Should I buy it?

So...I very impulsively (and quite strongly) wish to have my pants match my hair (OK not really, just the ombre part, not the metallic; fwiw username checks out and I do have way too many colorful/shiny articles of clothing :hahano:). Black-to-silver jeans--which one, or neither?
Option A:
1582946574178.png

Option B (which I'd be inclined to wear with very much a boyfriend fit, ie, baggier than on the model):
1582946642671.png

Or do they both suck/are way too trendy, and I'm really just being an impulsive brat? I've been eyeing them for a while, and I *think* I'd get enough wears out of them to justify the end-of-season discounted price...? Ugh. Halp pls?

So...I very impulsively (and quite strongly) wish to have my pants match my hair (OK not really, just the ombre part, not the metallic; fwiw username checks out and I do have way too many colorful/shiny articles of clothing :hahano:). Black-to-silver jeans--which one, or neither?
Option A:
View attachment 72422
Option B (which I'd be inclined to wear with very much a boyfriend fit, ie, baggier than on the model):
View attachment 72423

Or do they both suck/are way too trendy, and I'm really just being an impulsive brat? I've been eyeing them for a while, and I *think* I'd get enough wears out of them to justify the end-of-season discounted price...? Ugh. Halp pls?
I like the fade of the first pair, it's a more gradual ombre; but in my opinion, the fit in conjunction with the crop is a little awkward. Also, I can't tell if the denim is matte or wicked? Not a huge fan of the wicked look unless it's actual leather. Ultimately, I wouldn't wear either but I like the second pair more.

• Agree
Reactions: 8 users
I have been in search of asymmetry lately ever since I realized that my wardrobe's weakness was its lack of interesting
geometry. I found this super cool vest thing but am hesitant to buy it because every piece in my closet fulfills a functional purpose as well as a style one, whereas this is really just style. Curious about your takes on this really unique piece!

barbara gongini.jpg

barbara gongini2.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
I have been in search of asymmetry lately ever since I realized that my wardrobe's weakness was its lack of interesting
geometry. I found this super cool vest thing but am hesitant to buy it because every piece in my closet fulfills a functional purpose as well as a style one, whereas this is really just style. Curious about your takes on this really unique piece!

View attachment 83931
View attachment 83932

I vote YES! I am a fan of unique pieces like this; I think they can really elevate an outfit. Whilst yes, it is "just style", I think it is quite versatile and could be worn in a variety of ways, eg. with a dress like the model in the photo, with a leather mini-skirt, leather pants, jeans...Personally, I would buy it.

Btw, is the piece Acne Studios by any chance? The shoes that the model is wearing look exactly like a pair of backless Acne Studios heels that I own...

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone have the Dyson Airwrap? It looks magical but is it worth $550? Has money lost all meaning in my increasingly frantic quest to fill the quarantine void?

Does anyone have the Dyson Airwrap? It looks magical but is it worth $550? Has money lost all meaning in my increasingly frantic quest to fill the quarantine void?

I have the dryer and the airwrap, which I got screwed on because I bought the dryer when it came out so didn't get the slight price benefit that I'm pretty sure you get when you buy them together.
It works well and is very easy and quick, especially if you have long, thick hair. If you have especially long hair you might have some trouble fitting it all on the curler. I love mine, is is worth 500$? No, but if you have the flexibility it will save you time and deliver a salon-quality blowout much faster, and with drybar being closed......

Reactions: 1 users
Thinking of buying this pair:
Screenshot_20200626_131902.jpg

The only reason Im sceptical is because I don't actually need them, I just really REALLY love them. 😅❤️ Yay or nay?

Thinking of buying this pair:
View attachment 84819

The only reason Im sceptical is because I don't actually need them, I just really REALLY love them. 😅❤ Yay or nay?
I'm personally not the biggest fan, they don't look well made (the seam at the toe is separating/visible even in this picture). Not sure where they're from but the design also kind of screams fast fashion to me, like Boohoo or something. If you're looking for block heels that are still affordable, I would go for something a little more classic and delicate like these Maddens.
1594244308565.png

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users
hmgoepprod (1).jpg
hmgoepprod (2).jpg

I love the details here, the color, the length and the fact that I can cinch my waist however I please.
hm.jpg
hmgoepprod.jpg

Granted, it doesn't look the best on the model here (tbh it looked better on me when I tried it on).

I saw this dress in H&M this morning.. It fit like a glove and I wanted to buy it instantly because I rarely find something that is a perfect fit (especially dresses). However I have a personal shopping rule - before I buy anything, I ask myself: do I need that? And where am I gonna wear it?

So I said I'm gonna sleep on it and decide later. This is where I need your help 😬 I could wear it for New Years Eve, private parties.. And it's not expensive at all.

View attachment 93416View attachment 93417
I love the details here, the color, the length and the fact that I can cinch my waist however I please.
View attachment 93418View attachment 93419
Granted, it doesn't look the best on the model here (tbh it looked better on me when I tried it on).

