Skinny approved labels

Rock and republic is a good brand for longer jeans length. They fit pretty true to size as far as my experience goes, you can't really vanity size and lie about inches (well I guess you can, but a 25" waist is more consistent than 00) Anyways they are SUPER long, meaning I never ever need pants hemmed and I needed about 5 inches off the bottom. I'm a 34 inseam.

Rock and republic is a good brand for longer jeans length. They fit pretty true to size as far as my experience goes, you can't really vanity size and lie about inches (well I guess you can, but a 25" waist is more consistent than 00) Anyways they are SUPER long, meaning I never ever need pants hemmed and I needed about 5 inches off the bottom. I'm a 34 inseam.

I actually never got why pants are measured by waist and not by hips...

I have a 24 inch waist but I wear 26-27 pants because of my hips :nervous:

I actually never got why pants are measured by waist and not by hips...

I have a 24 inch waist but I wear 26-27 pants because of my hips

LOL well just another form of vanity sizing...would you rather buy a pair of pants that says 32/34, or WHATEVER your hips are, or a pair of low rise pants that say 24/ 25, whatever your waist is????

I believe that all stores should carry sample sizes ;) (of course they don't, but they should!)

Noooo! I think I'd have to have a bmi of 13 to maaaybe fit into a size 2 :wtf:

LOL well just another form of vanity sizing...would you rather buy a pair of pants that says 32/34, or WHATEVER your hips are, or a pair of low rise pants that say 24/ 25, whatever your waist is????

I just want to find a pair of pants that fits the way they should ): Everything is always really baggy on my legs and waist ):

I got a pair of jeans from H&M that fit surprisingly well, and didn't stretch out to be baggy after I wore them (like a lot of other jeans do) Also currently down to a size 2 at American eagle because they are vanity sizing now way too much, and I find some of their jeans stretch out too much and do not go back to proper shape after wearing and washing, they get too baggy in the thigh. (I am technically a SIZE 4, my wedding gown is a 4 which is pretty accurate I hope)

Has anyone here tried Pull and Bear clothing? According to online charts, the bottoms in size 4 seem to run small and size xs and s have small range. If anyone knows/has their stuff it would be great to find a new skinny approved label.

For any Canadian skinnies, LaSenza has 30 band bras at cheap prices :) Got two 30C bra's for 25$ each there ^^

Bumping this thread! :kiss:

I wonder if Mother Denim would have small sizes because of their collaboration with Freja :hmm:

Has anyone here tried Pull and Bear clothing? According to online charts, the bottoms in size 4 seem to run small and size xs and s have small range. If anyone knows/has their stuff it would be great to find a new skinny approved label.

It's crap for short people. Their XS fits in the right places but god the hems always end up in weird places that make me look oddly-proportioned.

Zara has quite small sizes, I think it goes as low as a 32 (eu) which is a size 2 US I think...? But I think even that would be too big for the super skinnies here! Actually, have any of you tried zara's clothes and have thoughts on the sizes?

Zara has quite small sizes, I think it goes as low as a 32 (eu) which is a size 2 US I think...? But I think even that would be too big for the super skinnies here! Actually, have any of you tried zara's clothes and have thoughts on the sizes?

I think Zara is smaller than most stores. But it's still big especially their bottoms (if you're comparing to Hollister, J Brand and Uniqlo). However, I love Zara and have a ton of stuff from there which I have usually taken in from the adult clothing. They also do great children's stuff if you're petite. A lot of what they have in women's they also have in girls like certain blazers and trousers which is good so it doesn't look as though we're wearing kids clothes. It's the most fashionable children's clothing in my opinion. Also, really cheap too.

UO jeans - the brand BDG is pretty reliable. I have a number of 34" inseam pants from them, and their sizing is honest. I have a 25 inch waist, I wear size 25 jeans in their brand.

Frame jeans are good too - I just got a size 24 in their skinny fit and they actually *are* 24 inches around the waist!

I'm a short person, but I have wide hips. I think a lot of stores vanity size the crap out of things. I should wear like a size 6 in jeans at the very least imo. I can fit into Wet Seal size 1 - 3's no problem, no muffin top, no tummy pudge or anything. Pffft.
I hate jeans though.
And XS or S tops at places like Charlotte Russe or F21 are just dumb. They are always falling off me. Who are they trying to make feel better about themselves? Cause it's making it hard for me to shop for even the most basic, cheap shirts lately.

I'm a short person, but I have wide hips. I think a lot of stores vanity size the crap out of things. I should wear like a size 6 in jeans at the very least imo. I can fit into Wet Seal size 1 - 3's no problem, no muffin top, no tummy pudge or anything. Pffft.
I hate jeans though.
And XS or S tops at places like Charlotte Russe or F21 are just dumb. They are always falling off me. Who are they trying to make feel better about themselves? Cause it's making it hard for me to shop for even the most basic, cheap shirts lately.

I do most of my clothes shopping in the US (cheaper and better quality than in my country) and I swear, the last two or three times I went there, I came back with baggy clothes. I still buy the clothes because it's cute and I figure, okay baggy is trendy now:wtf: And then everything looks like it's 4 sizes to big. Except for pants and skirts. I am heavy bottomed:spazrun:

I worked in Zara for a long time and their smallest sizes fit most of the models we'd have coming to the store (there are lots that did where I worked). The dresses and things fit a bit big but if you go into the Trf line (trafaluc) everything is sized even smaller so you can definitely find things there!

I also used to work in Benetton, and even though the ladies' clothes were made for dumpy baby-factory fatties with no waist and huge hips I got some really cute skirts (lots of plaid) in the girls' section!

I think Zara is smaller than most stores. But it's still big especially their bottoms (if you're comparing to Hollister, J Brand and Uniqlo). However, I love Zara and have a ton of stuff from there which I have usually taken in from the adult clothing. They also do great children's stuff if you're petite. A lot of what they have in women's they also have in girls like certain blazers and trousers which is good so it doesn't look as though we're wearing kids clothes. It's the most fashionable children's clothing in my opinion. Also, really cheap too.

I'm 5'9" and their kids stuff is a little big on me! I don't know what that says about me and/ or the sizing there... :nervous: but I'd look at it for sure! The kids stuff is so cute and cheap!