Should I buy it?

Aemiko

Rising Star
Sep 20, 2018
Here and there
B6A5EA11-21DA-46EE-98F9-14778B856C6F.jpeg
40ED0D7D-6F77-4D4A-9E35-F55BE7900D3E.jpeg
I couldnt find any thread like this, if there is then sorry in advance. But i thought it would be great to have a thread where you can ask people wether buy a piece of clothes or not. My question is should i buy this jeans? Am i look too big/small/flat in it? Thank you!!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
So.....I think this thread has a place, but I personally ask my friends for a sanity check (they are skinny and fashionable, but I definitely get that not everyone will have such resources!). But usually if someone has to ask it means that person doesn't LOVE an item and has some doubts, thus is fishing for some convincing. IF you don't love it, don't buy it b/c closet space and $$ is too valuable hahah

On one hand, yes you can pull them off b/c you are skinny enough to wear skinny white jeans

On the other hand, IMHO, I don't think you should buy this particular pair. Not b/c your size but b/c your height. You are running into the problem I have where the pants look too short so the ankle start to ride up on your calf area*. When you sit it is worse. Also, your torso seems a bit long too, so just make sure that they are not too short for you around your lady bits, b/c they are quite fitting on (as in under) your posterior (*even if these are suppose to be capri, check that the bottom band isn't cutting across your calf and other seams are cutting across certain areas when you sit...)

Also, this depends on how much you like white pants. If the ankle part/fit around crouch doesn't bother you and you like wearing white pants then you can get them potentially (especially if they are at a reasonable price for you. I factor in price, but others may not...this is just my methodology)

BUT if you are on the fence (hence the thread) and wonder if you will ever wear white pants b/c you don't already, then don't. Only from personal experience I can say I bought a pair of white jeans before and have never worn them b/c of paranoia of getting them dirty, or brushing up against something dirty. But, if you like bleaching and pre-treating your laundry, then this is less of a concern....

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 4 users
I don’t mind the fact that they are white but, as @pterodactyl says, this mid length kind of bothers me. I’d go for a more original style of pants, like maybe these ones (don’t know if you get the idea since the picture’s quality isn’t exactly HD)

6EF6F479-8329-436C-BFE1-9D52325096F6.jpeg

You have a great physique and you can totally rock these pants, but plain white jeans don’t say much to me
But maybe I’m just cringing at the fact that you’re not wearing socks on a fitting room floor:badgirl:

• Funny
Reactions: 6 users
They look amazing on you, but for the sake of fashion, I'd do a beige/off-white tone and a straight leg rather than a skinny jean.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users
1) No. Your legs look nice, though.

2) There's no shame in posting in the progress thread. No need to use a flimsy excuse to create another one.

• Funny
Reactions: 7 users
There's no shame in posting in the progress thread. No need to use a flimsy excuse to create another one.
I say we all just start incorporating subtle body flexes into all the threads. *holds salad next to strategically posed thigh gap*

• Funny
  • Agree
Reactions: 11 users
1) No. Your legs look nice, though.

2) There's no shame in posting in the progress thread. No need to use a flimsy excuse to create another one.

If i want a Feedback of my body I’ll post there trust me. My question was genuine, as let’s be honest not everyone can wear WHITE SKINNY jeans. I’m not putting up pictures about a simple tshirt or jeans and ask if I should buy it, I didn’t even cared who likes it or not, I just wanted to get HONEST answer if I ( my butt lest spell it out) looks okay in them :D i might be insecure but I dont want to people look at me weird if you know what I mean :/

Reactions: 2 users
Wholly concur with the thumbs down given already. I personally don't like thin material ultra tight jeans, especially when it comes to white pairs, they should be proper denim and fit loosely enough so as not to reveal the colour of your panties. But your pins are really good!

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 8 users
I'd agree with all the aforementioned points (as well as the compliments on your legs!), and add that the top makes your waist look... non-existent and give a brick shape to your butt.
This one size seems just a tad too small, too.

Although I can't tell from the picture, but this particular pair looks relatively low-quality. if there's something I've learned from my mindless purchases in my teen years, is that it wroth investing in a good quality pair of jeans that will last you a long time.

