September Issues

I got Vogue UK and after giving it a good going over I have to say...is it just me, or are the women in the ads looking a bit 'larger' than usual?! Have they actually stopped using models under a certain BMI or photoshopped them larger? I used to leaf through Vogue in awe of how tiny and delicate the models looked, now I'm in awe of how thick their calves are. Maybe I'm just blinkered by my love of the skinny look, maybe I've become accustomed to seeing very thin models and now, although being the same size, they don't look skinny anymore? Who knows. There are a few pictures, all of them catwalk shots, where the models look how I envisage them to look but all of the adverts make me question my sanity!
I've been posting this to another thread once:
"[...] As from June, the international fashion magazine [Vogue] will renounce those same models. The morbid craze about skinniness shall be stopped in all 19 countries in which "Vogue" is published. Boney women's bodies on which femininity is indistinguishable without any curves, will then belong to the past in one of the world's most influential fashion magazines.
The magazine [...] knows about its leading role in the world of fashion.
"We carry a certain body image and are aware of our role model function" [...]
All 19 executive editors of Vogue international have concluded an agreement to promote a healthy body image in the future. Last Thursday, the managing editors announced a six-point-agreement, in which the departments commit to a row of sanctions. Specifically, there shall no future series be produced with girls with eating disorders. It shall be pointed out to casting/model agencies, too, that girls who are not merely thin but rather obviously sick, won't get chances of photo series anymore.

(I had to translate this, I hope it's comprehensible :lol:)

How would one go about buying single issues of vogue other than their own country's issue?

That's what i'm wondering about, too. :hmm:

I usually buy them at Borders or Barnes and Noble. They'll probably have some at big bookstores in your area, and if it's a long drive, you could call ahead and ask them what issues they have in stock. It's a lot easier to find international magazines in Europe.

Or you could try eBay, if you're okay with paying above market price.

Natasha-Poly-by-Cuneyt-Akeroglu-Vogue-Turkey-September-2012.jpg

Natasha's Vogue Turkey cover, do doubt!

Sooj Mooj and others (I don't know all of their names) on the September cover of Vogue Japan.
image.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users
If you were curious, it's Fernanda Ly, Chiharu Okunugi, Soo Joo Park, Milano Nasu, Yuka Mannami, Shu Pei, and Sora Choi (not in any specific order) :)
Thank you! I am curious. Who is the one with the pink hair? I've seen her all over the runways.

It's Fernanda Ly; back when I was a dumb rookie I made a thread for her even though she wasn't really that relevant/skinny haha http://www.skinnygossip.com/community/threads/fernanda-ly.9056/
Thank you. Yeah, I'm definitely not starting threads anytime soon. I do make suggestions in the Ones to Watch thread and hope that an upper level member likes them and makes a thread. I try really hard not to rock the boat. I'm just happy to be a member of the community.

I try really hard not to rock the boat. I'm just happy to be a member of the community.
That's the best attitude to have I think. I haven't been around *that* long either but this place is like my home so I try my best. Definitely had a dumb rookie phase though.

If the money's rolling in, I suppose they have no reason to entertain it

edit: how American. Lol
Who is the money rolling in from? People who can't cancel their subscriptions? Everytime Vogue so much as tweets about Kendall everyone complains

Reactions: 1 user
I don't think fashion elite are buying the Kartrashian bullshit. We've been how Kim has been rejected by every fashion house to now being dressed by the (much cheapened) Balmain.

Those who don't know fashion love Kendall as a "model" but I've yet to see one of these girls but magazines. They usually just follow Cosmo and the likes.

Who is the money rolling in from? People who can't cancel their subscriptions? Everytime Vogue so much as tweets about Kendall everyone complains
That was just an outside speculation. It would be really interesting to see how the repeated featuring of the Kardashians have affected sales - not sure where I would find that though, or if it's even public record