Shmegeh (Michelle Alessandra)

I'm so happy I found this thread, I had been wondering if anyone was going to start one about michelle (didn't want to myself because I thought it might bring on a lot of ED argument/drama). I've been following her for three years, and I continue to, not because she is thinspo for me but i enjoy her blogs content, and I'm really interested to see what happens to her. she's a smart girl with an outrageous following and an outrageous amount of public criticism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm really glad I found this thread, I just wanted to share how beautiful she looks in this photo and suggest that maybe the "dead" qualities are simply her preference.
http://shmegeh.tumblr.com/post/36768043760

I don't like to glorify her appearance (ie call her beautiful) because she's made it very clear that she's suffering from an eating disorder, and calling her "beautiful" at her current weight sort of impedes any recovery process.

I just love her!
You girls should really read more of her blog, not just look at the pictures.
She obviously is sick, she knows it and it's something she doesn't really talk about.

But she's also very smart, intelligent person who runs a very interesting blog (even for those not that much into anime etc.). And I just love how articulate she is :luv:

I'm really not into all the anime stuff, so for me it sort of detracts from the blog, as well as the fact that she doesn't look too good. Now, there's a way to go for that "dark" look and even bridge on the sick look without actually looking awful - Anna Selezneva has pulled this look off, for example here: http://www.champagneshowers.net/wp-...ography-Anna-Selezneva-Peter-Lindbergh-4.jpeg

I can respect a beauty in that sort of look, however the way in which she has gone about it is too messy and too sickly for my taste. That's just my personal opinion though.

It is not her job to avoid posting pictures of herself and avoid the internet because it may be triggering to someone. In that case, no one should post pictures of alcohol on the internet so an alcoholic can be triggered.

This x100. Because to be honest, if you are in recovery and that fragile that a simple blog or image would throw you back into your disorder, I feel like you should probably stay of the internet in general. And anyone that has recovered - I don't feel you have truly fully recovered if you are this easily triggered.

I don't like to glorify her appearance (ie call her beautiful) because she's made it very clear that she's suffering from an eating disorder, and calling her "beautiful" at her current weight sort of impedes any recovery process.

Could you provide a link to where she says this? (I'm not trying to imply in any way that you're lying or anything btw I'm just curious as to what she has been saying with regards to her weight.)

I think sickness or not, she is a bit too thin for my taste and doesn't look happy, well, or stable, which to me is very important.

@Golden ice It's hard to provide links since she doesn't typically address it head-on or really keep track of the posts when she discusses it, but here is an example of her basically saying she doesn't want to talk about it. Here is another that implies something. And this one pretty much shows that she has issues with her body image. Basically, she has never come out and said outright that she's anorexic/EDNOS/bulimic/etc., but if you've followed her for a while, it's obvious that she's sick.

Alright, I'm done stalking her :lol: If you care to delve into her "my face" tag, there are photos of her from several years ago when she was overweight. Also, the "shmegeh" tag on tumblr is constantly bombarded with some troll posting photos of her from middle/high school when she was in a scene phase.

Last edited by a moderator:
tumblr_my1fnwEG1N1qzt48xo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mqc2lqTUdx1qzt48xo1_1280.jpg

She's (too) skinny, but she clearly is not mentally stable. I think this is the kind of behaviour that skinny gossip doesn't want to promote.

I did some stalking today and the tube/IV is from breaking her ribs (punctured a lung).
I'm not sure how, but she is clearly sick, and I think so is her girlfriend. Although to a lesser/different extent or at least she's had experience of the sort. It's quite hard to live and see someone close do that to themselves. I hope she gets help; she can be quite beautiful, but I don't think that's what she wants, ultimately...

I guess I didn't mean beautiful because of how thin she is, she just has a very very pretty face and in that picture I don't see someone incredibly thin and ill, I see someone who is just a genuinely beautiful girl, I assure you, I see her beauty in that picture as something outside of her illness, she just looks so pure and I don't know, I don't know what I'm saying I'm sorry.

I guess I didn't mean beautiful because of how thin she is, she just has a very very pretty face and in that picture I don't see someone incredibly thin and ill, I see someone who is just a genuinely beautiful girl, I assure you, I see her beauty in that picture as something outside of her illness, she just looks so pure and I don't know, I don't know what I'm saying I'm sorry.

Hey, it's alright, I have foot-in-mouth syndrome too, sometimes. But I agree, I think if she was healthy she'd be a stunning girl… just as is it's hard to look at.

hey girls,

since the argument at the beginning of this thread back in the days, i visit Michelles blog every other day b/c i got really curious. idk if you read it lately, but apparently she has a severe problem with alcohol too. people started to attack her and presumed she just talks shit to get attention b/c she's currently kind of obsessed with the movie "young adults" about a women who's mentally unstable and a drinker herself. i think she sufferes deeply and is struggling hard. she entered rehab, checked out after 2 days. wrote everyday about not planning to get better ever but die young and being constantly drunk. yesterday she posted a medical file from her doc, where all her issues are written down:
http://shmegeh.tumblr.com/image/74235600286

i guess to kind of prove that she is not faking it. it got crazy. i really feel sorry for her.

and being a goddamn stalker, i discovered old photos and videos of her and i can't help it, i am still kind of double-minded about her intentions. just like @Golden ice said, i think she is very intelligent and free minded. by now on the one hand i enjoy reading her statements, which i did not expect in the beginning. on the other hand she acts really weird in the videos and i still think she is kind of addicted to the attention/publicity she is getting. tbh i think she always wanted to be the popular blonde, you know? she adores Paris and all those reality queens and i think she wanted a life like that for herself too. in high school she was the "fat weird emo kid" as she said one time and got bullied a lot. it'S really sad. i hope she gets help. she could be such an inspiration for other kids that suffer from bullying and shit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
her tumblr kind of makes me uncomfortable, i don't know anything about her so i won't really comment on it really but it just kind of makes me realize how much I appreciate SG where we can admire thinspo from supermodels and gorgeous girls instead of a lot of the dark, depressing thinspo that's all over the internet (which is the vibe I get from her tumblr)

Reactions: 1 user