Shit Model Management

sore

Super Star
Jan 25, 2012
https://www.instagram.com/shitmodelmgmt/

"We all want to quit. Two models exposing the truth."

Article on Fashionista:
"The Internet is a pretty incredible place: It seems like every day, seemingly out of nowhere, there's a new web phenomenon that has everyone talking.

Such was the case early this week when we noticed a regram of a hilarious meme about modeling that originated from an account with the handle@shitmodelmgmt. Shrouded in the Internet's veil of anonymity, it runs in the same vein as fashion tell-all Twitter accounts like @shitamodelsays,@nobtothes and @condeelevator (RIP). The account is only five days old, but it has already amassed over 5,000 followers thanks to a plethora of funny, on-the-nose jokes touching on every model problem from dealing with designers to model apartment nightmares.

With a bio that reads, "We all want to quit. Two models exposing the truth," we had to know more about the models behind the memes. Thankfully, H and S — not their real initials, obvi — were willing to chat anonymously over email, and their responses were just as open and candid as the jokes they put on the 'gram.

Read on for their #hottakes on why Instagram is actually a "huge stress" for models, how the industry changes you and why not every model gets toreally have a voice."

Lots of models are following, Greta Varlese commented on almost every pic.
Thoughts?

really nothing new or funny IMO. Just another page with texts and memes, most of which feels really unoriginal.

I don't think any of them are that funny either. The humor feels... especially juvenile. A lot of them I don't really even consider that unique to the industry; they can be quite interchangeable with other careers... like the one "When your agent says to be confident and cool at a casting but you really dead on the inside," I could easily translate that to anyone at any job who has to do their job despite not feeling enthusiastic about it.

Reactions: 2 users
I don't think any of them are that funny either. The humor feels... especially juvenile.

That's probably because the two 'models exposing everything' are like 16 years old. The models who comment and like a lot (Greta, Maartje, Yasmin) all belong to the younger bunch of models, I suspect the account belongs to some of their friends. Oh, also, our fav Hailee jumped on board!

That being said, I agree that not all of them are on point (in fact, many aren't), but some are really quite entertaining.

Last edited:
Unpopular opinion, but I think they're quite funny. And in the end is a job, and of consequence some aspects are similar to normal ones; I don't see it as a problem
I also find pretty obvious that the page is run by young models, would be weird find out that the owners are in their 30s

Reactions: 7 users
Unpopular opinion, but I think they're quite funny. And in the end is a job, and of consequence some aspects are similar to normal ones; I don't see it as a problem
I also find pretty obvious that the page is run by young models, would be weird find out that the owners are in their 30s
Yeah I think they're all hilarious too hahah. But maybe it's because I cannot relate to them, and don't really know how it's like.

Reactions: 1 user
Also, not sure they're THAT young. The tone of a bunch of the posts is too jaded to be written by anyone with much tolerance for the industry left. Plus they talk about judging 16yr olds with 39yr old bfs, and girls with teenage metabolisms as though they've passed that phase.

I'll take this over ex-models *speaking out* against the horrible fashion industry any day :nopity:. At least they seem to take their jobs seriously and accept that these are all parts of the industry they have to live with, all in good humour.

• Agree
Reactions: 11 users
I found this a few days ago in my Instagram recommended posts and thought some of them were pretty funny! It has the same tone as most online humor accounts, similar to lots of memes/posts about people dealing with high school or college or retail work, but crossed with that 'Shit Model Says' Twitter. I assumed they were older than sixteen-ish because of the jadedness as well as an implication I found that they'd invested too much in modeling to just quit (as a reference to their bio) which makes it seem, on par with the content of many of their posts, like they're more experienced.

Yeah I like when they talk about finishing a long day of castings and then their agents are like "GET OVER TO _____ ASAP!!" , the ones about weirdo photographers trying to push their portfolios, the ones about hmu's trying to give advice, etc. Plus I never mind seeing activity from the models from their verified accounts (like Greta & Yasmin as earlier stated)

• Agree
The account is harmless I guess, but this one made me laugh.
Screen Shot 2016-04-27 at 9.42.34 am.png

Just by looking at VS models you can tell they eat... :sneaky:

• Funny
Reactions: 5 users
The account is harmless I guess, but this one made me laugh.
View attachment 11542
Just by looking at VS models you can tell they eat... :sneaky:
I love that reaction image/scene, I relate too much :lol:

To the "leftbruises" commenter, there's definitely a difference between 'not even eating' and restricting calories and increasing exercise for a week before their bodies are about to be completely on display. That's a common practice for people about to go on vacation or to the beach, professional bodybuilders, brides, or just wedding attendees, anyone with an ounce of self control ...

I love that reaction image/scene, I relate too much :lol:

To the "leftbruises" commenter, there's definitely a difference between 'not even eating' and restricting calories and increasing exercise for a week before their bodies are about to be completely on display. That's a common practice for people about to go on vacation or to the beach, professional bodybuilders, brides, or just wedding attendees, anyone with an ounce of self control ...

you're replying on SG to a comment left on a popular Instagram...

thanks