Skinny Gossip Browsing

I have a sneaking suspicion that one or two of us are here when we ought to be doing other things. Like working at our jobs and stuff.

No way, what are you even thinking?

;)
I came late to my office today because I had a business meeting until noon and now I'm sitting here, my inbox is exploding and what do I do: browsing on SGF.

Reactions: 1 user
I heart surveys.

1. how often do you come here?
If I'm home all day with nothing to do, I'll check my CP every hour or more. But if I'm very busy or out of the house, I could sometimes go days without checking (I don't like to use the site at work).

2. what are your favourite threads?
Definitely Street Style. I also love the threads of models eating, and the pages for my favorite individual models. :luv:

3. do you have a favourite section?
My most-frequented threads are in the model section, but I also like starving tips. Sometime I'll browse the takedowns if I'm feeling evil :twisted:, but I start to feel ashamed of myself if I get too gossipy, so I limit that. :oops:

4. what is your routine/how do you browse through topics?
I always go to my CP first and check what's new on my subscribed threads. Every other day or so I'll give the boards a quick browse to see if there are any new threads I'm interested in. About once a month I'll have an idea for a new thread and create one.

5. anything you are not interested in?
I stay away from the Skinny Showcase. If someone is doing better than me, then I'll be jealous. If they're doing worse, then I'll relish it and then feel immediately guilty for it.
I feel uncomfortable judging "real" people's bodies for the same reason that I feel uncomfortable judging paparazzi pictures of celebrities. It's one thing if they're in a photoshoot or on the red carpet. They're willingly presenting themselves, publicly and professionally, so I feel like assessment is fair enough. A paparazzi shot, on the other hand, is an invasion and I always feel a bit dirty for looking at it let alone criticizing it. I know that the point of the showcase is for girls to voluntarily present themselves, but I still feel that guilt. So I skip it.

6. do you give karma/use to check yours?
I give karma pretty regularly. I check mine on my CP and this might be a bit pathetic, but it does sort of make my day to receive it. :luv:

7. which users posts do you love most?
@Babydoll, @skinny 2012, and @antelope are consistently excellent sources of high-quality photos, gifs, and information. I also never fail to smile when I read anything from @Poppy Bounder.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. how often do you come here? At least two or three times per day: In the morning, in the afternoon, probably at night, and perhaps sometime at school.
2. what are your favourite thread? @Yulia and her Russian Ballet Thread.
3. do you have a favourite section? Models, Skinny Showcase, Starving Tips in that order.
4. what is your routine/how do you browse through topics? I always go to the New Posts, read the ones that interest me first, then sort of look at the other ones so they're read.
5. anything you are not interested in? not really. I kind of have to be in the mood for a takedown though.
6. do you give karma/use to check yours? Yes.
7. which users posts do you love most? All the VIPs, @Babydoll, @Apple, @PerfectMuse, @AnastasiaB, and every single one. Seriously, I wish the SG girls could be my real life friends. You're all so driven and lovely and perfect. :luv:

Reactions: 1 users
Usually everyday..not gonna lie.

2. what are your favourite thread?
Vlada's, Magdalena's, Frida's, What did you eat today, SG Confessions.. can't think of any others now. Oh and Starvation Mode - that thread changed my life. Literally.

Takedowns for sure! Followed closely by Models and members articles. I also find the Skinny Showcase section so thinspirational.

I click new posts and go from there usually. Sometimes I go to User CP.

Nope!

I give karma quite a lot (although my karma doesn't amount to much!). I occasionally check my karma.

Honestly, I love everyone's posts! All you girls are so intelligent, cultured and wellbred :luv:

1. how often do you come here? It really depends on how busy/distracted I am with other things. I can go days of checking in multiple times, but at the same time, when my workload gets hectic and I need to focus on more pressing things, I might not check in for a month or two. I always come back, worry not!

2. what are your favourite thread? SG Confessions. Any thread that is "What is your Favourite X" since I love seeing the diversity of preferences ie. Favourite Bones or Goal Words. Any threads with juicy insider info, like Ask a Model Anything. Food preference threads, like Grocery Haul and Forbidden Foods. Magda's thread, Frida's thread, and of course Anna S's thread. Motivation, even though no one posts anymore.

3. do you have a favourite section? Skinny Showcase, Models and Member Articles / Anything Goes. And Kitchen --> Food as well as --> Diets. Always curious to see what other people are eating and how they're exercising.

4. what is your routine/how do you browse through topics? New Posts, always, and then open a series of tabs on any posts that interest me. Read, post and close as I go. When I''m done reading them, click New Posts again to filter through once again. Rinse, repeat.

