Short Models?

S

skinnysophia1991

What is the general industry consensus on short models? I've done quite a bit of freelance collaborations over time but am now looking to take my modelling more seriously and maybe eventually try to get signed by an agency. The only problem is I am 5ft3. Myself and my old housemate would regularly answer casting calls for Alt shoots and even though they favoured her 5'11 stature they were always more pleased with the final images from my shoots and would ask me back again.
Just wanting to know if I have a shot at the small time basically, I know I'll never walk for Chanel, Thierry Mugler or Michael Kors as I'd dream but a girl can wish for something right?

No one was responding to this, so I figured I might as well.

In a word: no. :run:

I'm not at all involved in the fashion industry. Literally no connection whatsoever. But it's honestly common sense, so I think I can answer your question. Even "petites" (whatever they do) are much taller than 5'3". I'm sure a VIP can speak to this much, much better than I can, but they are also probably tired of fielding questions like this. Sorry.

Not a fashion VIP either, but... even 5'7" looks stumpy on the runway. At 5'3" you will never do high fashion, but maybe something commercial if you're REALLY good. Not to burst your bubble not alt shoots do not make you a model... there's a takedown thread here for that.

Being 5'3'' I know exactly how you feel and in short the answer is no, we most likely will never walk the runway for high fashion. I watched a documentary once on how a girl who was short and desperately wanted become a high fashion model, so she had surgery on her legs to extend her height, crazy.

Ugh I hate being short I see it as a curse and it makes things 100x worse when people make comments to the point I wanna jump off a bridge...anyways since I look soo young as well I can be a model for kids clothes lol

Anja Konstantinova was 5'3" and shes the only one I can think of. but almost everything she did was face or solo shoots - it'd throw off the balance in photos with other models

As an update I got signed this week to a UK based model agency who has on their list of clients: Topshop, Selfridges and MTV just to name a few. After having all my measuremt a taken I'm actually 5'5, so taller than I originally thought.

Congrats on getting signed! :) I would looove to model more than anything, and I'm hoping that I'll grow more, as I'm 5'6" right now.

MTV?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adora Model UK ?

Sophia, you seem to recognise that you're going to be limited by your height and, as you say in your first post, you'll never walk runway or, indeed, be able to be signed by an agency that will allow you to work professionally in a way that pays the bills. But well done on being signed and hope you have some fun with it and get paid for your work. Watch out for unscrupulous people though who may want to take advantage of girls with an agency who don't have such an investment in keeping them safe.

Reactions: 1 user
Stop putting out her fire girls... you're all just jealous

:lol::lol:

Reactions: 1 users
Adora Model UK ?

Sophia, you seem to recognise that you're going to be limited by your height and, as you say in your first post, you'll never walk runway or, indeed, be able to be signed by an agency that will allow you to work professionally in a way that pays the bills. But well done on being signed and hope you have some fun with it and get paid for your work. Watch out for unscrupulous people though who may want to take advantage of girls with an agency who don't have such an investment in keeping them safe.

OMG you are so nice (seriously).

Because that site is like :hahano: