Skinny athletic/athleisure clothes

Can anyone speak to how Outdoor Voices fits? I’ve never tried on anything by them but I like the look of some of their stuff (although I think it’s only online?)

OV fits comfortably but is not the best for a true workout, in my opinion. I had one of these "kits" (their most well-known items) and the leggings were too thick to move around in, while the fabric was too stiff to maintain the elasticity needed for running or yoga. The top has held up well, though. They actually have a couple of stores in LA, NYC and other cities if you want to try on!

• Useful
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users
OV fits comfortably but is not the best for a true workout, in my opinion. I had one of these "kits" (their most well-known items) and the leggings were too thick to move around in, while the fabric was too stiff to maintain the elasticity needed for running or yoga. The top has held up well, though. They actually have a couple of stores in LA, NYC and other cities if you want to try on!

Ooh, the location they are opening in Flatiorn will be convenient - some of their tops look cute! Bummer about the leggings - I think some companies don’t really nail the “thick enough to keep you covered/thin enough you can move in them well” balance, unfortunately. It can be really hit or miss and so hard to tell what to expect on that when you order things online.

I'm really in love with alo leggings.. I've always had disproportionately long legs, so every pair becomes high waters. alo's Goddess fit is the only pair I've found that fits my waist and leg length without being oddly baggy somewhere else. I usually suffer with a lot of extra fabric at the inner thigh, but not with these. I abhor loose athletic wear.

Also I sometimes wear a binder instead of a sports bra and shirt.. I hate the feeling of a baggy top more than having no support at all. Even xs sports/ compression bras usually gap at my ribcage and children's aren't tight/ supportive enough.. This way I'm wearing one layer, I'm not gapping, and I'm not showing anything at the gym.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
I'm really in love with alo leggings.. I've always had disproportionately long legs, so every pair becomes high waters. alo's Goddess fit is the only pair I've found that fits my waist and leg length without being oddly baggy somewhere else. I usually suffer with a lot of extra fabric at the inner thigh, but not with these. I abhor loose athletic wear.

Also I sometimes wear a binder instead of a sports bra and shirt.. I hate the feeling of a baggy top more than having no support at all. Even xs sports/ compression bras usually gap at my ribcage and children's aren't tight/ supportive enough.. This way I'm wearing one layer, I'm not gapping, and I'm not showing anything at the gym.

The Alo goddess leggings were the ones I was thinking of earlier that would be great for girls with long legs! I’m short AF but I love my pair anyway. 😂

I’ve actually worn binders a few times myself for various things, but never really thought of them as workout attire for some reason. I definitely appreciate how they smooth out my chest when I’m trying to read as more masculine, but I also don’t think most here probably think of that sort of thing too often. I like the one you linked to, mine are more crop top styled and that might be more comfortable!

My favorite brand is Alo Yoga. I wear the smallest size, XXS, which despite being surprisingly "big" and not super tight fit my measuments really well. It doesn't fit loosely or look baggy on me, which I have found that a lot of athleisure brands like Nike does. I highly recommend their Aura short and Burn short. Super comfy yet flattering :luv: As for sport bras I like their Lush bra and Sunny Strappy bra because they look really good, but I'm very flat chested so I really don't have a say in how supporting they are lol. I also have a few pieces from Victoria sport from like 2017 that still look and fit good, I really liked their quality, but I can't say how their quality is now... and their current styles are pretty hideous, so I'd just go with Alo :whistling:

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users
Shop explicitly for running clothes! They're made to last through constant motion/friction and they usually have a compression element that keeps them from immediately becoming baggy. I never trust "lifestyle" brands.

I've personally had a lot of success with Nike and Oiselle. Even at my LW I had a rotating cast of Nike leggings that survived high mileage in the brutal midwestern winter and somehow still remained snug.

Shop explicitly for running clothes! They're made to last through constant motion/friction and they usually have a compression element that keeps them from immediately becoming baggy. I never trust "lifestyle" brands.

I've personally had a lot of success with Nike and Oiselle. Even at my LW I had a rotating cast of Nike leggings that survived high mileage in the brutal midwestern winter and somehow still remained snug.

Agreed, I’ve found Oiselle to be really good quality. They also make running shorts with a zippered pocket that can fit a phone and that is actually so hard to find.

I've found that lilybod has some really cute leggings too! very flattering + unique and slightly less expensive than lululemon/alo

I recommend ultracor, their leggings have super cute prints (love the gradient colors) and they are very comfortable for any workout, I wear the xs, and feels great, very good compression, the only downside is that they are quite expensive, but they are worth it!

Jo + Jax ... easy price point. Good quality... soft, flexible, breathable, comfortable, durable, fabric with great coverage... fits multiple body types well - without cutting in or creating creases, seams are smooth.
I wear an XS (5'9:32-24.5-34) but they also do an XXS.

I also like Bloch.

I am obsessed with these Women's Natural Run Form Tanks from Allbirds! I really didn't expect such an awesome workout top from them since they're typically known for their shoes, but I am so glad I gave these a shot. I bought two a month ago and now I think I need to get them in every color.

I have a 24" waist and the XS actually hugs it and has this flattering, lengthening effect on my torso. I think it would still be comfortably snug on smaller waists too! The straps are so comfortable, it looks amazing from the back, and it has a built-in shelf bra. I was also looking for a top that doesn't expose my midriff and this one is perfect; it stops right below my belly button and gives me complete coverage if I wear high-waisted shorts. Highly recommend!

1649804431137.png

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
I am obsessed with these Women's Natural Run Form Tanks from Allbirds! I really didn't expect such an awesome workout top from them since they're typically known for their shoes, but I am so glad I gave these a shot. I bought two a month ago and now I think I need to get them in every color.

I have a 24" waist and the XS actually hugs it and has this flattering, lengthening effect on my torso. I think it would still be comfortably snug on smaller waists too! The straps are so comfortable, it looks amazing from the back, and it has a built-in shelf bra. I was also looking for a top that doesn't expose my midriff and this one is perfect; it stops right below my belly button and gives me complete coverage if I wear high-waisted shorts. Highly recommend!

View attachment 124459
Thanks for sharing, I’ve been meaning to check out Allbirds! Do you find this top comfortable & breatheable? Sometimes if a fabric has a bit of wool in it I find it itchy, so I’m wondering if this feels soft & easy to move around in.

Thanks for sharing, I’ve been meaning to check out Allbirds! Do you find this top comfortable & breatheable? Sometimes if a fabric has a bit of wool in it I find it itchy, so I’m wondering if this feels soft & easy to move around in.
No problem! Yes, I definitely do. At first, I found it to be a little tight around my bust (32") but after one workout, it became entirely unnoticeable. It's such a form-fitting top, but it doesn't restrict movement or feel overly firm. I haven't experienced any irritation with the fabric, either. I think all the wool is on the outside, since the inside feels a lot softer.

Every time I wear it, my boyfriend says I "look fast" lol. Just a super slick, elongating fit!

I finally caved and got those Lululemon Groove Super-High-Rise Flared Pant Nulu leggings that have been taunting me since they were released! I got the size 0 in butternut brown and black for $98 a piece and they are just the softest, snuggest new additions to my WFH wardrobe. They have the highest waist I've ever worn, which was unusual at first but doesn't bother me now. They have a super long inseam (32"), so if you need to get them hemmed, they'll do that for you in-store and send them to your house for free! I've been wearing them all morning, and the compliments (and ass slaps) from the boyfriend just keep coming ;)

1651249406658.png

I’ve often been dissatisfied with activewear because I adore pilates and activity but the whole suburban America sporty lululemon look is, just personally speaking, very far from my natural habitat. Have found a few brands I adore though: Port de Bras activewear, Ernest Leoty, and Le Ore are gorgeous, comfortable to move in, and very well made. Would highly recommend anyone with similar proclivities to check them out. :luv:

• Love
  • Useful
Reactions: 8 users
I’ve often been dissatisfied with activewear because I adore pilates and activity but the whole suburban America sporty lululemon look is, just personally speaking, very far from my natural habitat. Have found a few brands I adore though: Port de Bras activewear, Ernest Leoty, and Le Ore are gorgeous, comfortable to move in, and very well made. Would highly recommend anyone with similar proclivities to check them out. :luv:
Would love to know if you have any favorite pieces! 💘

Would love to know if you have any favorite pieces! 💘
I only have the standard Andria bra in black and olive from Le Ore and have the Charlotte top, the Bubble top and quite a few leggings from Port de Bras—I like both brands a lot! The Charlotte top from PdB is similar to the Le Ore; the PdB is slightly nicer quality and fit but they're definitely comparable. The PdB sizing is also very skinny friendly, which I love.

My favorite for my activewear though is probably Ernest Leoty. I have almost all the tops from there and I really like the corset leggings too. The design is so much more my style than any Lulu stuff I've tried in the past though I believe there's not even that much of a price difference between the two. That being said I don’t think this brand is meant to be compressive at all, if you’re into that. For me I like the comfort, the quality and craftsmanship, and the design which makes feel so much more myself and more put together for café stopovers etc. en route to and from workout classes. I wish I'd discovered the brand sooner as it would have let me keep my activewear closet more minimal. I'd say the corset leggings and the Jade crop are my favorite go-to!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users