Size 0?

S

Samira

Hey American Gurls, I need your help!

So, my UK size 6 jeans are getting a little loose :cool: I haven't lost any weight but evidently my weightlifting is paying off!

Unfortunately, size 6 is the smallest UK size outside of petites. I'm far too tall to wear *anything* petite.

So, my question is: can I order size 0 tops, skirts and jeans online for myself? Would I fit them? What brands are good? Am I a size 0?

My measurements are in my sig. Any online stores that ship to the UK would also help.

Thanks so much! :luv:

In the online section, I've posted a website that tells you what sizes you are in UK and US stores based on your measurements. Right now my system lags a bit so looking the link is a bit frustrating for me, but you should be able to find it easily.

Some shops like Topshop do a size 4 which is a US size 0. You probably already know this so it might not help :)

I would first go into a certain UK stores and see if you can fit into their stuff and then order from the US. I've ordered a few things from the US but I know their sizing well and you are taking a risk. As well as paying the extra delivery charges you need to pay customs on top of that.

I reckon you are a size 0 but to double check first try a few in the UK.

I'd recommend going to these stores first and see if you can fit into their stuff before ordering
Go to abercrombie and Hollister and see if you can try their size 0 and 00 stuff.
Reiss does size 4 (size 0).
Zara does size 34/ xs
I think Banana Republic does size 0 here too
Go to Selfridges and try the high end brand jeans which run in really small sizes.

Hope that helps.

So, my UK size 6 jeans are getting a little loose :cool: I haven't lost any weight but evidently my weightlifting is paying off!

Unrelated to your questions but I have to give you snaps for this one!! Kudos for adding weight lifting into your regimen! Progress in this case looks "bad" on the scale but amazing on the body!

As far as ordering from American brands, every website has a size chart. I would start by going to the sites that carry the clothes that appeal to me and taking a peek at their size chart. It will tell you the measurements they follow for different sizes. You'll probably be different sizes for different brands since there is no standard guideline that they follow. Good luck, girl!!

I would first go into a certain UK stores and see if you can fit into their stuff and then order from the US. I've ordered a few things from the US but I know their sizing well and you are taking a risk. As well as paying the extra delivery charges you need to pay customs on top of that.

I reckon you are a size 0 but to double check first try a few in the UK.

I'd recommend going to these stores first and see if you can fit into their stuff before ordering
Go to abercrombie and Hollister and see if you can try their size 0 and 00 stuff.
Reiss does size 4 (size 0).
Zara does size 34/ xs
I think Banana Republic does size 0 here too
Go to Selfridges and try the high end brand jeans which run in really small sizes.

Hope that helps.
Banana Republic size 0 is a fat size. I fit in 0 and I am nowhere even close. At least it's better than its sister store The Gap - I fit in a 00 there LOL

American sizing is all lies.

Topshop has a true to size "0" - you could order from there.

Generally, in the US, size 0 is supposed to be 24 inches, but some stores make 25 0 and 24 00. BTW, when I was 14, a 25 inch waist was a size 4/5, lol. 23 was 0 back then - I have no idea when this changed.

Samira you should try ebay, if they don't list exact measurements you can always ask the seller. Sometimes sizes will vary even if it's the same brand and same size. I've bought new with tags and almost brand new clothes from there and I've only had problems with sizing when I really like something and forget to ask measurements before buying. If you don't like ebay just order directly from the store's websites, check their measurement charts, and hope it fits well.

My favorite brands are Hollister, A&F, Aeropostale, American Eagle, Express, Gap, Forever 21, and Wetseal. Wetseal's size 00 is the tightest out of all the size 00's (skinny jeans). So be careful their size 0 might be very tight as well. I would recommend that you start with size 0 and 1's.
I know Hollister and A&F don't ship to the UK for some reason, you'll have to check which websites/sellers do. Hope that helps ;)
xo