skins

Skins is the only show I really watched one episode after another and just stopped as I couldn't find more of them on YouTube. I just know episode 1, 2 (generation 1) and 3 (half of generation 2). I really don't want to watch that US remake (I HATE US remakes in general) and I'm also not sure about generation 3+.

The US version (yep, I watched it :run:) is almost scene by scene the same for the first episode and then it gets a little different because they mixed up some of the characters. But, a lot of the story lines and episodes are the exact same, word for word. Don't waste your time unless you are REALLY bored ;)

Generation 3, I also watched, because I am a Skins addict, but was not nearly as good as the first two generations.

you intrigued and delighted me at the same time! haven't heard before of such a possibility.
Which is going to count as a last season? 6th? I have seen the first 5 season, but recently I had not been following the updates..

I watched seasons 1-4. By season 5 I didn't like it so much :meh: I miss the first cast now that I think about it.....

you intrigued and delighted me at the same time! haven't heard before of such a possibility.
Which is going to count as a last season? 6th? I have seen the first 5 season, but recently I had not been following the updates..

The 6th season is the 2nd season for the 3rd generation. The seventh season will be the last and have characters returning. The only ones they have locked in to be there is Anwar, Tony, Effy (!!!!) and Cook.

Here is an article:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/9130588/Skins-cancelled-by-Channel-4.html

Never heard of this series and I don't think that it was broadcasted in germany?
But it sounds interesting.

But sometimes I have problems understanding british english, I noticed that when I watched supersize vs superskinny.

I saw generation 1 and 2, 2 was my favorite by far. I think I saw all the episodes on youtube in just two days, I became completely obsessed with it. And the music is out of this world, they always put the right song for each situation. I miss it and wish they would have made more episodes in that generation!

I'm in the middle of the series. I adore it. Effy is lovely.

600full-kaya-scodelario.jpg

I found that I had to wait a while after watching 1st generation, a mourning period, if you will, before I could emotionally invest in the next.

I found that I had to wait a while after watching 1st generation, a mourning period, if you will, before I could emotionally invest in the next.

I just watched the last episode of season 2 - end of the 1st generation :cry:

Effy's story is so damn sad, watching the second generation almost sucks all the happiness out of me :cry:

And still I'm addicted :p

I just watched the last episode of season 2 - end of the 1st generation :cry:

Effy's story is so damn sad, watching the second generation almost sucks all the happiness out of me :cry:

And still I'm addicted :p

The 2nd generation eventually grew on me. :) Some of the characters in the 2nd generation were really awesome (Cook!). Be warned though: the way the 2nd generation ends sucks. The 1st generation was of course my favorite though. I miss it. :( I hated the 3rd generation. And the 4th generation was/is pathetic.

The 2nd generation eventually grew on me. :) Some of the characters in the 2nd generation were really awesome (Cook!). Be warned though: the way the 2nd generation ends sucks. The 1st generation was of course my favorite though. I miss it. :( I hated the 3rd generation. And the 4th generation was/is pathetic.

There is a 4th generation?! Like, another generation after the Mini, Frankie & Co. one that I didn't watch because it sucked ass?! Please, do tell me more!

There is a 4th generation?! Like, another generation after the Mini, Frankie & Co. one that I didn't watch because it sucked ass?! Please, do tell me more!

I haven't heard of a 4th generation either, but they are making a 7th Season, with the previous characters. But I wouldn't mind a 4th generation :p.

I haven't heard of a 4th generation either, but they are making a 7th Season, with the previous characters. But I wouldn't mind a 4th generation :p.

Oh yes, I know about the 7th season. I was quite disappointed that most my favorites won't be coming back, though.
And I would actually mind a 4th generation, because I'm pretty sure that the quality of the show would just keep getting worse, as was the trend by now. It was an amazing idea, but they've milked it to the maximum and they should stop.

Oh yes, I know about the 7th season. I was quite disappointed that most my favorites won't be coming back, though.
And I would actually mind a 4th generation, because I'm pretty sure that the quality of the show would just keep getting worse, as was the trend by now. It was an amazing idea, but they've milked it to the maximum and they should stop.

What were your favorites? Mine are Cassie, Effy and Cook, and they are all coming back.
I know what you mean about the 3rd generation -.- I watched it because I just couldn't believe it would be bad when the others were so good. But I think they'd have to put more effort into the 4th generation, if they made one.

Sorry I get how that was a bit confusing. I was referring to the new season they're doing with the old characters. I think it's a horrible idea. :meh:

Sorry I get how that was a bit confusing. I was referring to the new season they're doing with the old characters. I think it's a horrible idea. :meh:

Let's wait and see...I'll definitely watch it, but I don't want the endings to be destroyed, if you know what I mean. Seasons 1-4 are like...artworks, complete in itself :p.

Let's wait and see...I'll definitely watch it, but I don't want the endings to be destroyed, if you know what I mean. Seasons 1-4 are like...artworks, complete in itself :p.

I know what you mean...I'm a bit afraid of that too. But I always loved Effy and Cassie (maybe because I identified with them). And to be honest, I think that a fourth generation would have been too much. There was something I don't know slightly forced with the third generation in my opinion. By season 4 I was in love with the second generation...might have to watch those again...I do love that show!

7th Series will be on air in July, cannot wait!! Effy and Cassie thinspo <3 Will only be 3 episodes though, hope it's good!

Yay I'm really excited to see cassie and effy again!

I recently watched the entire 1st and 2nd series (when I should have been studying :oops:)
And I just started the 3rd series.. Its going to take a while to get used to the new cast, but at least effy is there! :)