Shoe Trends You Hate!

• Thread starter glitter_starships
  • Start date
G

glitter_starships

Well there are a few shoe styles and trends that I hate. I just need to vent. Sorry haha.

First of all, uggs with shorts. No. Just, no. Uggs are fluffy and warm like a polar bear. They are meant to be worn in cold weather. Shorts are skin-bearing and meant to be worn in hot weather. Don't mix them, because the end result is looking like an eskimo stripper.

Second, is the "fancy shoes with a normal outfit" look. It's less common, but the girls at my school are just learning how to wear heels, so they end up pairing the with ripped up jeans and an obnoxious yellow tee shirt. No. Don't. It's a bad idea.

Last...is wearing any shoe that you cannot walk in. Generally this means heels. At my schools graduation ceremony, the girls wear heels and wedges or whatever, and I stood on the bleachers, trying to sing in the chorus about moving on and acheiving great things, but couldn't because i was laughing too hard at a girl who was bent over like an old lady is her heels. She walked all the way across the stage and gym to get her diploma, hobbling all the way, and I nearly died laughing. :nopity: Please, girls. Don't do this. Don't.

Glad to have gotten that out lol! Any one else have a shoe pet peeve?

Reactions: 1 user
I hate creepers and flatforms, they look so ugly and clompy imo. Some people can pull them off but they definately are not for me.

I also do not like Uggs, especially when they have been worn for a bit and the soles start to cave in at one side.

Pretty much any blocky item on the feet including wedges. They look bulky and not pretty to me. I know lots of people love them but :confused: I don't get it.

Uggs
Crocs
Sneakers when you're not working out
Boots with fur on them (what in yeti hell?)
Kitten heels
Thigh high boots (Hello chunky monkey thighs)

I'm a bit of a shoe purist so i have a lot of issues with ugly shoes! :oops:

I feel like a lot of these unattractive shoe trends are definitely doable - but only for skinnies.

I hate creepers and flatforms, they look so ugly and clompy imo. Some people can pull them off but they definately are not for me.

I never really liked the look until I saw this picture of Hanneli. I think she pulls off these Prada creepers wonderfully. Most of the people I had seen wearing flatforms had legs/ankles that were waaaayy to thick for them.
prada-hanneli.jpg

Pretty much any blocky item on the feet including wedges. They look bulky and not pretty to me. I know lots of people love them but :confused: I don't get it.

I totally agree with you about wedges! I think people like them because they are thought to be comfier than heels, but to me, it just looks like you have hooves.

Crocs (who doesn´t hate them? They´re an atrocity :rolleyes:)
I basically hate all sorts of shoes fat housewives seem to love, be it crocs, sandals, trainers... everyday I pick up my son from kindergarten, I see the other moms waddling around in their plain, boring, comfy outfits

I´m not a fan of ankle boots either, they make people´s legs look so short and the calves look thick. Models seem to love them (street style-wise), but I don´t get the craze. Even their legs look stumpy in ankle boots!

Hands down its got to be kitten heels. I find them offensive to the point that I will literally gag and get goosebumps when I see them.

Fucking VILE!

I think the clunky-shoe trend is so big because it looks cute(r) with skinny jeans or trousers, which is obviously a more popular cut than bootcut or flare lately. And worn properly, it can make already thin legs look like twigs! If you bought some and decided you're not a fan, try wearing them with plain black jeans or a dress/skirt and black tights, it's way more flattering. I'm not trying to convert people, if you don't like them you don't like them, but if your issue's with them being unflattering then it could be worth a shot ;)

All that aside, I'm pretty open to weird/trendy/even ugly shoes, as long as there's some evidence of effort or personal style there. I'd way rather see some ridiculous looking things from an indie ModCloth designer than a sad old woman in mum jeans in dirty trainers or crocs. That's just not okay.

Thank you!
Especially wedge sneakers!Ugh!I'm probably going to get a lot of hate for this cause the Isabel Marant ones are you soooo "fashion forward" bla bla.But they just look so freaking ugly to me. I mean, I can barely tolerate wedges but wegde sneakers?? :superpuke:
isabel_marant.jpg
BQcDAAAAAwoDanBnAAAABC5vdXQKFmpnc0M3S0FTNFJHM2dFVzdtTEhaX0EAAAACaWQKAXgAAAAEc2l6ZQ.jpg
Stop it already:cry:!!!

Hands down its got to be kitten heels. I find them offensive to the point that I will literally gag and get goosebumps when I see them.

Fucking VILE!

Didn't even know they have a special name. It's ridiculous why someone would choose them :hmm:

I don't care for uggies and gladiator style shoes is not my taste also.

Fucking VILE!

Haha, I had to google them but I´m with you. I didn´t know they´re called Kitten heels, I usually hear or read about them as "mini heels"
It´s like shoes for people who can´t walk in high heels :lol:

I have an odd hatred of shoes with very pointy toes. I've always thought they looked comically stupid since I was a little girl, which was only compounded by my mother trying to persuade me that they were cute and made your legs look longer! I personally think that they just make your feet look bigger...

I hate crocs and chunky heels, although I do like wedges. I also don't like Toms. Everyone has them and they are terrible, absolutely no support. And they look so stupid with most outfits, they basically look like socks. I also hate kitten heels. I like uggs, especially the ones that aren't the stiff suede but a kind of sweater-y material, but most girls look terrible in them. They are for cold winters only!

I can't stand those sketchers "toning" shoes. They are freaking hideous and probably don't work at all!!

I think I've expressed my distaste for crocs before on a couple of other threads. But I have to agree that kitten heels are horrid and huge wedges, flatforms, etc on people with short legs. To me it just makes their legs look shorter...:confused: