Skinny Gurl's Guide to Thanksgiving

doors-of-perception

Rising Star
Thanks SG! Great artical and funny too as always! I don't celebrate Thanksgiving because I'm in England BUT this will most definately get me through Christmas!!

curlycue

Worker Bee
I wouldn't dare eat in front of Karl.

Remember girls, it's having a skinny mindset everyday of the year.

I didn't calorie count this weekend, but I definitely didn't go overboard. (I actually lost weight on Thanksgiving, go figure ;) ) My husband was such a sweetheart this weekend. He saved me from eating by getting a plate 'to share with me' to be polite at gatherings, but then barely eating anything to save room for our quiet personal Thanksgiving. I'd much rather eat amazing prime rib than shitty mashed potatos anyday and so would he.

A

Andalucia

Thanks SG!

:wtf: Where do you find these? first that video now this. All i need to restrain from eating is look at any of your posts

The same with Christmas, Easter, birthdays and every other event out there. Same with weddings. People don't give a damn about their host anymore, about spending time together, about talking and cathing up with your family. It should be about being together, having fun, going out together for a walk. Having quality time with children if there are any in the family. Buying or making gifts that are perfect for the person they're for, not just cool or expensive looking.

Look what's happening to us, skinnies. We start hating on social events, we get extremely nervous around our families, and we don't wait for Christmas anymore. It's not the way it's supposed to be. We should be able to go for family events for family. But how are we supposed to do that if every nose is in our plate, snooping for how much we eat.

(/rant over)
I definitely agree that the spirit of the holidays is being lost. I think that should be another one:

Say you ate before you came and that you just wanted to come by and see your family! They will be happy you came and maybe won't say anything about food and you can just enjoy everyone's company.

antelope

Rising Star
The tips were so helpful @Skinny Gurl, especially the one about spreading the food around your plate to make it look fuller... gonna definitely try that trick in the future :)

Last edited by a moderator: