Skinny Gossip Browsing

délié

Rising Star
Feb 5, 2012
europe
hey girls,
i was just wondering how you use to browse our lovely skinny gossip page. i visit so often, that it is already a routine somehow. i thought it would be funny to share our 'behaviour' (if anybody is interested):shy:

1. how often do you come here?
2. what are your favourite thread?
3. do you have a favourite section?
4. what is your routine/how do you browse through topics?
5. anything you are not interested in?
6. do you give karma/use to check yours?
7. which users posts do you love most?

1. i come here quite often, few times a day:oops:
2. Skinny Gossip Confessions(thanks @Apple), Sigrid Agren, Ginta Lapina, What did you eat today?, Any inspirational Skinny Showcase thread
3. Anything insightful, probably the model section with their No One insider posts:grin:
4. I click constantly on the button 'New Posts', open every thread i'm interested in a new tab, so i won't miss anything i'd like to read, then again 'new Posts' haha
and i click quite often on some profiles, just to know who they are after i read their posts or to see their weight (especially if they write something weight related). sometimes i click on a profile a few times because i searched a thread someone started, and i always hope i don't seem like a stalker;) . but then again i never check who visited my side.
5. Some anti-thinspiration or posts which show obese people, because i can't relate at all. average or chubby people frighten me more:nervous:
and threads in the showcase of not-skinny people:rolleyes: oh and COCONUT OIL.
6. i give karma pretty often and am always excited to receive karma:)
7. i guess i can't decide as there are at least about 5-10 users which posts i love, which make me laugh, or make me think, or let me learn new things, so thanks so much for this girls:kiss:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
6. i give karma pretty often and am always excited to receive karma:)

There's probably a thread for this, so forgive me if there is, but how/when does one give karma?

I love the recipe threads and the takedowns. I also click on New Posts quite a bit! I'm still trying to figure it all out though, and since I'm new, I don't really know anybody very well yet!

@visna I like this idea! :highfive:

I check a couple of times a day for notifications or if an interesting thread pops up

Frida Gustavsson because I spam it a lot, Gemma Ward because I spam it a lot, If you could ask a model anything for all the insider info, Tumblr, Model GIFS, Real-Life Takedowns: The Skinnies Strike Back!, anything in the fashion industry section, Aesthetics & Secrets of Russian Ballet, Would you like a thigh gap with that?,
The ONLY safe crash diet: the "carb fast", Models make ME confident for when I feel insecure, Skinny Gossip Confessions, Any skinny gamers here? and Favorite Bones.

It's either Models or Fashion Industry or Skinny Showcase or Anything Goes (some of the threads are simply hilarous there) or Starving Tips.

I am always alert for catfights first :sneaky:, or insider info by @No One, or gifs posted by @Apple, or revenge stories. But I usually always go to my notifications and then to "New Posts" and look for threads that may awaken my interest.

Nope. ;)

Yep, I check it and give karma a lot. :)

@skinny4ever

tumblr_lsbgiiYKBi1r30yjlo1_500.gif

I scared you there, didn't I?
But no, I love everyone's posts as long as they're not stupid like the ones coconut oil used to post. :rolleyes:

1. how often do you come here? Everyday
2. what are your favourite thread? mmm far too many
3. do you have a favourite section? Generally, diets and food section, anything goes, member articles, starving tips, models
4. what is your routine/how do you browse through topics? Upwards (from sex and relationship to takedowns
5. anything you are not interested in? I don't check out the online section that much, only because I don't really browse on other websites that much. But sometimes there will be something I like.
6. do you give karma/use to check yours? Yes, I give lots (or try to), but I won't mention it's from me. I also like checking for which threads I receive karma, I love the comments I receive with them :)
7. which users posts do you love most? Erm, I love lots of users here, I won't name members.

There's probably a thread for this, so forgive me if there is, but how/when does one give karma?

above every post, there is a little scale, you can 'approve' a posts by clicking on it, it is anonymous, but you can leave a little message with your name.
you can give karma for any reason, if you liked enjoyed a post/if it was helpful, a lot more...
the karma you received is viewable at your User CP (left side on the top). green and grey points are good, grey just means that a user is new and does not already have the power to give countable karma points for one's reputation. how many points someone has can be seen next to his username.
red karma is bad and can only be given by VIPs i think.
if you have any questions feel free to write me.

somewhere there is a thread for this as well. and welcome:kiss:

everyday :kiss:

tough, but probably skinny gossip confessions or what did you eat today

models or takedowns

i start from the takedowns and work my way down until i get to the "anything goes" section

relationships, the whole den section, the hunger games section

i always give karma :D

tough (im probably leaving out a lot of people i cant think of on the top of my mind) but @SugarFree @Mary @Lee @Babydoll @leila @Apple @Poppy Bounder @classichic @grapefruit @Xsmall

