Skinny clothing?

K

kpatricia

Does anyone else have certain items in their wardrobe that they are saving for when they get skinny? For example, I have a few short-sleeved dresses that I wouldn't dream of wearing now:meh:, but I will when I'm thinner. And other things such as super-tight skinny jeans, tank tops, shorts etc. What about you?

Does anyone else have certain items in their wardrobe that they are saving for when they get skinny? For example, I have a few short-sleeved dresses that I wouldn't dream of wearing now:meh:, but I will when I'm thinner. And other things such as super-tight skinny jeans, tank tops, shorts etc. What about you?

I honestly expect that I will dress roughly the same at my goal weight as I do now, just in smaller sizes. My wardrobe is fairly boring (very functional/utilitarian), but it fits my life and I don't expect losing 14lbs more will effect all that much about the way I live day-to-day. Most of my clothes are fine and I don't feel much like my current weight deeply dictates my style choices.

With that said, I have some things that I only wear when I'm feeling particularly confident about my body (mostly dresses), and I think when I reach my goal weight I may be open to wearing a short skirt every now and again for the first time ever. Since I have to wear pants for work every day, skirts are a very rare occurrence for me, and I've never owned a shorter one in my adult life, so that could be fun.

Well I have a pair of jeans that once I can comfortably wear them, I'll know that I've arrived. Best feeling ever. Had these pants once that I bought and couldn't get into. Started dieting and soon enough, they were too loose. And yeah I get what you mean about the short sleeved dresses. Damn my fat arms!

I was considering using this as a motivational technique. If I bought clothes I want to wear, but can't fit into yet, I'll do anything I can to wear them. Hopefully this'll work and I'll look wonderful in my skinny clothes!

I definitely do. For Christmas this year my mom bought me two cute tank dresses and I can't wait to wear them when I lose 17 lbs. Right now my stomach looks too chubby in them. I also have some skinny jeans and tank tops (stomach pudge and flabby arms) that I can wear when I lose the weight as well. Great motivation!

I've got some short shorts and tight tanks that I'm waiting on, but I've actually been working on wearing nice things all the time. Obviously, getting things that fit, but dressing nice all the time instead of just saving for it when I'm skinny! Life is going by, I shouldn't just wait until I'm skinny to start living. :)

I have a new, fun pair of skinny jeans (silver metallic!) and they're too small to wear without hurting me so... Losing weight for them :)

Denim cut offs and a tiny white tank can only look good on super skinned. Gonna get some long wavy hair extensions too

I have a gorgeous brown casual dress that I bought myself as a reward for when I get to 115. It already fits, but I hate how tight it is on my great big butt! :oops: So I'm waiting to loose more from that area first.

Also, once I get to around 110 or 105 I want some white skinny jeans. I think they are so cute, but can only me pulled off by then legs. So when I get my thigh gap I will look into them.

Shorts and this tank top with a super low back. I know backs aren't a danger-zone, but I'd love to see my shoulderblades be very prominent.

And of course, the usual shorts and miniskirts.

I don't own one and I am too old to wear them any more but I would love to look good in a bikini. Due to pregnancy/birth complications I have excess skin on my stomach and it can only be resolved through plastic surgery.

I do, though some of them are just my clothes from when I was skinny :oops:

But I have a pair of blue shorts that I've bought as motivation.
The cashier was giving me "the look", you know "no way you're this size, wtf", but I didn't care. I'll be skinnier than her soon :cool:

I have a bunch of really nice, short dresses that I'd love to wear when I'm skinny :) They technically fit me now, but I look a bit frumpy and average in them. I'd love the confidence to wear heels all the time as well, so my legs actually look long (they are stumpy and short right now). :( And I'm a pear-shape, so wearing anything tight is a definite no. Hopefully that'll change as well :) Because I just love how anything can look good on a skinny person - your fashion tastes can broaden and any piece of clothing is pretty much available to us. :grin:

Today is actually the first day ever when my skinny jeans fit perfectly :luv:

Next up: a gray pencil skirt that has previously been worn higher up than was perhaps intended :eek: I can't wait for it to sit perfectly on my hips.

Reactions: 1 user
Well this doesn't have to do with me but I saw an older skinny in the store today, maybe almost 40. She looked awesome! She had tiny legs and was wearing black slouchy boots, olive nylons, and a upper thigh length black peacoat. I didn't see the front of her outfit so I don't know what the dress she was wearing looked like. Basically my point is I saw a true skinny and I can't say that happens often!

@Mementomoria congrats! :)
I have a pair of Levi's jeans that were loose at my LW but now I look kind of sausage-y in them - once they fit okay I'll know that I'm close (and start weighting myself again)

Last edited by a moderator:
black skinny jeans! they fit but I want them to fit perfectly and somehow loose especially on my hips and upper thighs

Those damn shorts.
Once I fit into them, I know for sure that I've achieved my UGW.
There is also a blue dress I'd like to fit into and only bought recently as a motivation. I think it's very important to have such garments in your wardrobe: you get a better grasp of how far you still have to go.