Shopping in PARIS ?!

Elisa

Worker Bee
Apr 9, 2012
Germany
girls!!!!
i am going to PARIS :luv: !!! i am soo excited!
in 10 tens i'll fly to Paris to spend 4 wonderful days and hopefully find some gorgeous clothes, shoes and accessories to bring home.

last time i was in Paris i didn't have much time so i just went sightseeing and to les Galeries Lafayette. i also went to some small boutiques but don't remember where.

so i wondered if any of you beautiful ladies can give some advice where to go shopping?
thanks a lot in advance!

I always shop in the marais' boutiques, there are lot's of vintage shop in here, you just stop at the metro station St Paul (line 1) and then cross the Rivoli street and you are in it ! Ask for Kiloshop : there you choose the clothes, they weight it and you pay with a rate €/kg. Fun...

If you want, there is also the rue de passy (station Passy on line 6) which I really like because they have those expensive shops but also 2 or 3 trendy shops which have amazing outfit for a bargain.

I won't mention Tara Jarmon, The kooples and so on, since I bet you already know that bunch of folks, if you can afford the Kooples, this is the best French mainstream brand right now in my opinion.

But here are some French labels that are mainstream here, but I don't think foreigners know these brands. But you need a good eye because some items are fucking ugly, but you can find items at very good prices that you can style with your warderobe :
- sinequanone (kind of trendy)
- naf naf (cool and not too pricy)
- monoprix (honestly, this is a "pricy" food shop but they sell some good looking stuff and very good quality, mind you)
- etam (cheap)
- pimky (very cheap but you can find good looking stuff, just don't look at the items screaming "I'm cheeeeap")
- kookai (good stuff)

I hope you'll do great here ? How long are you staying here ?
:)

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks for this, I'm going next weekend but I wasn't going to do any shopping but since I have some insider info I might have to sneak away @Nanoushkaïa, do you know any good hot chocolate places (I already know Angelina)?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for this, I'm going next weekend but I wasn't going to do any shopping but since I have some insider info I might have to sneak away @Nanoushkaïa, do you know any good hot chocolate places (I already know Angelina)?

Hahaha when I read your first words I was like "ANGE..........nothing". But yeah Angelina is the best and everything will look pale in comparaison but here are some I LOVE :

- café Pinson is like my spot, they do an amazing vegan hot chocolate which taste like nutella except it's sweetned with agave
This place will be the even of any SGF girl going to Paris : this is a gourmet salon de thé vegan and wheat free, instead of sweet they use agave and they do everything we talk about in the "to keep you healthy" thread except it's so good and the salon de thé is so cute, it has open very recently but is mad packed, it became very trendy. Plus it's in the marrais. Please ! Go there ! I'm sure you'll LOVE it.
Plusplusplus : the portions are SGF portions haha, really, like it's so beautiful tiny you are not stuffing your face, it's beautiful tiny portion : the one our grand parents would have treated themselves with from time to time, (vs menu best of fucking plus). So cute. Not expensive at all ! And all organic.

Anyway here is the adress : 6, rue du forez*75003 Paris, ask your way as it's not in a big street

Then 2nd on my list is Jean-Pal Hévin
It's a famous "artisan de France" within the realm of chocolate stuff lol, anw it means he is good at it.
This is a chocolate bar, you can try many versions of hot chocolate but the best is the JPH.
It's at the number 231 of rue Saint-Honoré in the 1st arrondissement (station Tuileries on line 1 and then you need to ask for the rue st honore which is parallel to the rue de rivoli)
You'll see many skinnies in the rue de st honoré haha...

The 3rd one is not bad, it's the*Coutume Café*rue de Babylone near st germain des prés
You can have the dark chocolate version which I found cool.

Enjoy girls !

