Shit Model Management / Shitmodelmgmt / Agency Whistle Blower

Maybe it’s just me but the email isnt bad at all to me? I mean she is a model... it has its requirements like any other job. She knew what she was getting into. If you don’t want to be a model then don’t be one. There are thousands of girls that can and will happily take your place. “Trash email” - lol that’s probably the biggest exaggeration I’ve ever heard.
This email seems way more gentle than a lot of similar ones in the industry...

• Agree
  • Useful
Reactions: 3 users

Just as an additional information, my boyfriend is an agency-signed model, has done a few campaigns for major brands (though that was a few years ago now).

He hasn't done much in the past year and decided to pick it back up (I saw some old modelling pictures and he used to be much thinner). The other day I asked him how work was going and he jokingly told me that his agency told him to lose some weight.
He didn't make a big deal out of it, he just said 'well I want something from them and they want something from me', he sees it as a working relationship and did not make any fuss whatsoever about this request.

So just to show that it applies to both girls and boys, he didn't winge about it, has been cutting back on the amount of food he's eating, and there's that. Though I can appreciate that the restriction has to be proportionally bigger for girls.

• Agree
Reactions: 13 users
Realmodelprobs, an account similar to shitmodelmanagement, has created an online forum (similar to SGF) for models to discuss the industry. Good idea in theory, but the forum is open to both signed models and aspiring models. The forum has been up all of 2 hours and is already inundated with posts such as “what agencies in London will sign me at 5’3?” and “what agencies in New York accept 36 hips?” :headbang:

• Funny
  • WTF
Reactions: 7 users
2CF7A51A-F878-453B-A885-1A285A02113F.gif
Realmodelprobs, an account similar to shitmodelmanagement, has created an online forum (similar to SGF) for models to discuss the industry. Good idea in theory, but the forum is open to both signed models and aspiring models. The forum has been up all of 2 hours and is already inundated with posts such as “what agencies in London will sign me at 5’3?” and “what agencies in New York accept 36 hips?” :headbang:

• Funny
Reactions: 6 users
So just to show that it applies to both girls and Though I can appreciate that the restriction has to be proportionally bigger for girls.

It's not - I know many male models restricting. They diet just the same as female models do. ~Some not all ~
I have dated 2 models and both were counting calories, semi obsessive about food etc.

Really wanting to know what was crossed out under "Take Care of your skin KEEP THAT Healthy GLOW"
Same, I bet it was on the lines of "drink plenty of water and eat plenty fresh produce ie fruits and vegetables".
But agents are badddd so we won't show that.
I find her comments are so irrational and negatively skewed. I see absolutely no issues with those tips, I think they're not dramatic at all and just basic and simple tips to get the most out of her chosen career. I mean no one's got a gun to her head forcing her to do modelling... like any other job there are job requirements. I can't see a lawyer or a doctor or basically any other career person highlighting and annotating a job description that lists having a degree and certain qualifications to be a suitable candidate. Stfu and start doing your inner thigh lifts :lol:

It's not - I know many male models restricting. They diet just the same as female models do. ~Some not all ~
I have dated 2 models and both were counting calories, semi obsessive about food etc.

So what's your point, do they or do they not?
I can guarantee that my boyfriend does NOT restrict or count calories the ways that we do here/models would. And he is still booking jobs.
There's just more leeway for men in the industry, that's it. Of course they still have to pay attention, but not as close as.

oh yeah? well I know THREE male models and all of them binge to stay skinny so clearly this is emblematic of all male models:smash::smash::smash:

• Funny
  • Jizztastic
Reactions: 1 users
I'm so grateful to whoever is running Shit Model Management. My first ever test shoot was with one of the photographers on that list (with an asterisk) and he made me feel so uncomfortable. However, given that it was my first shoot, I didn't know how unusual it was for him to ask for my number, to text me all the time, to talk about sexual things with me despite the fact that he was 16 years older than me... He never tried to assault me, but every time we shot together he made way too many comments about my body, and always tried to convince me to shoot nude. Now that the list has come out, I feel so incredibly validated. I've even personally spoken to other models about him and heard their stories. Unlike some of the other photographers on there, he has been completely destroyed. No one in this city will ever work with him again. He's deleted his website and his social media. Meanwhile, so many of the accused photographers are still working consistently in the industry. It's such a shame that agencies and clients are willing to work with abusers.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
oh yeah? well I know THREE male models and all of them binge to stay skinny so clearly this is emblematic of all male models
hahaha i just read that back and yuppp... very poorly worded on my behalf :facepalm:
Completely agree 2 people aren't any measure of a prevailing trend but I was more commenting in my experience I knew a few who did diet as hard as female models.. but not everyone has that experience. sorry for my inability to articulate such a simple thought lol
:supershame:

Reactions: 1 user
Oi, something worth saying maybe...

If you take a man and a woman at the same height and BMI, statistically, the man will probably have a higher BMR, and thus be able to eat more calories than the woman, simply because he would have a lower body fat % and more muscle. If a female model had a body fat % under 8% she would probably have a lot of health problems, while that % wouldn't be too unusual for a man.

On top of that, I'm pretty sure the average female model maintains a lower BMI than a male model, further decreasing how many calories she can eat. I won't mention height because that one is obvious and I like to think that our appetite is a least a little proportional to our height (again, outliers obviously exist).

Although I don't doubt that many male models are incredibly strict about their diet, or that some outliers exist, I think it's safe to say that on average, female models would restrict more than male models.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users
If you take a man and a woman at the same height and BMI, statistically, the man will probably have a higher BMR, and thus be able to eat more calories than the woman, simply because he would have a lower body fat % and more muscle.
Yes, but if a man has a higher BMR then doesn’t that just mean he’d be hungrier and require more food? Just like we might say an athlete who does intense exercise for hours every day eating 1200 calories is starving herself, while a 5’0 sedentary woman eating 1200 calories is not.

Yes, but if a man has a higher BMR then doesn’t that just mean he’d be hungrier and require more food? Just like we might say an athlete who does intense exercise for hours every day eating 1200 calories is starving herself, while a 5’0 sedentary woman eating 1200 calories is not.

This is reducing the well-recognized observation that men generally lose weight more easily than women to a gross simplification. It's more than caloric input/output and subjective sense of hunger. Metabolic and hormonal differences abound; multiple bodily systems contribute.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

I'm sure it does, but the less calories you eat, the more difficult it becomes to meet nutritional targets (for macro- & micronutrients), and the hungrier you probably feel if you fail to meet those targets. It becomes some weird math puzzle where you need to find the optimal collection of foods to meet all targets while still remaining under your calorie goal.

Screen Shot 2019-06-16 at 9.24.05 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-06-16 at 9.24.13 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-06-16 at 9.24.22 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-06-16 at 9.24.29 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-06-16 at 9.24.41 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-06-16 at 9.24.53 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-06-16 at 9.25.05 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-06-16 at 9.25.13 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-06-16 at 9.25.23 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-06-16 at 9.25.38 PM.png

This has nothing to do with ShitModelManagement but I thought I'd post Alexandria Morgan's Twitter rant about her old agency here. She's overdramatizing things a bit but I think her complaints are reasonable and definitely make her old agency seem sketchy. Re: the weight loss thing, correct me if I'm wrong but I can't see 112 lbs at 5'10 looking "too fat" for a model, especially one in her lane (i.e. not a frequent Saint Laurent show opener.) It was probably an issue of measurements in which case the agency could have worded it differently instead of making it sound like she needed to lose weight all over.

Does anyone know who she used to be signed with?

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
cont.Screen Shot 2019-06-16 at 9.25.55 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-06-16 at 9.26.05 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-06-16 at 9.36.52 PM.png

(just noticed some of the screenshots got a little cut off at the bottom. nothing super crucial was lost though)

Last edited:
  • Sad
Does anyone know who she used to be signed with?

She was previously signed with Women360, who I'm guessing she's talking about. I've been following her for a while and noticed that she basically stopped working. It's nice to finally know why!

• Useful
She was previously signed with Women360, who I'm guessing she's talking about. I've been following her for a while and noticed that she basically stopped working. It's nice to finally know why!
I do vaguely remember her being signed with them! She still has the same mother agent who scouted her though. Yikes, I thought they were a good and reputable agency and assumed she was talking about some random smaller scam agency...