Skinny outfits

Discussion in 'Clothes' started by Talianna, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Talianna

Talianna Rising Star

Hey guys, i don't know what do you think, but i just love outfit blogs, (of course good one, with skinny ladies, not with whales) sooo i thought that if you are wearing something nice today or just found a great pic on the internet about some outfit that you are fancy share it!
    Tell me if it's a bad idea...:confused: But i just find it so inspiring if i see a pretty girl with a great sense of fashion. :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. saladdays

saladdays Worker Bee

The first girl's shirt and skirt are sooo cute! Not sure about the tights though, nor the heels, though that's just not my scene.

3. Coral

Coral SkinnyGossip Royal

That's Ebba Zingmark, so sad she's gained weight though. She looks kinda average now. Classic story of skinny teenager gaining weight after a couple years.

4. saladdays

saladdays Worker Bee

What a shame. I'm sure that others have asked this question thousands of times, but what exactly is it that makes teenagers ->young adulthood (20+) gain weight? Aside from "metabolism" - don't they just eat more to gain weight? And why not just....eat less? :rolleyes:

5. Coral

Coral SkinnyGossip Royal

I think it just has to do with bad eating habits (maybe not in Ebba's case, I think she's vegan.. but who knows).. teenagers can eat whatever they want and are probably more active being in school/gym classes. But when they get older and go to college, alcohol plays a huge factor, also restricted budget means cheap fast foods are sometimes their only option.
    Also the body doesn't really need as many calories after puberty but if you had bad eating habits before it's hard to break them all of a sudden I'm sure.
    And I think a lot of people are just not aware that they're gaining weight, after all it is a gradual process. Before they know it they're +20 lbs.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Butternut

Butternut Community Duchess

A lot of uber-skinny teens get bullied in HS so they're actually happy when they gain (hence why they don't eat less) I only realized I wanted to stay skinny when my mom & doctor told me I was gaining too quick.

Why teens gain weight depends on the situation. I know I gained because I went on a one-month trip where I got sick and was eating vegetarian so that made me pig out when I got home. Plus I had a growth spurt around the age of ~17 so I was incredibly hungry all the time and really thin, but then it ended around 18 and I ballooned cause I was still eating the same amount of food as when I was growing. Some, as @Coral said, just start drinking every night and eating fast food.

#6 Butternut, Jun 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
  7. lamb's breath

lamb's breath Worker Bee

At least where I live, I think it comes down to the whole culture surrounding alcohol and fast-food, which is ingrained since childhood or highschool.

In my year, many began to gain weight around the ages of 16 and 17 which is also around the time people started to get their drivers license and the time when alcohol and marijuana use became most pervasive. My year was small so everyone knew everyone and everyone knew nearly everything that was going on so I can pretty confidently say almost everyone was drinking, about 40% were regularly drinking, over half of those were binge-drinkers and about 15-20% were regular uses of pot, and most people who smoked pot were the boys. People kept pot in their lockers and would mix vodka with cordial in a stainless-steal drinkbottle and take it to class. Teachers became aware and lockers started to be inspected weekly and drinkbottles were only allowed in clear plastic. That didn't really stop the problem though because parents would supply their underage 16 and 17 year old children with alcohol to drink casually in a home environment or supply them before they went off to a party (note, this is normal across Australia).

Concerning driving, it is a necessity here to get your license sooner rather than later given it is semi-rural and public transport is shit. However, most who had their license also completely stopped walking places or riding their bikes. People also start going on maccas or fish and chip runs after school or after parties, loading up on calories they wouldn't normally have and don't otherwise need.

Since graduating, I keep in contact with almost everyone on Facebook. Most in my year didn't start off overweight and not everyone did become overweight. Majority gained weight but I would say only about 20-30% are overweight. Some people who stayed skinny for that period have started gaining weight whereas others are making a conscious effort to lose and have been quite successful. Fortunately most try to make healthy food choices and many are part of a local sports team, go to the gym or try to prepare for the occasional fun run. I'm doing the colour-run this year with 4 people from highschool and I expect I will be running into (and hopefully overtaking), other people I graduated with there too.

tl;dr _ Alcohol, drivers license and poor food choices make people fat in their later years of high-school or after they graduate.

8. sabine

sabine VIP - Insider
    VIP

Here's a collection of some of my outfit inspirations. I take my inspiration from the 70s, glam rock, nomadic styles, embellished pieces, textures, androgynous pieces, floaty mini dresses. A whole, eclectic, load of stuff. I love dressing up, but try to avoid looking like I tried too hard at the same time. Messy hair and slept in makeup is key haha.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

it's an odd mix, but it's what I like, and always gets lots of comments (mostly good haha).

• Like Like x 2
  9. saladdays

saladdays Worker Bee

Ahh! That's what I thought. I know a lot of athletic skinnies (not SG skinny, but fit) who ballooned up in college. I thought it was obvious to everyone that alcohol/marijuana/fast food encourages weight gain, so whenever I would see "oh your metabolism is just slowing down!" referring to 20 year olds gaining weight, :nervous: I used to wonder if they knew something that I didn't, you know? The fact that it's cultural rather than biological puts my mind at ease :kiss:

P.S. love "maccas" lamb's breath...my best friend lives new zealand and I thought it was hilarious how they call it that over there :lol:

#9 saladdays, Jun 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  10. lamb's breath

lamb's breath Worker Bee

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Bump!

• Like Like x 2
  11. Lubellule

Lubellule Worker Bee

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  12. lamb's breath

lamb's breath Worker Bee

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. Plume

Plume SuperStar

Some of my faves.

Attached Files:

14. Lapin

Lapin Worker Bee

I hope this thread keeps up, I love looking at skinny girls in good outfits. Personally, I can only find an outfit really nice if the girl wearing it is thin... :run:
    A few random picture's from my 'outfits' pinterest board:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Love Love x 1
  15. Serea

Serea Rising Star

@Lapin Oh my god, I LOVE your taste!!! I may try to rock a few of these looks this fall.

By the way....LOL at the woman to the right in the Magda pic you posted :p :
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. Serea

Serea Rising Star

Have you ever heard of Girl on a Vine? They make some really gorgeous boho/70s-inspired pieces. I hate the way that their website is set up, though; kinda awkward to navigate, like an online yard sale. Eh, but the good finds make up for it. Some examples:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Oops, just realized that I basically posted black/mostly-black pieces, but they actually do have a ton of colourful pieces (I just gravitate towards the dark side . . . :p ). But yeah, I love some of their clothing!

17. Plume

Plume SuperStar

more

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  18. Pale Princess

Pale Princess Rising Star

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here's some pics from my Pinterest :grin:

• Love Love x 1
  19. Starbuck

Starbuck Grand Dame

I love the last picture. She has a nice chest. Plus, her bra is really cute!

20. Lubellule

Lubellule Worker Bee

part2

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1