Reactions: 1 user
Hahaha when I read your first words I was like "ANGE..........nothing". But yeah Angelina is the best and everything will look pale in comparaison but here are some I LOVE :

- café Pinson is like my spot, they do an amazing vegan hot chocolate which taste like nutella except it's sweetned with agave
This place will be the even of any SGF girl going to Paris : this is a gourmet salon de thé vegan and wheat free, instead of sweet they use agave and they do everything we talk about in the "to keep you healthy" thread except it's so good and the salon de thé is so cute, it has open very recently but is mad packed, it became very trendy. Plus it's in the marrais. Please ! Go there ! I'm sure you'll LOVE it.
Plusplusplus : the portions are SGF portions haha, really, like it's so beautiful tiny you are not stuffing your face, it's beautiful tiny portion : the one our grand parents would have treated themselves with from time to time, (vs menu best of fucking plus). So cute. Not expensive at all ! And all organic.

Anyway here is the adress : 6, rue du forez*75003 Paris, ask your way as it's not in a big street

Then 2nd on my list is Jean-Pal Hévin
It's a famous "artisan de France" within the realm of chocolate stuff lol, anw it means he is good at it.
This is a chocolate bar, you can try many versions of hot chocolate but the best is the JPH.
It's at the number 231 of rue Saint-Honoré in the 1st arrondissement (station Tuileries on line 1 and then you need to ask for the rue st honore which is parallel to the rue de rivoli)
You'll see many skinnies in the rue de st honoré haha...

The 3rd one is not bad, it's the*Coutume Café*rue de Babylone near st germain des prés
You can have the dark chocolate version which I found cool.

Enjoy girls !

ooo thank you thank you. My sister is going to loveee me for this. xx

café Pinson is like my spot, they do an amazing vegan hot chocolate which taste like nutella except it's sweetned with agave
This place will be the even of any SGF girl going to Paris ... Please ! Go there ! I'm sure you'll LOVE it.

I'm envisaging an imminent SG meetup between you two; Nanoushkaïa will be doing something with an orange, classichic will complain that it's nothing like Starbucks, eyes will meet... :grin:

If I remember well, there's also a large Printemps (department store) in Paris. I don't know if this shop is considered chic or not, but I do recall it being huge :)

I'm envisaging an imminent SG meetup between you two; Nanoushkaïa will be doing something with an orange, classichic will complain that it's nothing like Starbucks, eyes will meet... :grin:

:lol: I love it. But I'm not big on Starbucks hot chocolate, it's all about Parisian Le Chocolat chaud :)

Nanoushkaïa will be doing something with an orange

hahaha any of my friend could have say this, you so nailed me @Silent Night, je te jure, je me sens toute "nue" tu as tellement compris la freak que je suis ac les oranges (any fruit) et tout le monde se moque de moi ! Et maintenant ici sur SGF aussi ? :cry: haha :kiss:

hahaha any of my friend could have say this, you so nailed me @Silent Night, je te jure, je me sens toute "nue" tu as tellement compris la freak que je suis ac les oranges (any fruit) et tout le monde se moque de moi ! Et maintenant ici sur SGF aussi ? :cry: haha :kiss:

Je te taqine seulement - l'amour est toujours bien estimable à mes yeux, quoi qu'en soit l'objet :)

Ahh j'adore tous les francophones ici sur SGF...je ne suis pas seule:luv::luv:

As for shopping, @Nanoushkaïa hit the nail on the head with all of my favourite places. Amuse-toi bien!

Squeeeee! Bookmarking this thread, as I'm headed to Paris (then Provence) in May for threeeee weeeeeeks!

Thanks so much for the ideas, ladies. Bisous! :kiss:

Ooh thanks for the tips! I'm going on Saturday and definitely would love to try proper hot chocolate! I'm a hot chocolate addict at the moment:nervous:

I always shop in the marais' boutiques, there are lot's of vintage shop in here, you just stop at the metro station St Paul (line 1) and then cross the Rivoli street and you are in it ! Ask for Kiloshop : there you choose the clothes, they weight it and you pay with a rate €/kg. Fun...

If you want, there is also the rue de passy (station Passy on line 6) which I really like because they have those expensive shops but also 2 or 3 trendy shops which have amazing outfit for a bargain.

