Shopping Regrets

A

audrelizabethh

I was wondering if any of you ever decide not to get something you like while shopping, mainly clothes or make up, and then regret it for a long time after, and what was it you regretted not getting if so?

Thought of this because yesterday I tried on the prettiest white lace summer dress and decided to pass on it... It was the last one and now I'm seriously regretting it, as I have no way to get back there before it will be gone ):

LOL this happens quite often to me! I love shopping and sometimes I try 8 different things on and I'm very unsure of what to buy and what to leave---

I once tried on this beautiful cream color sweater and decided not to buy it because I was on vacations and didn't want to stuff my suitcase. That night I dreamed that I had it on and so I went to the store the next morning and bought it.
That also happened a few times with other things that I knew I would buy but couldn't yet, or things I had ordered online and hadn't arrived yet, I always dream of that thing and that convinces me that I need it haha

lots

A pair of sandels from Zara
Black wool skirt from Harvey Nichols.
A grey wool dress from Harvey Nichols. - This is my biggest regret because I have the dress in navy and I wore it so often now am too scared to wear it too often that I'd ruin it. I want that dress so bad!
A bag from Hobbs - Now I'm always on a lookout for that kind of bag

Basically ever since I missed out on this dress, anything I see I really like (of course it has to be of good quality and within my budget).
Anyways, I am going to try and get another Stuart 5050 boots but I can't just yet because it's not fair that I ask my dad again for these boots, (my dad can't say no to me but I just feel so wrong or asking for no reason) so I figured i'ld do really well in uni and then do something else for him and then maybe I'll ask him. Or I'll try and find the money myself but I have 0.

Yes I know this pretty good....about two years ago there was a pair of sunglasses in the Topshop Online Store which I wanted so bad. But I never bought anything online outside Germany and wasn't able to use a credit card...so time flew by and I haven't bought the sunglasses, but one day I saw them on a blogger girl and regret it so bad that I didn't buy them...so I tracked them down through various websites and finally found them :D and still love them!
Also there once was a cream white summer dress with crochet detail I returned to the store because I was quite unsure...ooooh what I'd give to get this dress now!
When I'm shopping I always try to remember the brand so I can look the item up online...I also try ebay for items that are no longer available. But I learned that when I see something and immediately fall in love with it, I buy it as long as it's in my budget...I'm one of those girls that are utterly happy about clothing :eek:

It happened to me with these babies... :luv:

alexander-wang-black-anouck-chelsea-boots-product-3-4650947-820986666_large_flex.jpeg

Alexander Wang Anouck Chelsea boots with a gold metal plate.

I loved them on first site and had been admiring them on others/in pictures for a while... I tried them on and they fit like they were made for my feet... I could think of a hundred different ways and outfits with which to wear them...

But I had a similar pair at home (no cut-out/metal plate). :nervous:

So I left... :run: and ran back about 45-60minutes later from a fair while away :grin: haha!

It was an almost regret!!! :lol:

On a less successful note, I found my perfect pair of black jeans and asked the shop assistant to hold them while I got money out (they were having trouble with their card machine) and in that space in time she sold them :( quite cross!!!

It happened to me with these babies... :luv:

alexander-wang-black-anouck-chelsea-boots-product-3-4650947-820986666_large_flex.jpeg

Alexander Wang Anouck Chelsea boots with a gold metal plate.

I loved them on first site and had been admiring them on others/in pictures for a while... I tried them on and they fit like they were made for my feet... I could think of a hundred different ways and outfits with which to wear them...

But I had a similar pair at home (no cut-out/metal plate). :nervous:

So I left... :run: and ran back about 45-60minutes later from a fair while away :grin: haha!

It was an almost regret!!! :lol:

On a less successful note, I found my perfect pair of black jeans and asked the shop assistant to hold them while I got money out (they were having trouble with their card machine) and in that space in time she sold them :( quite cross!!!

That would make me so mad! :( That reminds me, there were these minnetonka boots I really wanted for 40 less than usual but i didn't have my money with me and couldn't come back again that day and they were gone the next day ):

Go back there in your boots with a naked arse and tell her she needs to sort something out pronto. You can't wear just anything with those Wangs.

Reactions: 1 user
Go back there in your boots with a naked arse and tell her she needs to sort something out pronto. You can't wear just anything with those Wangs.

Naked is my favourite outfit so this is the perfect revenge plan for me :cool:

I might need to wear socks though :hmm: no-one likes a sweaty foot.

Reactions: 1 user
Oh god, when I go shopping, it's actually exhausting sometimes, both for me and the person who is with me because if I find something that I really like but it is not in my budget zone, I tend to get nervous and undecided and look at the piece of clothing from all angles to make sure it is really worth it and sometimes I even take a tour of the shop to clear my mind. I know, it's crazy. But this is how I end up buying what I really love and let go of things that I have doubts about.
I am pretty sure I have my share of regrets for not buying something though.

It sounds quite sensible to me....

I exaggerated a bit :lol: But I was serious about the tours in the shop. I think it is a good thing to not buy something just because you are overly excited at the first glance. Sometimes at the second glance it is not that worth the money anymore. Guess that's better than overspending.

There was a jacket I had found while shopping, and I decided against it, but kept thinking about it and looking at it every time I was at the mall and then finally I went in and bought it. I have only wore it once x)
Also, I only shop alone because I don't want to get distracted. Shopping to me is like reading, I have to be careful and look thoroughly otherwise I might miss something important. But some tell me that's weird...

There was a jacket I had found while shopping, and I decided against it, but kept thinking about it and looking at it every time I was at the mall and then finally I went in and bought it. I have only wore it once x)
Also, I only shop alone because I don't want to get distracted. Shopping to me is like reading, I have to be careful and look thoroughly otherwise I might miss something important. But some tell me that's weird...

I'm the same way, if I could shop alone I would. I could spend the whole day at the mall trying to make a decision and I'd end up a lot happier. Whenever I get my license...