Shorts for Long Torsos

J

jules

Girls, I need help. I was cursed with a torso that's abnormally long in regards to my legs, and finding shorts that fit me is torture. EVERYTHING gives me camel toe and fits uncomfortably because there just isn't enough fabric to go from my waist/hips to my crotch. Do any of you have this problem? Can you recommend a brand of shorts that would fit?

I'm sorry, I can't recommend a particular brand, but in terms of shape I would suggest sticking to high waisted shorts with hems that raise slightly towards the outer leg. These aren't the best examples as I just google searched quickly, but this short of shape would flatter your figure the most, as opposed to ones that sit in a straight line across the thigh:

4JA18X6.jpg
nT6X2gB.jpg

Shops like Topshop offer 'tall' lines that might help in terms of fitting a longer torso. Otherwise, as a skinnie minnie, I think it looks super cute - with regard to denim shorts at least - to size up and cinch in the waist with a belt as the extra bulk doesn't matter so much when you can see pin thin legs and a toned waist on either end.

Like this:

JTDWAVB.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
I'm sorry, I can't recommend a particular brand, but in terms of shape I would suggest sticking to high waisted shorts with hems that raise slightly towards the outer leg. These aren't the best examples as I just google searched quickly, but this short of shape would flatter your figure the most, as opposed to ones that sit in a straight line across the thigh:

4JA18X6.jpg
nT6X2gB.jpg

Shops like Topshop offer 'tall' lines that might help in terms of fitting a longer torso. Otherwise, as a skinnie minnie, I think it looks super cute - with regard to denim shorts at least - to size up and cinch in the waist with a belt as the extra bulk doesn't matter so much when you can see pin thin legs and a toned waist on either end.

Like this:

JTDWAVB.jpg

Thank you so much, would like if I could!

Don't wear shorts. Shorts are an abomination. Wear a skirt. If too short just throw some bootie spandex shorts underneath.

Also I don't know how long your legs are Vs your torso, but the key to make them look longer is not to wear choppy clothes, wear more mono chromatic lengthening clothes on the bottom.

If you are somewhere really hot, I still recommend a flowing skirt that gives the illusion of lengthening legs and shortening your torso.

I have the same issue with shorts ...and high wasted pants and one piece bathing suits. My torso and legs are well proportioned so I figure the ill fitting has to do with just being taller than the average girl (5'2-5'5). Small sizes especially are made for shorter statures, the thinner I am the harder it becomes to find clothes long enough. I usually choose to forego high waste styles..:(

I have the same issue with shorts ...and high wasted pants and one piece bathing suits. My torso and legs are well proportioned so I figure the ill fitting has to do with just being taller than the average girl (5'2-5'5). Small sizes especially are made for shorter statures, the thinner I am the harder it becomes to find clothes long enough. I usually choose to forego high waste styles..:(

I'm in exactly the same boat at 172cm tall (5ft7?), which isn't even all that tall! Thats the worst thing about pants and shorts with how patterns are generally graded - Smaller size = shorter length as the person wearing them *MUST* of course be shorter! Sucks for me as I love high waisted things, but have such a hard time finding a good fit! :|
I only own one pair of 'shorts', and thats only because its a lovely Alexander Wang playsuit that I just HAD to have even if I do get a little bit of a wedgie haha!! :luvluv: The sacrifices we make for fashion... :lol:

Lol! I have a cute jumpsuit I've never worn for the same reason. Also, we are exactly the same height!