I saw this dress in H&M this morning.. It fit like a glove and I wanted to buy it instantly because I rarely find something that is a perfect fit (especially dresses). However I have a personal shopping rule - before I buy anything, I ask myself: do I need that? And where am I gonna wear it?

So I said I'm gonna sleep on it and decide later. This is where I need your help 😬 I could wear it for New Years Eve, private parties.. And it's not expensive at all.
Did you decide on whether or not to get the dress? I couldn’t find the dress on the H&M app (I assume it sold out). I’d be wary of the fabric/composition—make sure it’s not cheap and itchy! Otherwise, I think the dress would be really cute for NYE, small parties, and dinners :)

Did you decide on whether or not to get the dress? I couldn’t find the dress on the H&M app (I assume it sold out). I’d be wary of the fabric/composition—make sure it’s not cheap and itchy! Otherwise, I think the dress would be really cute for NYE, small parties, and dinners :)
I decided to get the dress in the end :slutboobs: I see your concern but I tried the dress in the store and the inside is not made out of the same material as the outside, instead it's silky smooth. The sleeves aren't that problematic either since they're not made out of rough lace fabric (and it's not touching my arms at all).

I'm definitely going to wear it on a few special occasions!

Guys I really like the idea of this sweater but it doesn't even look good on the model. Is there any hope that it will look better on me, or should I abandon the thought? :lol:

Screen Shot 2021-02-02 at 5.34.20 PM.png

Maybe the issue is that the model is wearing a slightly oversized version, because tbh it looks better on the plus size model
Screen Shot 2021-02-02 at 5.42.18 PM.png

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Guys I really like the idea of this sweater but it doesn't even look good on the model. Is there any hope that it will look better on me, or should I abandon the thought? :lol:

View attachment 98839

Maybe the issue is that the model is wearing a slightly oversized version, because tbh it looks better on the plus size model
View attachment 98842

Hmm I don’t mind it but it doesn’t drive me crazy either. The skirt/pants instead are another story! But yes the oversized version doesn’t give it justice.

Reactions: 1 user

View attachment 98839

View attachment 98842

I really like this sweater but definitely think the oversize look is a bit...off. If the smallest size will be fitted on you I think it could be cute

So here's the deal: I only have around $300 (total) in my bank account at the moment, and there is a badass Zara jacket that's going on discount on their site for almost $100. :spazrun: It's on clearance, so this is my last chance to buy it. I REALLY want this jacket, and I've already paid my rent and bills this month, but I also don't want to go completely broke... I need your thoughts. Pls help; I'm basically a clinical shopaholic at this point.

16127189115574402054403771684766.jpg
16127189401444138108074828934451.jpg
16127189673408460654136299982520.jpg
1612718985291820693124430683292.jpg

So here's the deal: I only have around $300 (total) in my bank account at the moment, and there is a badass Zara jacket that's going on discount on their site for almost $100. :spazrun: It's on clearance, so this is my last chance to buy it. I REALLY want this jacket, and I've already paid my rent and bills this month, but I also don't want to go completely broke... I need your thoughts. Pls help; I'm basically a clinical shopaholic at this point.
Idk your financial situation, but ever since I started making my own money this is how I budget: I pay for the necessities (rent, bills, groceries), then I always have enough money in my bank account "in case of emergencies." Basically, if something bad were to suddenly happen, it's the amount of money I'd like to have in that situation. I have a specific number in mind; sometimes I have a bit below it but I get paid weekly so it's not the biggest deal if I'm a few 100$ underneath it for a few days. Then the rest of my money is fair game for frivolous things like shopping, fancy coffees, ubers, etc.

(as for the jacket itself I don't support fast fashion like Zara, so I can't really say whether I like it or not, but if it's something you really want then it might be worth the $ to you)

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

View attachment 99023View attachment 99024View attachment 99025View attachment 99026
It seems as if you know your "problem" since you admit to being a rather critical shopaholic.
Long answer short: don't do it.

Even if you've paid all necessities, 200 USD seems like way too little money to have in one's account. Going "broke" (your words, not mine) for a jacket is utterly ridiculous. And like @proseccoprincess implies, rightfully, it's Zara girl: they'll poop out a variation (if not an identical) of this jacket in no time. So, my advice is, make the smart and responsible choice and DO NOT BUY THIS.

• Agree
Reactions: 7 users

View attachment 99023View attachment 99024View attachment 99025View attachment 99026
If you know your own tendencies as well as you seem to, consider the quality (or lack thereof) of what Zara provides. Definitely not worth doling out a substantial amount on. Maybe look into an online secondhand store or local thrift that's following COVID guidelines & see if you're able to find anything similar.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

Save the money! I used to have this jacket and it was from their 2017 collection so it will definitely pop up again!! Also, it is zero warm but if you really like it and want it check Depop etc and you’ll find them for 20$??? Or at least that’s how much I sold it for on there 😅

• Agree
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users