Shapewear! Do you wear it?

fuhhletch

Runt
Sep 26, 2012
VA, USA
I just ordered my first real, tightlacing, old school corset since my Frederick's waist cincher was much too weak for me.
Anyone else into corsets/cinchers/girdles/spanx/etc?
I figure if the beauties of old Hollywood did it, it must be worth it. I have a crazy waist to hip ratio, anyway.

I wear padded underwear sometimes... flat-ish butt haha. (or at least clothes make it seems so) does that count?

Beent hinking about trying corsets, but well, my waist is already 22" as it is. The thing is my hips are also very narrow, so I don't have a very good waist hip ratio (22-33)... I just figured it'd be easier to get a smaller waist than bigger hips.

Sometimes I'll wear spanx when I'm wearing a dress to hide some bumps (gross, but I'm still not skinny material lol)

But I'm interested about corsets. How often would you wear it? Like would you just sleep in it, or wear it under clothes?

I like the idea of wearing it all the time to make my waist smaller, but wearing it all the time under clothes seems awfully inconvienient :/

I'm looking for a corset to wear under my clothes but I really don't know how to close it myself D:

Edit: not to hide lumps but because I have that stupid habit of always gulping down a whole bottle of water and
thats why I think I eat so much when I eat. I want to have this awareness of OK NO MORE ROOM!

When I was 12 Kilos heavier it didn't work for me. No bumps were covered....

Hmm I don't specifically use spanx. It's some generic shapewear so I just called it spanx lol.

I'm looking for a corset to wear under my clothes but I really don't know how to close it myself D:

Edit: not to hide lumps but because I have that stupid habit of always gulping down a whole bottle of water and
thats why I think I eat so much when I eat. I want to have this awareness of OK NO MORE ROOM!

I don't think you can close it by yourself. Unless you have the laces to the front. :/

I don't think you can close it by yourself. Unless you have the laces to the front. :/

Yup, you can! this video shows how. I'm sure it takes practice, but it's possible!

And @esmer, I'm probably going to wear it most of the day since it helps with posture and I really need that. Not to sleep, probably, unless it proves to be quite comfortable! I only want to lose about two or three inches on my waist, so I wouldn't have to wear it as much as Scarlett O'Hara.

Last edited by a moderator:

I used to tie a very thin string around my belly for this exact purpose. then I realized it was much easier to just wear a thin fashion belt around my waist. works like a charm.

Yup, you can! this video shows how. I'm sure it takes practice, but it's possible!

And @esmer, I'm probably going to wear it most of the day since it helps with posture and I really need that. Not to sleep, probably, unless it proves to be quite comfortable! I only want to lose about two or three inches on my waist, so I wouldn't have to wear it as much as Scarlett O'Hara.

Gahhh I love Scarlett O'Hara. And would wearing it for a long time permanently take off those extra couple of inches?

Last edited by a moderator:
Gahhh I love Scarlett O'Hara. And would wearing it for a long time permanently take off those extra couple of inches?

I think some of the lost inches would stay lost for a good while after wearing it habitually, but not forever. Obviously when the corset comes off it'll expand back out, but not all the way after a while.

I think some of the lost inches would stay lost for a good while after wearing it habitually, but not forever. Obviously when the corset comes off it'll expand back out, but not all the way after a while.

Some women (tightlacers are what you call them, I think) make their waist shrink... like 10 inches. Lol. Think Dita Von Teese. Takes years, though.

I never thought of buying it but if it shapes, why not? I mean I'll be so excited when I won't need it :luv:
Haha, just reminded me, imagine big fat pig wearing shapewear and then she has boyfriend and they get hot an heavy and go to bed then kaboom she takes off shapewear and he runs off screaming from fear that she'll eat him :lol: