Victoria

this cropped up on facebook.
thoughts?
i know which half i prefer....

Attachments

• 383634_356955990997276_100000486340338_1418682_1666430577_n.jpg
    383634_356955990997276_100000486340338_1418682_1666430577_n.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 725
There´s also website called Skinny VS Curvy, you can guess which side they´re promoting...
Well, as to these pictures, I prefer the skinny side, too.
Just imagine what the person who made and spread this pic on Facebook looks like.

the girls in the "curvy section" are ACTUALLY curvy with pretty faces!! this is soo different from what the general population perceives as curvy - what we know to be untoned, flabby, and fat. you're either born with a good whr or not. no such thing as "wanting to be curvy"

Heidi isn't even skinny... yuck.

I agree with you too, Irene. I bet their waists are tiny. Plus, they had abnormal bodies at the time because most women were very slim and without crazy curves. Curvy is a PC way of saying fat now!

Have you guys seen what Lizzie looked like AFTER she gained, how do they call them, ekhm, - big curves? During a marrige crises, she let herself go there a bit. o_o
elizabeth-taylor35.jpg

hey thats what's her face from pirates of the Caribbean! she looks good i wouldn't mind bettie bod either ..yea this "curvy" is totally different thats like fit"

the girls in the "curvy section" are ACTUALLY curvy with pretty faces!! this is soo different from what the general population perceives as curvy - what we know to be untoned, flabby, and fat. you're either born with a good whr or not. no such thing as "wanting to be curvy"

A+. Marilyn Monroe was 36-24-36. That's curvy, not flabby. (Oh, and not a UK size 16, try a UK size 10 ... oh, whose image will the fatties co-opt next? :confused: )

Reactions: 1 user
I only like Keira and Nicole in that pic. Heidi is disgusting and Kirsten looks like she eats a lot of crap but is naturally skinny.

I like Keira, Nicole and I have to say Elizabeth Taylor. There is just something about her...

When did skinny become hotter than curvy? When Audrey Hepburn, Grace Kelly and Twiggy stepped in and changed everything. No one complains about them.
sabrina-audrey-hepburn.jpg

Grace+Kelly14.jpg

lategan_twiggy.jpg

But I'm glad that Marilyn, Elizabeth and Betty are the ones considered curvy rather than fatties who claim that being curvy means having belly curve.

Everytime I see that picture on facebook or tumblr I think this:
when-did-this-become-hotter-than-this.jpg

Society's views change, and now skinnier is hotter than curvier.
"Curvy" itself makes no sense. People use it to describe any girl that isn't skinny, instead of girls that have curves. Curvy ≠ Thick/Fat. Skinny girls can be curvy too people, haven't you seen the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show?

Reactions: 1 user
What I don't get is the hype over Marilyn. Especially in that white bikini where she just looks bloated/fat/who knows.

What I don't get is the hype over Marilyn. Especially in that white bikini where she just looks bloated/fat/who knows.

I love how that is the picture of Marilyn that the "fat acceptance" crowd clings to. She was pregnant is that photo!

I love how that is the picture of Marilyn that the "fat acceptance" crowd clings to. She was pregnant is that photo!

oh my gosh! the fat 'ideal' is a pregnant woman. just says it all really.

"Curvy" itself makes no sense. People use it to describe any girl that isn't skinny, instead of girls that have curves. Curvy ≠ Thick/Fat. Skinny girls can be curvy too people, haven't you seen the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show?

This cracked me up! :lol:
Different times, different ideals. Skinny is in, so deal with it! :grin:

Have you guys seen what Lizzie looked like AFTER she gained, how do they call them, ekhm, - big curves? During a marrige crises, she let herself go there a bit. o_o
elizabeth-taylor35.jpg

LOL, Mary Lou, you're probably making Liz' ghost blush right now :grin:
Only big curves? Hang on there, let me just try to find a
measuring tape that would fit round her...

There are many different things about "curvy." But one main thing is that "curvy" IS now the nice way to say fat. It's annoying. AND aren't all girls Curvy? in some way or another? old school women had a different curvy style than women try to pull now. And I love Audrey!

LOL!!! Very funny

Also I agree. Curvy should NOT mean fat. My best friend is curvy and weighs 82 pounds. The current media just changed the whole concept of curvy!!