5. anything you are not interested in? For some reason, I hate What Did You Eat Today? I guess I don't see the point of it. Keep an MFP diary! It's faster and easier! Also posts that rehash the same old, same old (usually made by, no offense, the newer members) i.e. oh look another thread about dieting tips, or freaking out about the existence of starvation mode, or "help I am stuck in a plateau" or whatever. If it's been posted before, numerous times, no need to make a new thread.

6. do you give karma/use to check yours? Yes, absolutely! Love giving karma, love getting it. It's really interesting and enlightening reading people's comments to what I said that may resonate with them - sometimes it can be very surprising and not what you may have expected from the outset!

7. which users posts do you love most? I love so many users I couldn't possible begin to say. So many intelligent minds here, and it's really the mix of everyone's opinions that makes this place so special, plus the mutual respect that seems to abound the forums. People never get catty or mean with one another - as far as forums go, this has to be one of the most peaceful ones in existence. I feel like the community really draws its strength from one another, we have sort of a mentality of "we're in this together". Basically, if you're one of the regulars who posts often and has been around for a few months at least, I've gotten to know what to expect of you, I think, and now look forward to your unique voices and perspectives. I have little mental images of most of you guys to accompany this "sense of who you are".

A few times a day (3-4 times), usually in the afternoon/evening when I am busy during the day, if I have a day off and am being a lazy couch potato a bit more (7-8 times?)

I absolutely adore the 'ask a model anything' section, I've read the whole thread twice, and this no BS attitude is just amazing.
I quite like the 'what did you eat today'
A lot of the models threads (especially Anna Selezneva, who I think is completely underrated, Vlada, Friday, Abbey Lee, Gemma, Snejana, Karlie, Sasha P, Natasha Poly etc.)

Probably the models section :oops:

I first go through my notification if I have any, then go to my user CP to see if I've received karma, then I click on New Posts and answer those I like, and if I have a bit more time, I'll browse a little bit more (i.e. on a member's name if they have nice stats, or made particularly insightful comments, or I'll click on the last page of the 'diet' or 'food' section, and read all the threads I haven't been able to read)

I am really uninterested in the celebrities threads, except a couple of them, I just find them extremely boring. I very rarely look at shoes/jewelry as well as the Arts.

I give karma maybe a few times a week. Sometimes I forget to give it, but usually I remember. Sometimes I add a comment, and sometimes I just leave it blank. I check mine quite regularly, I love receiving it :grin:

I think @Yulia has very interesting and insightful things to say. @Nanoushkaia as well ;)
I can't thank @71000 enough for the very nice threads you start about new models, or new pictures in 'forgotten' threads of great models ;)

Well, I took a break for a bit. but I am pretty sure I am back :)

Constance Jablonski, and anything in the Hunger Games.

Skinny Showcase :luv:

Not as often as I wish I could.

Not much.

quite often when I am actually on.

@sabine and @Babydoll I'd spam the karma button if I could.:kiss:

Reactions: 1 user
Generally 6 days per week, in the evenings. One of the many reasons I come here is for thinspiration and motivation so I always visit on days I restrict my food intake (which is generally 6 days per week).

Starving Tips probably

Probably Diets and Member Articles. Takedowns is great too!

I log on and check to see if I have any notifications. If so, I read those. Then I go to Subscribed Threads and will read threads that interest me. I then go back to the home page and skim through each section to see if there are any new threads or updated threads that are of interest to me.

I don't really read the Fashion section. Or Sneak a Cigarette.

I'm kind of selective when I give karma - I give it to posts/users who say something I agree with or something intelligent, witty, etc. I always return karma if I know who has given it to me as well.

Any of the VIPs and @noone too!

Depends on my workload - i either post a lot during a span of time and read a lot, or when I have a lot of stuff to do I don't post or even check it at all.

Any of the really good thinspo models (like Vlada or Sasha Luss!) and post your face thread because i think it's just so interesting to see what everyone looks like!

I love the showcase because it's incredibly motivating to see girls on this site who are students or have regular jobs maintaining these beautiful skinny figures, instead of only supermodels who seem un-human to me because of how perfect they are.

I usually check my notifications and subscribed threads and after that I just kind of browse other sections if I have time (or am bored in class)

I usually don't really read the threads under 'the den'

I give karma if I like the post or agree with it and i definitely check mine because it's nice to see i've said something that resonates with someone in any way.

I don't really have a specific favorite I think a lot of people make fantastic contributions to these forums