Skinny approved labels

Any Australian skinnies here with recommended Australian labels? Please.

I LOVE Zimmermann but their 0 often requires tailoring which will end up costing too much.

I actually think Topshop is quite big. They vary a lot in some of the clothing and their bottoms are big. Try uniqlo, they're smaller than Topshop :) For high end stuff try J brand but personally I find J brand pretty big.

Uniqlo - good to know, thank you. I only tend to go in there to buy my husband jeans & hoodies. It would be good to have my wardrobe consist of something OTHER than Topshop, especially as I've recently tended to just buy whatever fits in a quick supermarket sweep of the petite section in the big Oxford Circus branch.

Aeropostale does 000 jeans according to their online chart waist 22 1/2 and hips 32 1/2. They do deliver to the UK so I'm assuming they would also deliver to rest of Europe too. Plus really dirt cheap.

So bummed I didn't check it out while I was there so I'd have to pay taxes and duties so any of you know it's good for skinnies, I might order one or two.

Any Australian skinnies here with recommended Australian labels? Please.

I LOVE Zimmermann but their 0 often requires tailoring which will end up costing too much.

I find the smallest sizes at Scanlan and Theodore to be alright, depending on the cut. Jigsaw samples are usually small as well, but harder to find. I feel like most of the aussie labels (eg Cue etc) need to go down another size or two at least! I often wait for the sales and then get them tailored at a place near me that's pretty cheap but reliable, it usually works out to be the same price as it was before the sale :/

'Teenage' stores always have small sizes, but not really my style or suitable for work... anyone else have any Australian reccomendations? I like supporting local fashion labels but it's hard when they don't make my size :(

It will probably still be too big. I swim in their smallest sizes now.

In the meantime, we’ve all gotten used to the idea of a size zero—and thanks to vanity sizing more of us can fit into one. Even the double zero doesn’t look as strange as it used to. So who knows, maybe sizes will keep creeping into the negative side of the number line and we’ll all be some kind of zero.

Yes that's what the world needs, more fatties who think they're skinny :nopity:

Sorry if a repost.

Are you a six at Gap but eight at H&M? A look at just how much jeans sizing differs among the top 25 mainstream retailers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...s-sizing-differs-25-mainstream-retailers.html

Source: DailyMail
4tRx1oM.png

Anyone notice that underwear is getting larger? I used to be a M at Aerie, and I had a few smalls that were too tight... Now I wear XS and they're the same size as my old smalls???

Anyone notice that underwear is getting larger? I used to be a M at Aerie, and I had a few smalls that were too tight... Now I wear XS and they're the same size as my old smalls???

Oh probably, vanity sizing is everywhere.
Also have you noticed the models they use in there posters now for Aerie and American Eagle?
They're huge :superpuke:
I know they want to encourage the whole "healthy body, be confident in yourself" vibe, but when I see thick thighs and a harry bloated stomach girl modeling your underwear... I'm not motivated to go in your store and buy your product!

Also have you noticed the models they use in there posters now for Aerie and American Eagle?
I know they want to encourage the whole "healthy body, be confident in yourself" vibe, but when I see thick thighs and a harry bloated stomach girl modeling your underwear... I'm not motivated to go in your store and buy your product!

I actually don't mind the models xD Their general audience is teenage girls, and young girls are usually terribly self conscious, so I'm sure that seeing models that look more like them is a big boost to self esteem.
If it was a fine lingerie store, then I'd be grossed out.

Reactions: 1 user
I actually don't mind the models xD Their general audience is teenage girls, and young girls are usually terribly self conscious, so I'm sure that seeing models that look more like them is a big boost to self esteem.
If it was a fine lingerie store, then I'd be grossed out.

Good point! I guess I am beyond the target demographic for those stores. :oops:

I think it was Aerie where they used average girls and there's no photoshop. I actually liked it. Just because their target was teenage girls. But yeah their underwears are huge. We went in and we didn't find anything our size. Regards to underwear though I find the US smaller than UK just because you guys have stores targeting teenage girls whereas with our stores once we hit 16 it's like now wear XXL underwears.

I'm 5'9" and their kids stuff is a little big on me! I don't know what that says about me and/ or the sizing there... :nervous: but I'd look at it for sure! The kids stuff is so cute and cheap!

Wow this makes me feel huge. I have a couple of kid clothing from Zara and they fit fine (haven't been altered or anything). I think they're for ages 8 or 9-10 years old. When shopping in the kids section the rule is avoid the two largest sizes just because they generally tend to be larger than the smallest adult clothing,