Silver Linings Playbook

Wiggenweld

Rookie
Feb 29, 2012
Alberta, Canada
I recently saw this movie, and I have to say that I really liked it. I know Jennifer Lawence isn't really that popular here, but I like her and I'll go see anything that has Bradley Cooper in it :oops: What did other people think of it?

I think no one is discrediting Jennifer Lawrence' acting skills but look-wise, Nina Dobrev compensates for Lawrence. She looks great!

I just saw the trailer for the film in the cinema. It'll be here soon (with Dutch subtitles :p). It looked very promising! I also recognised Jennifer, but I heard she was actually quite good in this movie and I have nothing against her. Sorry if this sounds silly, but which mental disease did the male lead actually have? :oops: Borderline?

Loved it and related to it in a lot of ways. I liked that it was a more funny in some ways approach to mental health issues, but it still took them seriously. JLAw may not be all that in the body department but the girl has talent.

I just saw the trailer for the film in the cinema. It'll be here soon (with Dutch subtitles :p). It looked very promising! I also recognised Jennifer, but I heard she was actually quite good in this movie and I have nothing against her. Sorry if this sounds silly, but which mental disease did the male lead actually have? :oops: Borderline?

He's bipolar :)

I saw this a few days ago....mixed feelings. I don't get the Jennifer Lawrence 'thing' or why she got an Oscar for this, her appearance and acting do nothing for me. But heck that opinion of mine is obviously in the minority. As for the mental health issues aspect, well I'll agree there were some funny bits (the klonopin joke was alright), but over all it didn't seem like a serious effort to explore any of the real issues. A very establishment-happy plotline that didn't delve into any of the coercive/dysfunctional aspects of the mental health 'institution'. But then I suppose that was not the point of the movie, plus its rather mainstream and all that so what did I expect anyway. Meh.

Ah I love this movie. I'm also obsessed with Jennifer Lawrence (acting-wise). I re-watched it last night and just though... hmm this gives me hope that one day, someone will put up with my crazy ass.

I enjoyed this movie. I don't understand all of the hype about it, but there were some scenes that stood out. Overall I liked it!