I go to. Guess I'll be looking out for them now.

I think they are uncomfortable, but they are fine when you want to wear a short skirt, but at the same time want to cover up your butt ;)

But yeah, I can imagine that they look bad on middle aged bulky leg, but what doesn't?:lol:

I don't really care for them either i have never been a skirt person so meaning skorts too. Not comfortable with my thighs enough to wear something like that.

I don't really care for them either i have never been a skirt person so meaning skorts too. Not comfortable with my thighs enough to wear something like that.

I actually think that my thighs look better in mini skirts (wearing thin blck tights) than in skinny jeans :) I'm wearing both items though

I used to quite like wearing them for netball at school. They look fine as long as you buy a big enough size and they're dead comfy. Plus, much easier than wearing a kilt and shorts underneath which was what we had to do before!

Oh I think wearing them in netball is okay, because normally the netball uniform is a skirt anyway (and you want something underneath because you are jumping around)

How do you feel about leggings then? Because the ultra tight ones are pretty unflattering (they make my thighs look HUGE) but I wear them anyway because they make exercise a lot comfier so I can do more :)

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe they stemmed from the tennis realm.
I play tennis and i have to say its the standard for tennis attire, comfy but still slightly feminine...
HOWEVER... in the daily wear world I would not wear them as a street style... YUCK!!!

I do love leggings! I have gotten to a point wear they look DAMN good on me! ;)

Thats my 2 cents

Hahaha I remember wearing skorts when I was like 8 and thinking they were pretty cool. Not anymore though. My sister has to wear one for her school tennis team though and their uniform is really cute.

I think they are fine as long as you either play tennis or are under the age of 18. I dislike when older women wear something that it's not appropriate for their age.

I think they look fine on people that can pull them off. i.e. kids/teens... but certainly not on the middle aged woman 'sweating to the oldies' next to you at the gym!

How do you feel about leggings then? Because the ultra tight ones are pretty unflattering (they make my thighs look HUGE) but I wear them anyway because they make exercise a lot comfier so I can do more :)

I despise leggings with a passion, sorry just my opinion.

I used to wear skorts, when I was a kid. I used to think they were greatest thing ever, thank goodness I grew out of that phase ;).

Am I the only one who thinks skorts are cute? :D Obviously, the tennis style skorts should be used for sports and sports alone, but I've been seeing lots of skorts around this year and I loved some of them.

I'd love to wear these skorts from Zara if I had the legs.

2261354800_1_1_3.jpg

Am I the only one who thinks skorts are cute? :D Obviously, the tennis style skorts should be used for sports and sports alone, but I've been seeing lots of skorts around this year and I loved some of them.

I'd love to wear these skorts from Zara if I had the legs.

Yeah, I actually dont mind them that much either. Of course it depends on what kind of skorts. :)

i used to wear them when i was a kid, in a particularly unattractive shade of kharki :oops: i had cruel, cruel parents...;)