• Agree
Didn't know where to put this but I thought here would be best, I have my school formal coming up + I need a dress for a few other events this year and was wondering what you darlings thought of this dress from For Love and Lemons

https://forloveandlemons.com/products/lady-luck-maxi-dress-mint

I like it in theory, might be great for dancing but the fit and color are hard to pull off imo and the baggy shape is honestly a no... Would love to wear something like that to a beach, not a formal - it seems a bit flimsy, too

• Agree
Reactions: 7 users
A few things come to mind with this dress:
1) Sort of reminds me of a leggier sea foam version of the dress that Sissy Spacek was wearing in Carrie when the pig blood was poured over her at the prom.
2) If you add a decorative porcelain sea horse somewhere, it is essentially my grandma's bathroom decor/shower curtain (even has some pearl accenting as seahorse bubbles!)
3) I'm not personally a fan of thin 'satiny' material (and any unlined garment...unlined = cheap & lazy garment standards...but that's just picky me...in actual HOT climates then no lining is ok, but then surely go for silk and not polyester...just saying)
4) Even if anyone can pull it off it's a SG....however, at best it looks like pajamas...at worst it might look like wrinkled shiny baggy pajamas in photos. On that note, it will probably be hard to find appropriate undergarments...(probably just some sticker bra would work best if you actually went forward with this purchase..).

In closing these are just my thoughts. Not meant to be insulting of anyone's fashion sense. However, my rule of thumb is if it just looks so-so on a model, then IRL it is going to look just bad.

• Funny
Reactions: 1 users
It's a no for me... the fit, the material, and the construction. It seems more beachwear than formal...

Pastels and ruffles are so far out of my comfort zone but I found this dress that has a similar vibe and seems more appropriate

https://www.revolve.com/mobile/amanda-uprichard-amalia-gown/dp/AMAN-WD844/?d=Womens

2) If you add a decorative porcelain sea horse somewhere, it is essentially my grandma's bathroom decor/shower curtain (even has some pearl accenting as seahorse bubbles!)
I can't unsee this and I can't stop giggling

• Agree
I like it in theory, might be great for dancing but the fit and color are hard to pull off imo and the baggy shape is honestly a no... Would love to wear something like that to a beach, not a formal - it seems a bit flimsy, too

A few things come to mind with this dress:
1) Sort of reminds me of a leggier sea foam version of the dress that Sissy Spacek was wearing in Carrie when the pig blood was poured over her at the prom.
3) I'm not personally a fan of thin 'satiny' material (and any unlined garment...unlined = cheap & lazy garment standards...but that's just picky me...in actual HOT climates then no lining is ok, but then surely go for silk and not polyester...just saying)
4) Even if anyone can pull it off it's a SG....however, at best it looks like pajamas...at worst it might look like wrinkled shiny baggy pajamas in photos. On that note, it will probably be hard to find appropriate undergarments...(probably just some sticker bra would work best if you actually went forward with this purchase..).

In closing these are just my thoughts. Not meant to be insulting of anyone's fashion sense. However, my rule of thumb is if it just looks so-so on a model, then IRL it is going to look just bad.
It's a no for me... the fit, the material, and the construction. It seems more beachwear than formal...

Pastels and ruffles are so far out of my comfort zone but I found this dress that has a similar vibe and seems more appropriate

https://www.revolve.com/mobile/amanda-uprichard-amalia-gown/dp/AMAN-WD844/?d=Womens

I can't unsee this and I can't stop giggling

Can't thank you, ladies, enough for your honest opinions, and you were correct, I looked around and realized while I think the designer had some good concepts it's probably a nicer dress to look at on a coathanger than a person. I'll start looking for new dresses again and probably will just go for a high-quality slip dress
All my thanks once again for your advice x

Reactions: 3 users
Can't thank you, ladies, enough for your honest opinions, and you were correct, I looked around and realized while I think the designer had some good concepts it's probably a nicer dress to look at on a coathanger than a person. I'll start looking for new dresses again and probably will just go for a high-quality slip dress
All my thanks once again for your advice x

I’m sure that if you tell us what you like, your budget etc we can help you finding other choices! At least I’d be happy to help

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
I found this in a thrift store a couple of days ago in the kids section, it fits and it completely represents me

Attachments

• A5B58AE4-16C3-41BD-84E3-1594513A4200.jpeg
    A5B58AE4-16C3-41BD-84E3-1594513A4200.jpeg
    251.1 KB · Views: 227
  • Love
  • Funny
The shoe on the left is already mine. Trying to decide whether or not to keep the one on the right. Do I really need two pairs of black flats?
*please ignore the cankles (stood on concrete in heels all day - but also I do have fat ankles, just not that fat) and the dirt on my pants (assaulted by my dog whilst trying to get a pic)
20190426_191040.jpg
20190426_191352.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Think it’s a no from me, your other flats are gorgeous, streamlined and classic and I think the cut outs just aren’t super flattering (feet are never the most attractive things) also the cut outs and the toe shape make your foot look wider than it is which is probably not the look your going for. So basically I don’t think you need two pairs of black flats x

The shoe on the left is already mine. Trying to decide whether or not to keep the one on the right. Do I really need two pairs of black flats?
*please ignore the cankles (stood on concrete in heels all day - but also I do have fat ankles, just not that fat) and the dirt on my pants (assaulted by my dog whilst trying to get a pic)
View attachment 55036 View attachment 55037
th

• Agree