Should I buy it?

So, I work in a pretty fancy restaurant and I’m a hostess. We have to wear all black, but I just recently found out we’re allowed to wear dresses (especially because the weather is getting so much warmer here.)

I realllllly love this dress:
View attachment 127050
View attachment 127051

But my goal is to save my money to buy a new MacBook for college, I currently have a MacBook Air from 2017 but I want a faster one with more storage for when I go away this fall. The dress is about $90 so not bad, but I just don’t know if I should… I really love it though:luv: and I’d definitely get good usage out of it. Help would be much appreciated!
Sort of off topic but in regards to your laptop, you can get refurbished macbooks online for really good prices, especially if you trade in your old one. If you want more storage and speed, upgrading to even a 2019 or 2020 macbook pro would definitely do that, since the airs are pretty sparse storage-wise.

I got my pro used recently from this website and no complaints so far! https://www.backmarket.com/refurbished-macbook-pro.html

Where is it from? It’s so gorgeous!
Thank you so much, isn’t it!? It’s from Free People, and it’s called the Summer Picnic Mini.
You can always keep saving for the Mac! But I don’t think $90 would hurt the savings as much considering a new Mac is usually around $1500.
This is very true and I definitely agree. I was trying my hardest to not spend any of my money on anything else to get to my goal quicker, especially since I really want the newest Mac and that one’s *starting* price is $2000 :run: but I honestly can’t help it! I really want a dress for work and it doesn’t hurt that it’s so cute too- not to mention the versatility!
But again, I am one of the most impulsive buyers :whistling:
Oh my gosh, don’t worry, I am as well! It’s something I really have to work on, although having this goal has definitely helped. That’s why I took to this thread before just going ahead and buying it! Thank you so much for your reply, I really appreciate it. I think I will get it :luvluv:

Sort of off topic but in regards to your laptop, you can get refurbished macbooks online for really good prices, especially if you trade in your old one. If you want more storage and speed, upgrading to even a 2019 or 2020 macbook pro would definitely do that, since the airs are pretty sparse storage-wise.

I got my pro used recently from this website and no complaints so far! https://www.backmarket.com/refurbished-macbook-pro.html
Not off topic at all, I appreciate this tremendously!!! I actually recently went to the apple store and I believe the trade in value on my current one is just below $180, I can’t believe how quickly they decrease in value. This is so incredibly helpful and I will definitely check out that website, and most likely purchase my new one from there. Thank you again, so so so much!!!

Reactions: 1 users
So I’m currently sick and confined to bed, & therefore doing some online window shopping. Could use some advice since this fever is probably affecting me!

I’m obsessed with this Nashville-based store that sells graphic tees and some other things I like. This is on sale for $48:
7BB0B8E7-FF63-441F-99DB-5742DD4284C3.jpeg

I’m also obsessed with the jewelry store Catbird and have had my eye on this earring, but I’m not sure if I should save up for something else instead:

FC32DB0D-62EB-44E7-A255-C6422881018A.jpeg

Anddd this dress is expensive but I like its structure — if it doesn’t fit, I can’t return it, but I could resell it on Poshmark or something:

37774CD5-F76E-48EB-AEC7-177A8BD6DBB5.jpeg

For what it’s worth, these are currently my dream boots. It would take months to save up for them but in my humble opinion they are gorgeous (and only, uhh, like $680 dollars — I cannot afford these right now haha):

711E774B-7F03-48D4-98B7-938FA89C4159.jpeg

That’s it for now. I’d like to buy one thing so I can have something to look forward to, but I can also see the value in trying to save up for a bigger purchase, like the boots. Feeling a bit stir crazy; any input is appreciated.🖤

So I’m currently sick and confined to bed, & therefore doing some online window shopping. Could use some advice since this fever is probably affecting me!

I’m obsessed with this Nashville-based store that sells graphic tees and some other things I like. This is on sale for $48:View attachment 128501

I’m also obsessed with the jewelry store Catbird and have had my eye on this earring, but I’m not sure if I should save up for something else instead:

View attachment 128502

Anddd this dress is expensive but I like its structure — if it doesn’t fit, I can’t return it, but I could resell it on Poshmark or something:

View attachment 128503

For what it’s worth, these are currently my dream boots. It would take months to save up for them but in my humble opinion they are gorgeous (and only, uhh, like $680 dollars — I cannot afford these right now haha):

View attachment 128504

That’s it for now. I’d like to buy one thing so I can have something to look forward to, but I can also see the value in trying to save up for a bigger purchase, like the boots. Feeling a bit stir crazy; any input is appreciated.🖤
Personally, I would probably save up until I can buy the boots and maybe make a small purchase right now, so you can look forward to someone while you're in bed sick! Hope you get better soon 💓 I think the earrings are cute, so those might be an option. The dress could definitely be a wardrobe staple, but it's the sort of dress I would go and try on before buying it. Also, it's pretty and it's MM, but to be honest I feel like there are similar dresses that cost much less without having to sacrifice much in terms of quality.

• Agree
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Back in one of my favorite threads (mostly bc my decision making skills aren’t great and also because I looove to say I’m going to save my money and then spend it anyway) so! I need some advice.

I’ve never bought a dress from Reformation, therefore if anyone here has I’d love to know what you thought. I’m between these two dresses which are both very expensive, and I’d love to buy them both but for now I’m starting with one.
19BCE3D9-2F9B-446C-B21D-3FC34B63320A.jpeg

CC197249-F94D-4596-A2C5-6980BB049E22.jpeg

Also not sure if I want to buy the original Chance by Chanel perfume or Chance Eau Tendre. Any help and insight is appreciated, as always!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Back in one of my favorite threads (mostly bc my decision making skills aren’t great and also because I looove to say I’m going to save my money and then spend it anyway) so! I need some advice.

I’ve never bought a dress from Reformation, therefore if anyone here has I’d love to know what you thought. I’m between these two dresses which are both very expensive, and I’d love to buy them both but for now I’m starting with one.
View attachment 129157
View attachment 129158

Also not sure if I want to buy the original Chance by Chanel perfume or Chance Eau Tendre. Any help and insight is appreciated, as always!
I just bought the first one myself in green! I highly recommend you get the first because the second one's material is deceiving. It's soft and feels synthetic. I don't know if you've been to a Reformation store before but if you have, you'll know the material type I'm referring to. It photographs well but isn't comfortable and looks cheap in real life. The first dress however is made out of a cotton/linen like fabric so it looks expensive and is comfortable!

Reactions: 1 user
I highly recommend you get the first because the second one's material is deceiving.
Oh no, I didn’t know that! I just bought the second one about an hour ago… I suppose I can always return it if it’s not really to my liking. But thank you so much for this! I have never been to one of their actual stores before either so I’m a total ref virgin, lol.
And I’m sure the green one looks absolutely fabulous on you, I actually was between the green and the white because they both look stunning. I guess I now know what I’m buying next ;)

• Love
Is anyone thinking of getting anything from the new Phoebe Philo A1?

Is anyone thinking of getting anything from the new Phoebe Philo A1?

I looked at their website and there were a few thing that cought my attention, so now I'm thinking on buying some of their pieces:
Screenshot_20231101_210222_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231101_210352_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231101_205948_Chrome.jpg

What do you think about these items and what are your favorite items on the website?

I looked at their website and there were a few thing that cought my attention, so now I'm thinking on buying some of their pieces:
View attachment 146687
View attachment 146688
View attachment 146689
What do you think about these items and what are your favorite items on the website?
I was considering the handcombed skirt in white as I was betting the worksmanship was good but on second thoughts reconsidered.

Honestly somewhat disappointed in this launch very personally speaking, though several of my friends supposedly adore it. :nervous: Especially because I felt so favorably towards her that I was so ready and willing to be interested. The zipper trousers and the ‘mum’ necklace in particular had me rolling my eyes. For me it struck me as what would happen if Catherine Holstein tried to make a Philo-esque moodboard…

I’m considering this dress atm. Just an FYI, I’m a redhead so florals tend to either make me look like a couch or liven me depending on the colour palette.

What do you ladies think? I’m rather impulsive if I like something. Sometimes I’m not even fond of what I buy when I try it - especially when it comes to neutrals because they look dull on my skin. So, I think this thread is a lovely way of weeding that impulse out before I buy things, lol.

Attachments

• 16B4A7FA-6F54-4845-9B4D-C91A7EA49795.png
    16B4A7FA-6F54-4845-9B4D-C91A7EA49795.png
    714.8 KB · Views: 139
I’m considering this dress atm. Just an FYI, I’m a redhead so florals tend to either make me look like a couch or liven me depending on the colour palette.

What do you ladies think? I’m rather impulsive if I like something. Sometimes I’m not even fond of what I buy when I try it - especially when it comes to neutrals because they look dull on my skin. So, I think this thread is a lovely way of weeding that impulse out before I buy things, lol.
I think it depends who its by, what material it is et cetera. Personally I'm not a fan but I think if it was well made then someone might be able to carry it off and more importantly it might look better in motion!

(Personally speaking while the print and the fact that it's a dress seems to be striving for a summery lightness the whole feel of the dress material looks quite cloying, and indeed somewhat couch like.)

• Agree
I think it depends who its by, what material it is et cetera. Personally I'm not a fan but I think if it was well made then someone might be able to carry it off and more importantly it might look better in motion!

(Personally speaking while the print and the fact that it's a dress seems to be striving for a summery lightness the whole feel of the dress material looks quite cloying, and indeed somewhat couch like.)
Thank you for the input! I really appreciate it. I tend to commit way too quickly and you pose some really great points. :).

It’s Emilia Wickstead - I’ve never purchased anything by them before so I’ll admit I’m rather curious, but yeah. The material seems to counteract the style of the dress as you mentioned.

I'm the type of person who loves preparing weeks to months in advance, so I'm already contemplating what I should wear when I go to the Côte d'Azur this summer. For context, I'm in the process of learning how to swim so I don't own any swimwear apart from my one piece that I wear to lessons, but I would really like some nice bikinis to wear.

I spotted this one from a brand called Same Los Angeles. The bikini top is the exact style that I want and love the contrast, but at £120, the price is a bit steep for me, especially as the UK only has decent weather at a maximum of 3 months in the year. I don't really know what to look for when picking out quality swimwear, so I hope you lovely ladies can help me out. The bikini is comprised of 90% polyester and 10% Spandex. Is it worth buying?

IMG_20240125_160950.jpg
IMG_20240125_162054.jpg

• Love
I’ll be working at a Christian summer camp this summer and one of their policies is modesty— no crop tops, short shorts, or bikinis. Unfortunately, these make up the entirety of my summer wardrobe… :run: Oops.
Well, admittedly I’m not the best Christian role model… But I do get to buy myself lots of new clothes :twisted: I’m looking for a bit of advice on the pieces I’ve picked out because I’m not 100% sure what’s “in” with tweens-young teens right now and I want to dress in a way that seems familiar and trustworthy to them as a counselor. Here are some of the things I picked out!

From Free People Movement:
IMG_0599.jpeg
IMG_0598.jpeg
IMG_0600.jpeg

IMG_0601.jpeg
IMG_0602.jpeg

From alo:
IMG_0603.jpeg

IMG_0604.jpeg

Do all of these seem reasonable? I think they’re pretty cute but I also don’t want to look out of place.

Reactions: 2 users