I won't mention Tara Jarmon, The kooples and so on, since I bet you already know that bunch of folks, if you can afford the Kooples, this is the best French mainstream brand right now in my opinion.

But here are some French labels that are mainstream here, but I don't think foreigners know these brands. But you need a good eye because some items are fucking ugly, but you can find items at very good prices that you can style with your warderobe :
- monoprix (honestly, this is a "pricy" food shop but they sell some good looking stuff and very good quality, mind you)
- etam (cheap)
- pimky (very cheap but you can find good looking stuff, just don't look at the items screaming "I'm cheeeeap")
- kookai (good stuff)

I'm going to France later this year, so I love this post (and the one on hot chocolate ;)), thank you!
And I actually didn't know of Kooples :oops: I just knew of Isabel Marant, APC and Kookai since they're the ones I have access to a limited selection of. Also, I am so going to force my friend I'll probably go with to check out the vintage shops! She's been to Paris a few times but never checked out the vintage stuff, haha I have some Parisian wisdom over her now. :p

- etam (cheap)
- kookai (good stuff)

oh thanks so, so much for the tips! :luv:

some of the brands are available in germany as well, like pimkie. kookai is sometimes sold in boutiques too, but not very often- i love it! very femine and elegant clothes imo.
i have to visit marais and the Kooples for sure. sounds great.

i am going to be in Paris 03.15. - 03.18. i am traveling with all my siblings and my dad and his wife to visit one of my sisters who currently works in Paris. we're staying at a hotel in quartier latin near isle de la cité. that's pretty central, right?

If you're staying over the weekend I can recommend visiting the Clingancourt market (Metro station Porte de Clingancourt).
In Rue Meslay (Metro station Republique) are many cheap shoe shops.
I always had my chocolat chaud at Boulangerie Paul (bakery) and it's delicious but I don't know if it's the best in town.
And if you like eating antipasti etc. there's a great market at Place d'Italie every sunday. Make sure to be there before 1pm.

Enjoy your trip, Paris is amazing! :luv:

oh thanks so, so much for the tips! :luv:

some of the brands are available in germany as well, like pimkie. kookai is sometimes sold in boutiques too, but not very often- i love it! very femine and elegant clothes imo.
i have to visit marais and the Kooples for sure. sounds great.

i am going to be in Paris 03.15. - 03.18. i am traveling with all my siblings and my dad and his wife to visit one of my sisters who currently works in Paris. we're staying at a hotel in quartier latin near isle de la cité. that's pretty central, right?

Oh my gosh yeah this is crazy central, you'r so lucky to stay at an hotel near ile de la cité this is the best spot of Paris with ile saint louis in my opinion. Hence you are at equal distance of the marrais and the quarried Latin.

If you're staying over the weekend I can recommend visiting the Clingancourt market (Metro station Porte de Clingancourt).
In Rue Meslay (Metro station Republique) are many cheap shoe shops.
I always had my chocolat chaud at Boulangerie Paul (bakery) and it's delicious but I don't know if it's the best in town.
And if you like eating antipasti etc. there's a great market at Place d'Italie every sunday. Make sure to be there before 1pm.

Enjoy your trip, Paris is amazing! :luv:

please please please don't think I'm acting superior I just want to warn you about Paul. Paul... This is the best fake French thing ever. Everything is fake in it, wood tables, pain au chocolat, disgusting baguette sandwichs, sale persons dressed like traditional bakers whereas they receive their croissants and everything in a frozen state from a central and just put it I'm the hovem and know nothing. And they sell at the same price than in REAL traditional places... Now they are in Londn too, like on King's road, trying to make people believe "this is French tradition so give us your $$$$". (sorry I don't like them)

But so good idea for the shoes street.

Oh my gosh yeah this is crazy central, you'r so lucky to stay at an hotel near ile de la cité this is the best spot of Paris with ile saint louis in my opinion. Hence you are at equal distance of the marrais and the quarried Latin.

yeah i thought that too. cool, i am sooo excited!is there any other places you can recommend to go to? like restaurants, clubs or bars?