Skinny approved labels

Wow this makes me feel huge. I have a couple of kid clothing from Zara and they fit fine (haven't been altered or anything). I think they're for ages 8 or 9-10 years old. When shopping in the kids section the rule is avoid the two largest sizes just because they generally tend to be larger than the smallest adult clothing,
I didn't know that before. I ordered a size 14 shirt thinking it would fit 14 year old me... and it was so big. I think it was like a size M adult. Same goes for a skirt I ordered. Returned everything. :(

ETA: H&M size 8 fits perfectly though, albeit all shirts become crop tops. :p

This is a great thread! Some of these places aren't too expensive, which is nice for a broke college student who's used to buying jeans in the kids' section at Target xD

I have to have a 00 for American Eagle jeans now. Maybe even 000, if such a thing existed. My 0 ones don't even have to be unbuttoned for me to pull down. I'm also gifting my size 25 Miss Me jeans, as the 24 fits perfectly and comfortable, so I'd recommend Miss Me, though they are expensive. So worth the price though. I love bling, bling.

Reactions: 1 user
at least for dresses, free people is AWESOME!
haven't tried their other clothes so not sure

For jeans, I found that J Brand is the best!! A little pricey - but it's worth every penny. I prefer the Super Skinny style. They are extremely comfortable and they really contour to your body. People always ask me why I wear jeans every day rather than leggings. They have obviously never felt the softness and confines of J brand.

For jeans, I found that J Brand is the best!! A little pricey - but it's worth every penny. I prefer the Super Skinny style. They are extremely comfortable and they really contour to your body. People always ask me why I wear jeans every day rather than leggings. They have obviously never felt the softness and confines of J brand.

I tried a pair on once, and I did really like them quality wise, however on me they were definitely too short - I think this is a brand some taller girls on here like me may have issues with.

I tried a pair on once, and I did really like them quality wise, however on me they were definitely too short - I think this is a brand some taller girls on here like me may have issues with.
Yeah I do agree on that. I'm 5'6" (not tall) and some of the styles even come short on me! You definitely have to try them on and find a style that works for you. I like the Maria's :)

I actually disagree with J brands - every single pair I've tried comes larger than hollister (width wise). For me at least I wouldn't recommend it because then you have to pay to make them shorter..if you're petitle like me.
They're nice through on taller girls.

I actually disagree with J brands - every single pair I've tried comes larger than hollister (width wise). For me at least I wouldn't recommend it because then you have to pay to make them shorter..if you're petitle like me.
They're nice through on taller girls.
Are you talking about the inseam / length of the jeans or the width of the waist? Sorry I got confused :wtf:

at least for dresses, free people is AWESOME!
haven't tried their other clothes so not sure

I feel like their sizing runs a bit big, but I may be ordering the wrong size to be honest. I find the sizing in my country to be very different from the US. But I LOVE their clothes so much. Their dresses are great :)

I feel like their sizing runs a bit big, but I may be ordering the wrong size to be honest. I find the sizing in my country to be very different from the US. But I LOVE their clothes so much. Their dresses are great :)

I think thats supposed to be their look like flowy and bigger, but honestly I'm always swimming in all their clothes so I think they run big too.

I think thats supposed to be their look like flowy and bigger, but honestly I'm always swimming in all their clothes so I think they run big too.
Yea sorry I should have came back to correct this post. Their bodycon dresses I think fit ok? I was way bigger when I write the post....:orly: Sorry to mislead. But I completely agree that most clothes including dresses are way big....

I'm a 0 in Loft pants but there's no I'd say I'm actually somewhere between a 2 and a 4. They're definitely vanity sized. BUT their dress pants are pretty long so there's that.
Topshop sizing is unreliable I've found, especially in bottoms.