Reactions: 3 users
basically on all day at work
not really a favorite, just really enjoy reading about everything. When there is a contest going on in the hunger games,I stock that pretty religiously
Models, food/diet, anything goes, member articles, skinny showcase
just keep hitting new posts
nope
yes
I love reading everyone’s, but I like reading the posts of No One, VIP’s, and actually skinny girls (sorrynotsorry:lol:)
Also when Skinny Gurl posts, it's usually something good :popcorn:

hey girls,
i was just wondering how you use to browse our lovely skinny gossip page. i visit so often, that it is already a routine somehow. i thought it would be funny to share our 'behaviour' (if anybody is interested):shy:

1. I come here ALL THE TIME. I actually post infrequently though. I'm a lurker. ;)
2. Skinny Confessions, definitely. They are so raw, and I connect to many of them.
3. Mm, I don't really browse by sections... I guess I'm more interested in dieting & thinspo than the exercises and dating categories.
4. I click "new posts" and open up all of the topics that interest me.
5. I don't participate in the contests, but I do occasionally look in on them. I'm not hardcore enough. :)
6. I give karma constantly: if you make me laugh, if you are insightful, if you are supportive, etc.
7. @PoppyBounder

AND THE VLADA THREAD! OH GOSH THE VLADA THREAD! I completely forgot! :wtf:
How could I forget it???? I look at it everyday! :confused:

above every post, there is a little scale, you can 'approve' a posts by clicking on it, it is anonymous, but you can leave a little message with your name.
you can give karma for any reason, if you liked enjoyed a post/if it was helpful, a lot more...
the karma you received is viewable at your User CP (left side on the top). green and grey points are good, grey just means that a user is new and does not already have the power to give countable karma points for one's reputation. how many points someone has can be seen next to his username.
red karma is bad and can only be given by VIPs i think.
if you have any questions feel free to write me.

somewhere there is a thread for this as well. and welcome:kiss:

Appropriately, I just gave my first karma to you! Thank you! :luv:

I click constantly on the button 'New Posts', open every thread i'm interested in a new tab, so i won't miss anything i'd like to read, then again 'new Posts'
I always browse like that.... I spend some time here on weekday mornings (usually out and about on weekends), then I check in very briefly throughout the day, especially if I have a question or need some inspiration.

Thanks @antelope! I'm sure I'm not alone in saying your posts are awesome and you are an amazing thinspo to so many here :luv:

As for the survey...
1. how often do you come here? every day!
2. what are your favourite thread? I like discussions in the diet and food forums, skinny gossip confessions (one of the most heartbreaking and also inspiring threads here IMO), and perving on all the model threads :lol:
3. do you have a favourite section? Nope...
4. what is your routine/how do you browse through topics? I refresh 'new posts' continuously while I'm logged in.
5. anything you are not interested in? Workouts haha, anyone who knows me knows I'm not a gym or workout person....at all :nervous:
6. do you give karma/use to check yours? Sure, I give karma all the time, sometimes anonymously, sometimes not.
7. which users posts do you love most? Tough question, I do have favorites but I don't want to list some people, and leave others out...I'll just say that its not just the topics discussed but more so all the intelligent and funny comments that keep me coming back here (and of course straight up addiction lets not forget that :lol:)

Too often :nervous: I typically peek in to see if I have notifications or something each day when I check email and stuff, but I usually only hang around for a few minutes.

Tie between Miley Cyrus and Kate Upton. I'm heartless :twisted:

Takedowns hahah

Usually just click on the "New Posts" section and peruse

I tend to not look at the TV / Movie threads

Sure do!

@Serene with her uber-standards, I love it. Also Apple is amazing (obvs; not tagged because I told her this like yesterday), @Agytha has the best industry / skinny insights and @FashionThin kills me.

Reactions: 1 users
At least 6-7 times per day! Maybe more if I have the day off :) my iPhone makes it easily accessible so I'm on SG while in lectures :p

I really love any thread on models-- not just the model herself, but for example.. Model eat!, street style (my ultimate fav), models next to people, etc! I also love reading about success with certain diets, beauty products, celebs, etc!

Models or celebrities

I'm always going directly to "New posts" :) and browse from there

5. anything you are not interested in? Reverse thinspo just doesn't do it for me. Also, articles on fatties or anything to do with fatties. Absolutely no affect in me besides repulsion.

I don't really give much karma, but I should start :)

Aw, love them all. If your not a crazy (we all know who I'm talking about), a brat or are too sensitive, I enjoy reading everyone's post.
I particularly love Mary, Lee, Noones posts, classichic, the VIP's, bubba, Anastasia, and more! I just can't think at the moment.

1. how often do you come here? Everyday!
2. what are your favourite thread? Too many to name.
3. do you have a favourite section? I have a few. Starving Tips, Member Articles, Online, and Models.
4. what is your routine/how do you browse through topics? I go to my favorite sections or the New Posts link.
5. anything you are not interested in? Takedowns, Celebrities, Fashion Industry...
6. do you give karma/use to check yours? Sometimes I forget about it, although I try not to! I check mine every now and then because I love it when the giver includes her name and a cute little message.
7. which users posts do you love most? I pretty much like everyone's posts. ;) Although there are some members that clearly know all of the ins-and-outs of skinniness, and I admit to getting a bit excited every time I see their usernames in New Posts. :oops: And the No One posts of course. :lol: