Skinny-friendly YouTube

UneEtoile

Rising Star
Jul 3, 2019
So I stumbled upon this Korean youtuber who lost tons of weight and made a Q&A video in two parts about the whole process. I was so shocked to see how honest she was about her drastic methods. That led me to discover a bunch of Korean diet youtubers who make "What I eat in a day" type videos, but unlike western youtubers who try their best not to offend or fat-shame anyone, these girls are so motivated, brutally honest and inspiring.
Asians seriously have great discipline in anything they do, their mentality is amazing.

• Jizztastic
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
So I stumbled upon this Korean youtuber who lost tons of weight and made a Q&A video in two parts about the whole process. I was so shocked to see how honest she was about her drastic methods. That led me to discover a bunch of Korean diet youtubers who make "What I eat in a day" type videos, but unlike western youtubers who try their best not to offend or fat-shame anyone, these girls are so motivated, brutally honest and inspiring.
Asians seriously have great discipline in anything they do, their mentality is amazing.

Lmao I keep having to pause the first video because I relate so hard. Also the statement that she starts her video with--i.e. "yeah I'm sure some of the commenters 'know more than me about nutrition and dieting'" is my entire approach viz. how I feel about the American approach to dieting and their comments and questions to me 24/7. Please, stop making everything so difficult with IF or Keto or Paleo or whatever the new trend is. Just... eat less guys... you don't need to put so much energy into making tricks and spending the whole time trying to find ways to "lose weight while stuffing your face." Please, the whole fucking point is to eat less.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

Thank you for making this thread!! I've been watching these youtubers (a few that you posted, too, but I'm always glad to find more!) for a while now and I absolutely love this little corner of youtube. I like ÁFROM's videos a lot and I'm so happy most have subtitles!

I also like this girl who went from 55kg to 46kg in one month

But what's best about this little corner of youtube is that when you open one, the recommended list is just full of more and more of these brutally honest video :grin: The only downside is sometimes the foods they mention aren't available in my country :cry:

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

usually this series is so fake and overly conscious of critical commenters but I love how real Kelly is. explains why she looks so good at 49!

• Agree
Reactions: 8 users

usually this series is so fake and overly conscious of critical commenters but I love how real Kelly is. explains why she looks so good at 49!

“It takes too much effort to get ready, so I stay ready” is a fantastic approach to bodily consistency.

• Agree
  • Jizztastic
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

In this day and age in social media, I just love coming across sanity and honesty!

Reactions: 2 users

Firstly, I also love the mantra: it takes too long to get ready so I stay ready. I think this rings true no matter how old you are and in many areas of life. For me, I am beefing back up on my chinese language skills after having them sit dormant for a while, and it is way harder than if I had just done a little maintenance everyday.

But honestly, I would get bored of her diet. It's too monotonous for me. Plus, though they are a skinny staple, I hate conventional salads, and can only abide one salad a day at most

Thanks for making this thread! I love those korean weight loss videos, they are so calming :flower:

For those of you who are interested in strength training I can recommend Greg Doucette, who is a professional body builder. At first I thought he was a little annoying because he yells in a weird way, but then I found him quite entertaining as he is very honest and direct. He says himself that he "doesn't tell what people want to hear, he tells people what they need to hear". Another quote from him (which is my favorite) is "The average person looks like poop". In other words, he's not afraid of calling people obese, overweight or fat but at the same time he is not bullying them for being that, he's just stating a fact.

He maintains a very low body fat percentage and is disciplined, so here's a video in which he shares some tips

In this video he rants about people getting offended by Adele's weight loss rather than encouraging a healthier lifestyle. Those people who are overweight should be inspired of her weight loss instead of being upset and "thin shaming" her (even though she's not really thin, but you get it)

Reactions: 1 user

This bitch is obnoxious and hilarious. I have to admit she's mostly right.
If you want to skip to the best part start watching at 23:00 minutes :hahano:

• WTF
Reactions: 1 users

All her videos are basically reverse-lifespo (she's very cringey typical-college-student imo), but she apparently lost a good amount of weight since April and documented it in a very honest way. She isn't skinny, but at least average-slim now compared to how fat she was before.

All her videos are basically reverse-lifespo (she's very cringey typical-college-student imo), but she apparently lost a good amount of weight since April and documented it in a very honest way. She isn't skinny, but at least average-slim now compared to how fat she was before.

Youtube algorithm is pushing her so much too, she gets recommended to me daily. I watched a preview of one of her videos because I was piqued however I can't seem to like her - it's just something about her in-between all the whining, giving up, saying she's alright, starting over again and then spiraling that gets on my nerves. Just take one look at the thumbnails of her videos and you'll get the gist. Somewhat reminds me of Cassey Ho with less annoying voice.
The girl just needs to stop looking for validation online, put her phone/camera down and truly, peacefully work on herself.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
Youtube algorithm is pushing her so much too, she gets recommended to me daily. I watched a preview of one of her videos because I was piqued however I can't seem to like her - it's just something about her in-between all the whining, giving up, saying she's alright, starting over again and then spiraling that gets on my nerves. Just take one look at the thumbnails of her videos and you'll get the gist. Somewhat reminds me of Cassey Ho with less annoying voice.
The girl just needs to stop looking for validation online, put her phone/camera down and truly, peacefully work on herself.
Ugh I just finished watching the vid + some of her earlier ones and it's so irritating how she presents herself as an expert on life giving sage advice, while she's just an average college girl with below-average maturity and intelligence imo. At least Cassey Ho actually had some kind of background in fitness and wasn't pretending that she's on some kind of inspiring life journey while really not being that special. That being said, I'll probably continue to watch the series for reverse thinspo... but I might not even get that, since the commenters are triggered about her "promoting EDs" because... she lost weight. :mclap:

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
I love this topic! We all know these fake WIEIAD videos of models, exaggerating their food intake and pretending to exercise less just so that society is happy. But one of the first more honest videos I found regarding model diets, model weight loss was by Laura Mitt. And surprisingly the comments seem very embracing of the whole topic. I love how she mentions real numbers instead of pretending she weighs 60Kg as a model. She is not a famous one but she was the first model I've ever seen being honest about it all. She started at 58Kg 174cm, eventually got to 48Kg after the video as far as I have read, and that makes her 78/56/87.

And the second one who I found very interesting if you keep in mind that she is a "normal" person:
Jillicious Journey, who is not super skinny but in society's view, she'd be a bit too thin and used to be totally normal, and therefore I find her quite interesting aswell. She has a bunch of these videos but I'll just link the most popular one. What I like about her is how accentuated her collarbones and wrists are, and also a bit her face from time to time. She started at 70Kg and 174cm, got to 55Kg (at times she looked even thinner) - 85/62/89.
A critical view: her instagram is a lot about being wholesome and spiritual, and I don't want to tell anyone how to live, but to me, it seems like she is justifying tiny food servings by that. Her followers don't seem alarmed by that, which is rare as everybody loves to get involved with thin or skinny people's bodies and nutrition. Sometimes it feels very pushy how much food she posts, as if she was trying to say: See! I do eat. Maybe that's just my view. I hope she is well and not obsessed or suffering.

She never got SG skinny, but she's part of the unapologetic Korean youtube community who actually promote a decent attempt at self control.

Reactions: 3 users
Found another interesting one.
Here's a German model's "What I eat in a day". Unfortunately no subtitles but I wrote down the most important things. She is Anastasia Jovanovic / Ana Jovana, 1.80, signed with Select.
Measurements 80/58/90. I think she mentioned in a story on ig that she once weighed around 49kg but don't take it as a fact.

Usual routine for weight loss:
Aiming for ~1000cal.
Has a cheat day every once in a while.
Aimed nutritional style: Low carb, high protein, healthy fats, whole foods/clean eating.
Exercise is in another video but she does have a routine for that, too.
[Her food scale broke so she couldn't count exact calories]

Breakfast: --> ca. 176kcal
- Water with a spritz of lime juice instead of coffee OR tea (e.g. stinging nettle?)
- 150g soy yogurt, 5-10g vanilla protein powder, ~5g psyllium husks for fibre, fresh or frozen berries (depending on season): 100g strawberries, 30g blueberries, and 5g of burnt almonds cream on top as a treat

Lunch: --> 345kcal
(Intended to have 50% shiratake rice, 50% rice but didn't have the ingredients)
100g rice, carrot, tofu, zucchini, mushrooms, broccoli, onion, garlic, pak choi, sauce (tomato, nutritional yeast, cashews, salt, herbs), curry paste, chili peppers, tumeric,

Snack: 1 big piece of dark chocolate

Snack2: mini veggie sausage -->36kcal
(In general: tries to limit snacks to 200kcal per day, also recommends protein pudding, nuts. Likes Marabou chocolate a lot and 1-2 pieces are okay)

Snack3: cashews --> 57kcal

Dinner: rice salad --> 289kcal
Guacamole (avocado, small onion, lime juice, spices, herbs)
1 Tomato, celery, 1 cucumber, roasted pepper, shiratake rice (can also be real rice if no real rice has been eaten that day), "like meat" chicken style fried in olive oil, mushrooms, sesame seeds on top

Likes something "light" for dinner

That YouTube channel is of her and her model friend. If anyone is interested in what other videos are about, feel free to message me :)

Reactions: 6 users

She never got SG skinny, but she's part of the unapologetic Korean youtube community who actually promote a decent attempt at self control.

Do you have any more of these types of YTers? I love how no-nonsense the online Korean community is when it comes to weightloss.

I came across this girl last night while mindlessly browsing through YouTube and she piqued my interest since she’s one of the few English speaking weight loss youtubers that I’ve come across who openly state their stats and she’s a pretty decent weight even by our standards (103lb at 169cm).

She seems pretty no-nonsense from what I’ve watched so far and also tries a few different workout/diet trends to see if they’re effective and I like seeing the results on an already fairly skinny frame.

Reactions: 9 users

Not a weight loss channel, but I discovered this woman recently and find her quite aspirational - she’s not incredibly skinny but she has a nice body and clearly takes a sustainable approach to maintenance. I also like her general style, super polished and refined. She’s also living my ideal NYC life and includes a lot of clips of her cooking, not necessarily the healthiest food, but with good ingredients and in small portions. She’s also a fashion designer, so I’m sure she’s well aware of the importance of retaining a skinny figure ;)

• Agree
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

She’s young, but I watched all three videos she’s uploaded. She’s very beautiful in a commercial way, solid figure as well. I looked up her Instagram and it’s pretty popular but there’s no real model content outside of “look at my legs while a smoke a cigarette”. Probably in Milan for development